Is it a deal breaker if a guy doesn't have a car?

6941

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends how old he is, his life status, the circumstances of our relationship and where it's headed...

If he was in his late 20s and was looking to settle down, I'd care for both of us to work out way towards a car before having a family.

If the guy was someone who had recently moved to the country and still had to obtain his license or was unsure of his status in staying in the country which made him not concerned in wanting a car, it's understandable to me.

• Sorry, typo - Work our* way towards a car before having a family.

Haha love how I'm thumbs drowned. Hated by guys who can't think far in the hardship of not having a car. When you're in a committed relationship and if down the road life happens to give you a family, having to call a taxi/uber/bus when a child has a high fever and you can't drive your child to the hospital is rather a scary thought. Or even having to carry groceries home and commute isn't fun when one lives in a rural or suburban area. A car becomes a necessity at a certain point.

• true that

• It depends on his age and how much I like him. If I like him a lot and he has a good personality then him not having a car is no big deal. If his personality isn't superb - I will expect him to be either very good looking or very rich.

• Very good looking *OR* very rich?
      What are you going to do with a poor dude, who lives in a crappy apartment, has no car, is a complete asshole, but looks like Brad Pitt? :D

• Wow.. this got jus about most to everyone triggered.. o-o;;

• @MimiHashima cuz her text is pure cancer

Most Helpful Guys

• Wow. Golden shovel award.

If a guy doesn't have a car, it could mean that he doesn't want one. Maybe he likes walking or biking to work. Maybe his job doesn't pay him enough to afford a car - does that make him a bad person? Will he always have that crappy job?

Get your eyes off our wallets, ladies, we're up here.

• thank you

• @Unit1 Glad you got a chuckle off of that :)

• This must be MHO 😂😀

• Depends on the reason he doesn't have a car. Maybe he lives a block from campus/job and he can easily walk there. Maybe he's under a pile of debt from going to law school. I'd do more to find out the situation before I'd "break a deal" because of car ownership or lack of it.