Why do I like being treated badly?

I find myself falling for guys who treat me like an options instead of a priority. They cancel plans and text back late, yet I still give them chances. But when guys are attentive and treat me right I find myself feeling smothered. What’s wrong with me? Why do I like being treated badly?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• https://youtu.be/s6b33PTbGxk

He is a hustler, he's no good at all
    He is a loser, he's a bum, bum, bum, bum
    He lies, he bluffs, he's unreliable
    He is a sucker with a gun, gun, gun, gun
    I know you told me I should stay away
    I know you said he's just a dog astray
    He is a bad boy with a tainted heart
    And even I know this ain't smart

But mama I'm in love with a criminal
    And this type of love isn't rational, it's physical
    Mama please don't cry, I will be alright
    All reason aside I just can't deny, love the guy

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • abusive famlily background would be my bet, but i would still recommend you to look for therapy, if thats bothering you. sometimes this can be a symptom of neglect issues during the person's upbring, but that's all bollocks until a professional has been checked with.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe because you have low self-esteem, lack self-belief and have little self- respect. Anyone who knows their own worth, and has self-respect would never tolerate being mistreated by anyone. Hopefully as your personal growth develops , you'll become mentally and emotionally mature enough to stop falling for assholes

2|1
    0|0
  • It's part of what we as women have allowed to become what we find attractive. It's really a mindset, I too think that I have the same problem as you. It's really what as a society we've been taught to expect and to like. Why do you think that bad boy books and movies are so popular? It's what we've been influenced to believe by so many people. It's also a problem that we as women have, we want it all. A bad boy with a great body, a heart of gold who's secretly a genius. When we think we found that we'll try our best to keep it. We'll blame ourselves, blame our family, blame our friends, anyone that's not him, because it can't possibly be his fault. Since we find so many apparently good things about him we try to find excuses for the not-so-good ones. It's really a self-destructive behavior, but we just can't help ourselves. Because we want the fairytale, and we want to be the one who changes the bad boy. We want the perfect love story, but there isn't such a thing. As long as we're looking for the perfect Prince Charming, we're going to keep up with this self-destructive behavior. Hope you can break out of the cycle, best of luck!

2|1
    0|0
    • Did society teach you to blame society for your own personal flaws?

• Show All
    • I just take responsibility for my own issues, blaming society or any other 3rd party will get you no where.

• @Kiels01 I guess you're right. I think I'd like you if I would have met you in another setting. Keep on challenging people, best of luck!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 56

• you're just a standard issue, basic thot.

So yeah.. good luck with that.

1|4
    1|1
    • Umm alright

• Show All
    • Jesus dude... at least bring a fire extinguisher before roasting the poor girl. She isn't even an adult.

• @Benedek38 Eh, She'll be aight, If she can handle the same guy cheating on her 14 times in a month, Im sure she can handle some reality, Lmao.

• You like being a victim so you can get sympathy from your friends about how the guys you meet are arseholes. You enjoy the attention it gives you as then your friends will care more about you. And you like chasing those guys because you know they have options so aren't weak guys who'll bore you to death with constant compliments that you get for free rather than earning through merit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Been there, done that. Maybe your home life isn't all that nice either. Maybe you don't have much self-esteem and when someone tells you how wonderful you are, you think they must be lying or they just aren't all that smart.

Believe the people who tell you good things and treat you well. You are a lovely person and deserve to be loved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since you're under 18 I'll give u the benefit of doubt that you're just finding yourself still and you think that certain guys are so coool, it night change as u get older but that's pretty typical of most women to feel this way lol

2|0
    0|1
  • It's because you want to feel like you have to work to be a part of someone's life. You're a dog chasing a car. You get bored once you have the car.

2|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• To me it sounds like you don’t love yourself enough or as much as you love others, so maybe you try to find validation and self worth in guys who you will have to break your back for just so they’ll feel the same even tho they won’t. But what the hell do I know 😂😂😂

2|0
    0|0
  • Then guys wonder why some woman are feminist. Sweetie you are super woman and you are worth more then that. Man are fucking jerks and think they can step on woman. Times have change we are no longer in the 1900's. We are super woman and we got power! Cheer up you don't need trashy man because you rule and you are a 👑 queen.

0|0
    0|1
    • yet she wants them, she doesn't want guys that treat her nice. If girls wanted guys that treated them well then there would be no assholes. want change? gotta focus both ends of a burning rope or you burn up all the rope ya have left. There is a great article written by julia serano a trans woman looking from both side that explains why girls like jerks and why guys become jerks for girls and many other issues like the entire predator/prey double standard.

• Show All
    • @theflash675 That's too quick for you to judge that life of @Priscilla93's son would be hell, She said she doesn't need a man, not that she hates them, & probably that's because she doesn't see much of them good enough as per her ideal standards or as per what she expects good men to be or whatsoever... and I'm quite sure that any determined, independent woman who has a sense of how an ideal man should be & what he shouldn't be like would raise her son in a way that's much needed in today's world unlike majority people "generally" raising their sons to be either douchebags or weak pretentious 'nice guys'.

• "Man are jerks and think they can step on women" she was generalizing in multiple replies, as you are with "nice guys" thats the problem i have, generalizations. Sexism goes both ways and is rooted closely with racism psychologically. I already talked to her on another post though, she had a bad experience with her father and i had some remorse for her outlook. She cleared up that its not all men.

• Its all about the drive they give you, sometimes those guys who treat girls poorly, gives us motivation to be challenged. They are guys who make you think and do crazy

While the other way around, even we like to be treated great, i think its just that we are exerting effort, and its defleating our energy. I mean in that side, we are the one thinking, of ruling out. Its not healthy to take the lead always

0|0
    0|0
  • You have low self esteem like me.

Take a break from relationships and try to build your self esteem.

Take my word for it sis. Or you'll end up like me.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know man can be disgusting and can say awful bad things. They think just because we are girls that they are MR. I rule the world. Hell NO! This is 2018 we are super woman we don't need a fucking dick ruining our lives. Girl power same reason why I am single, Why because man are douche bags.

• Probably you lack some excitement because you consider your life boring.

Nice guys, even though they are nice, are often too quiet and friendly, it makes them uninteresting

0|0
    0|2
    • Shallow women be like

• Show All
    • Ur talking about the second one right?

• difference between similar and nice, very clear difference.

• More from Girls

Recommended myTakes