Do you think forbidden love makes the love for each other stronger?

So I was wondering do you think we crave the love we can't have more because you know you and the person you love can't be together it makes the love even more stronger, deeper and painful.

For example if Romero and Juliet were aloud to be together with no problems do you think they'd would have still loved each other as much as they did.

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I think love can be more exciting when it's forbidden.

But no, I don;t think love becomes stronger when it's forbidden.

If anything, it probably becomes weaker over time, because most people will crave the safety and stability of a relationship that isn't forbidden.

0|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. When you really think about it, it is nothing but selfishness because they 'felt' something and wanted what they wanted. And did what they wanted to do which got one or two of their family members killed besides them killing yourself for them. How is that love?

"So I was wondering do you think we crave the love we can't have more because you know you and the person you love can't be together it makes the love even more stronger, deeper and painful." Again, this is the definition of selfishness. Not love. Love doesn't work that way. Especially mature love. They had no reason to be together except by what they felt. It doesn't work in real life.

0|1
    2|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• "So I was wondering do you think we crave the love we can't have more because you know you and the person you love can't be together it makes the love even more stronger, deeper and painful. "

Conceptually, I think that is true, at least to a great extent. Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah we crave stuff we can't have more.. just when u take a simple example when u textinga guy and the guy doesn't text you sometimes on time, puts in those time gaps on purpose, and tht pisses you off cuz u wanna text him, then u realize how much u actually wanna text him

0|0
    0|0
  • They'd have banged a quick one out but then again they'd have reconsidered things differently in different conditions. An arabic proverb says "All that is taboo is wanted." It rhymes in arabic. Anyway, true love survives being taboo but with great effort, but taboo love can make it seem like true love just because it fuels the imagination.

0|1
    0|0
  • It does I was forced to break up with my ex by her parents 3 years ago n I still got feeling for her till this day

1|0
    0|0
    • I know how you feel unfortunately I always fall for guys I can't be with for some reason and I still think about some of them sometime even though I don't feel anything for them anymore

• It part of life sadly sorry for your pain but it helps you grow as a person. I'm expecting a baby soon but still miss my ex even through am over her

• I'm in a long distance relationship with a guy after my patents broke us apart 20 years ago. Due to the distance we are unable to be together. But we admit that we are still in love with one another after all this time. So I believe in the phrase, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

• It's just an emotional "challenge accepted"
    Because your told no or you know it's wrong, as a youth you want it more because you were told no or no your not supposed to.
    A very deflating result.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yep, ig so. I am really attracted to white girls but am not allowed to date one because of my parents. In that case ig the love might be stronger! Then again, I haven't dated anyone ever in my life so I wouldn't know 😕

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Forbidden love seems great just in teenager's sitcoms. Real life is much more complex than lust and cravings for unnecessary little drama in life.

0|0
    1|0
  • We people are naturally rebellious so yeah I think so

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the taboo nature of forbidden love does make it stronger yeah :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Forbidden love tends to make it stronger, in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes love will always be able to find way even if the situation has changed it wom’t Effect how strong it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that always sound glamorous and rebellious. But in reality it just adds more problems and stress to a relationship. And usually does not work out.

0|0
    1|0
  • For the person who loves the other person maybe it can , they understand the other person's value

1|0
    0|0
  • It just makes the taboo stronger but eventually like all things it will pass and love becomes a full time job. Love is a job

0|0
    1|0
  • Off course. I've always felt a different thrill having sex with girls of other races or races that forbid it big time in their culture

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes the situation feel more invigorating ad exciting. So it's more lustful than love.

0|0
    1|0
  • Forbidden love makes it stronger definitely!

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about love. But the sex can be kinky.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah i think so

0|0
    0|0
  • Idk😯

0|0
    0|1
  • What kinda relationship are you in? @Alice2398

0|0
    0|0
  • It's this kind of love that makes it strongest

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooo

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes. Definitely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it was like that for my cousin and I. When our families found out we were separated but we would still meet up secretly months and years later and it would be just as before.

1|0
    0|0
    • Would be a shock when she attends ur wedding and ur bride to be finds out

• @BlackMaleYou my last girlfriend caught me cheating with her when she was visiting friends. Whatever it is about whenever we meet it always ends in sex, we've been lile thst since we were 14

• That depends. If you're referring to old-young people romance or incestuous romance or interracial romance or the classic Romeo and Juliet romance.

Some will view it in disgust but between you and your lover... and if really is true love. It doesn't matter what other people say.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• Oh my... Yes definitely yes!
    But really... I would like my heart to stop, aching...
    https://i.imgur.com/gInHfhM.gif

3|1
    0|1
  • Romeo and Juliet is one of the most misunderstood plays of all time. It wasn't a romance it was a tragedy. The whole play takes place in a matter of days and Romeo starts the play off in "love" with someone else. They weren't in love, they were in lust. Forbidden fruit so to speak doesn't make love stronger it may make it more exciting for a short time. Hardship can bring people together but it can just as easily tear them apart.

2|2
    1|0
  • I don't think it makes their love stronger. But "fighting" to make a relationship survive through all adversities in life proves their love for each other IS already strong. It's evidence of their strength of character as individuals too. Because the relationship wouldn't survive if only one person was fighting for it

I judge the strength of someone's love and loyalty when they or we are faced with adversities in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends really. but im gonna say yes for this one. i guess with forbidden love you really test your love for the other person by facing obstacles etc. whereas with unforbidden love there is no need to fight for what you want so you really do not know your limits and how far you are willing to go for one person.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more the image of love than real love. You can't have it so you imagine how it will be like but once you have it then you don't desire it anymore or are disappointed because you're imagining such amazing things.

0|3
    1|0
  • i think it makes the desire stronger I don't know if it makes the love stronger.

1|2
    0|0
  • certainly not. you can love someone very much without the relationship being forbidden... and sometimes, people mistaken "forbidden love" for a fling or lust, but it does not necessarily mean that its something serious

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, in the beginning of the relationship. But as time goes on it may get played out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! It does because it gives the partners more excitement!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I agree with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in love with a guy who broke up with me because of the age gap, he said maybe when we're older lol but not being able to love him definitely makes it stronger on my part

0|0
    0|0
    • That's not love. Those are just cravings. Once u have after a while the hormones will not be the same

Recommended myTakes