Do you agree with dating multiple people at the same time?

I think dating apps have desensitised us, people are no longer treated with kindness/fairness.

When you're dating someone you can sure as hell expect them to be seeing 2-5 other girls/guys until your 'exclusive'.

I find that quiet silly, if you are interested in me and i am into you, why the need to see other people. It's like you're not even trying to form a connection. The term 'don't put all your eggs in one basket' is so annoying. No ones telling you to marry this person, they don't have to be the be all and end all of your life.

But I think it's just respectful (cant even use the term common courtesy) to date one person at a time, rather than seeing multiple people until you decide to be exclusive with one.

In a generation that has been nurtured to compete and not 'miss out', I think everyone is so set on not limiting their so called 'options'. We forget that we are dealing with people, and giving your full attention to ONE potential partner, does not limit your options from meeting 'the one'. If anything you're giving yourself a wholehearted opportunity to see if they are the right person for you. Just give people a chance to show who they really are.

In today's generation
- Girls: 'Dave didn't compliment my outfit, Nick and John did, goodbye Dave'.

- Guys: 'Louise laughs at my jokes, but Amy and Gemma look prettier laughing, C yaa Lou'

It's become ridiculous that a guy gets shocked when I say his the only person I'm seeing right now, as if I am Virgin Mary in disguise.

Maybe i'm just a boring old fart, born in the wrong generation who should shut up. But i'm sick of this emphasis on 'exclusivity'; declaring it has become as significant as proposing to a partner.

So what are your opinions?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Shut up you old fart.
    Vote C
  • Are you on your period?
    Vote D

320

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you can be instested in someone and spend time with them, dating. But until you know they're worth investing in exclusively, then I don't think its wrong to date other people.

Of course you're right in the sense that it does make it a lot more difficult to form any sort of meaningful connection with someone if you're just one out of 5 or 6 people they're seeing and vice versa. Its counterproductive if you're looking for a more meaningful connection. But you also gotta know a lot of people say they want that but act the opposite so they're essentially full of shit. Dating multiple people at the same time saves you from wasting all that time on dating someone who you later find out was completely not worth your time.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I were dating two guys at once o wouldn't be as invested in getting to know each on as properly as I would if I were just seeing the one, I'd find it even harder to choose between the two too because they'd both likely have opposing aspects I like and dislike in each. For clarity's sake I find it more logical to date one person at a time and and give it a genuine shot and if it doesn't work then just move onto the next one.

• THANK YOUUUuuuu

• The last guy I dated said he'd been on lots of dates besides me too initially when I asked, but when he asked me the same question and I told him I only have time to date one person right now even if I wanted to date more, he suddenly changed his tune and said 'me too'. Maybe they think it makes them more attractive or something to come off like they're in demand? Or maybe they're just being honest, who knows.

• Maybe that could be true, but I think he felt like he has to mirror your answer so he doesn't come across like a serial dater lol.