Is it a deal breaker if a guy doesn't have a car?

Is it a deal breaker if a guy doesn't have a car?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends how old he is, his life status, the circumstances of our relationship and where it's headed...

If he was in his late 20s and was looking to settle down, I'd care for both of us to work out way towards a car before having a family.

If the guy was someone who had recently moved to the country and still had to obtain his license or was unsure of his status in staying in the country which made him not concerned in wanting a car, it's understandable to me.

1|3
    1|2
    • Sorry, typo - Work our* way towards a car before having a family.

Haha love how I'm thumbs drowned. Hated by guys who can't think far in the hardship of not having a car. When you're in a committed relationship and if down the road life happens to give you a family, having to call a taxi/uber/bus when a child has a high fever and you can't drive your child to the hospital is rather a scary thought. Or even having to carry groceries home and commute isn't fun when one lives in a rural or suburban area. A car becomes a necessity at a certain point.

• true that

• It depends on his age and how much I like him. If I like him a lot and he has a good personality then him not having a car is no big deal. If his personality isn't superb - I will expect him to be either very good looking or very rich.

8|6
    9|19
    • Very good looking *OR* very rich?
      What are you going to do with a poor dude, who lives in a crappy apartment, has no car, is a complete asshole, but looks like Brad Pitt? :D

• Show All
    • Wow.. this got jus about most to everyone triggered.. o-o;;

• @MimiHashima cuz her text is pure cancer

Most Helpful Guys

• Wow. Golden shovel award.

If a guy doesn't have a car, it could mean that he doesn't want one. Maybe he likes walking or biking to work. Maybe his job doesn't pay him enough to afford a car - does that make him a bad person? Will he always have that crappy job?

Get your eyes off our wallets, ladies, we're up here.

2|4
    2|1
    • thank you

• Show All
    • @Unit1 Glad you got a chuckle off of that :)

• This must be MHO 😂😀

• Depends on the reason he doesn't have a car. Maybe he lives a block from campus/job and he can easily walk there. Maybe he's under a pile of debt from going to law school. I'd do more to find out the situation before I'd "break a deal" because of car ownership or lack of it.

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 67

• Nope.

2|4
    5|3
  • I don’t find that a deal breaker. It’s nice being able to walk around together and or maybe even take a bus or something somewhere. It maybe convenient for the time, but not a critical deal breaker for me.

1|1
    1|1
    • This is my own personal preferences so I don’t care much about the down votes.

• I don't know either but thumbs up for you

• Not for me. I have a car myself , so we can go places in my car and I can pick him up in mine .

2|7
    1|0
  • Everybody has to start somewhere. And not everyone's family is privileged enough to be able to supply someone's first car. As long as it's a goal that somebody is actually working towards, I don't think it can be held against them

1|4
    1|1
  • No. My boyfriend doesn't have a car. Would it be cooler if he had a car? Maybe, but not necessary. I'm with him cause I like his personality. I want a boyfriend not a chouffeur.

0|5
    0|2
  • It’s just a car so no it’s not a deal breaker. Obviously you need to get places but if you’re in walking distance then that’s great since walking is good for you. If it’s too far to walk then public transport is your next best bet. I have a car but I personally prefer to walk. You get to see more, exercise, have fresh air, think and walk past some people you get to brighten up their day with a smile.

1|1
    0|3
  • No it is not a deal breaker..
    Just gotta.. make some time and earn enough money so u can get a car

0|1
    0|2
    • thats not the thing tho, i dont want car, fear of driving

• Show All
    • Public transport and if I'm ever in hurry I'll just take a cab, if I ever want to go on a road trip I'd rent a car. I'm not buying a car any time soon.

• I'm sorry but that is just plain stupid
      That will just waste your money
      Why not buy a car what u can afford less then ur price range and afford it per month then wasting ur money on transportation..

• for my age, or even at 18, nah. not a big deal unlike some girls think. but i would say by 18 you should plan soon on getting a car for your job and moving out and all that. it also depends where you live. some places you don't need cars to get around

0|0
    0|0
  • AM I a date his car? No. IDc if he’s poor or ugly. I care about the way he treats me and how he treats his parents

1|4
    0|3
  • No. But it mainly depends on why they don’t have a car. As long as it’s reasonable, then I’m not gonna complain

2|2
    0|1
    • Whats a non reasonable reason for not having a car?

• Show All
    • I dont have a car because insurance costs 3000 euro a year and i rather save those 3000 euro

• Okay... what’s your point?

• Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 39

• Depends on his age, the reason for not having a car, and how long he has been without transportation.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience it usually is for women. They take it as a sign you are poor. I have been rejected a few times for not having a car including one time when the woman didn't have a car herself. Double standards and different rules for women.

4|3
    1|0
  • I know for a fact it is a deal breaker with most women. Especially when a man my age doesn't drive but elects to take the bus. I agree, the bus is a lousy way to impress a woman. It would not impress me at all. However, I have not driven legally since 1995. I got a DUI from drugs, not alcohol. i was high and wasn't paying attention, was driving 20 mph over the speed limit and caused a really bad accident. I ran from the scene and when I was caught, an hour later, I found out I had seriously injured 8 people and killed one. I totaled 6 cars. When I got out of prison, my license was revoked but I didn't care. I swore I would never hurt another person or destroy families again. I drove once since because my friend had od and I had to take her away from the drug house to a hospital. I got her to er, threw up and checked myself into rehab. I still won't drive and even though I have good reason not to, it is a status thing for women. So all you women saying you dont mind, are sparing our feelings. Thank you

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but they'll say no because it depends if you got more to give. Like if you got money, a big dick, popularity/fame or clout they can feed off of, and or seemingly some cool talent. But there's a small 2% that care about getting to know you, but most of them are fat.

0|2
    3|0
    • What does weight have to do with it?

• I don't know. If I had to speculate maybe the fat women have less respect about themselves so therefore they give lower standards for people they date because they don't think they deserve better. Most attractive people feel they deserve either equal or better than they are.

• If you live in the US, I would say yes unless your young enough where you typically borrow a car from a relative or you live in a crowded city where everyone gets by using the train.

0|1
    0|0
    • 22 live in a city, work is not far only 10 min
      light rail

• Show All
    • Someday you may have to face that fear. Can't stay in the city forever taking Uber or a taxi to places the rail can't reach.

• true that, thank you

• Is it a deal breaker if he drives an elantra?

I think the answer is No, however some women would not be ok with it. Part of being a suitable male partner is showing that you are financially stable, a lack of a car can really hurt that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love the person for what he is not for what he has , or in your case for what he can give you. For example i love my car more then any new girl. At first i dont even drive any of the girls in my car and i never fuck them there either. My car is a holy thing for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it should be, but most of my girlfriend's had always said "I am glad you have a car". So I guess it is kind of an approval.

0|1
    0|0
  • its a deal breaker to me if she does not have a car... I am not a taxi service.

1|2
    2|0
  • The main dealbreaker for women is no abs and no money. That's all they really care about

0|4
    3|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes