Why do I like being treated badly?

I find myself falling for guys who treat me like an options instead of a priority. They cancel plans and text back late, yet I still give them chances. But when guys are attentive and treat me right I find myself feeling smothered. What’s wrong with me? Why do I like being treated badly?

2858

Most Helpful Guys

• https://youtu.be/s6b33PTbGxk

He is a hustler, he's no good at all
    He is a loser, he's a bum, bum, bum, bum
    He lies, he bluffs, he's unreliable
    He is a sucker with a gun, gun, gun, gun
    I know you told me I should stay away
    I know you said he's just a dog astray
    He is a bad boy with a tainted heart
    And even I know this ain't smart

But mama I'm in love with a criminal
    And this type of love isn't rational, it's physical
    Mama please don't cry, I will be alright
    All reason aside I just can't deny, love the guy

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • abusive famlily background would be my bet, but i would still recommend you to look for therapy, if thats bothering you. sometimes this can be a symptom of neglect issues during the person's upbring, but that's all bollocks until a professional has been checked with.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe because you have low self-esteem, lack self-belief and have little self- respect. Anyone who knows their own worth, and has self-respect would never tolerate being mistreated by anyone. Hopefully as your personal growth develops , you'll become mentally and emotionally mature enough to stop falling for assholes

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • It's part of what we as women have allowed to become what we find attractive. It's really a mindset, I too think that I have the same problem as you. It's really what as a society we've been taught to expect and to like. Why do you think that bad boy books and movies are so popular? It's what we've been influenced to believe by so many people. It's also a problem that we as women have, we want it all. A bad boy with a great body, a heart of gold who's secretly a genius. When we think we found that we'll try our best to keep it. We'll blame ourselves, blame our family, blame our friends, anyone that's not him, because it can't possibly be his fault. Since we find so many apparently good things about him we try to find excuses for the not-so-good ones. It's really a self-destructive behavior, but we just can't help ourselves. Because we want the fairytale, and we want to be the one who changes the bad boy. We want the perfect love story, but there isn't such a thing. As long as we're looking for the perfect Prince Charming, we're going to keep up with this self-destructive behavior. Hope you can break out of the cycle, best of luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Did society teach you to blame society for your own personal flaws?

• I just take responsibility for my own issues, blaming society or any other 3rd party will get you no where.

• @Kiels01 I guess you're right. I think I'd like you if I would have met you in another setting. Keep on challenging people, best of luck!