Is it Okay to have sexual fantasies about someone else while in a relationship?

When you are in a relationship, is it ever okay to sexually fantasize about someone else?

Or is it a form of emotional cheating?

Would you be okay with it if you found out that your partner fantasized about others?

Is it more okay to fantasize about celebrities rather than fantasizing about friends and coworkers?

1859

Most Helpful Guy

• i have slept with many women and men but only had one relationship. A marriage that nearly lasted 21 years

in this time, I only had eyes for my wife. To the point that i could have a naked woman in front of me saying come forth, young man. And i would turn away

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• To all those who claim fantasizing is or will lead to emotional cheating... bullshit. To all those who claim they've never fantasized about another while in a relationship... bullshit. It's human nature. Being in a relationship does NOT mean you stop finding people of the opposite sex attractive, it does NOT mean your curiosity dies, it does mean you're no longer free to act on these thoughts. Emotional cheating isn't just fantasizing. When you have an actual bond with someone other than your partner, and you start to confide in this new person and tell them things you would never tell your partner, then it becomes cheating emotionally. Merely thinking about someone else in a sexual way does not make anyone a cheater! It's absolutely ridiculous! The only people who agree fantasizing is cheating are most likely too insecure with themselves and their sexual abilities to accept that its perfectly healthy. Uggghhhh! The immaturity and mindset of some people are so freaking irritating!!!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • To all those who claim they've never fantasized about another while in a relationship.

I have actually been in one whete i had never fantasized about anyone else.
      Findibg other people attractive is normal, you may think of how they would look naked and get aroused, but fantasizing about how it would be to be with them is sonething else. I wouldn't say its emotional cheating, but if its done too frequently, and with the same person, it can replace your so from your heart a bit.

You should fantasize about your so, and be with your so, thats how you keep the passion alive. Fantasizing actively about other people may not be a killer in itself, but iy can damage the bond with your so

• @lord_chilled like I said. Do some research. There's your proof. You can remain oblivious and ignorant to what's going around you (while your girlfriends rubbing one out to Ryan gosling) but i choose to accept reality. Stay prude.

• Lile i said i did mine.
      I take it you won't answer my question. Cos i had a whole lot of information to share with you.

by the way, ryan gosling😁 Really?
      If you were trying to get a raise out of me for saying my non existent girlfriend masturbates to actors, you should have gone for more masculine types.