What makes you want to date a girl?

What makes you want to date a girl?
As opposed to just wanting to fuck her? What qualities does she possess that make her stand out from other women? Physical attraction is obvious, but what would make you genuinely want to get to know a girl?

13108

Most Helpful Guys

• First, there has to be mutual attraction - not only do I have to find her attractive, but she has to find me attractive too (and I am far from great looking). She has to want ME - not just my house or my wallet or my future prospects.

She needs to be reasonable and realistic about life - I've met a lot of women over the years who have little or nothing themselves, often are deep in debt, and they think that dating should mean traveling and fancy vacations, or her quitting her job to hang out with her friends and shop while a maid, nanny, and gardener take care of everything else at home.

Then, we have to be "long-term relationship compatible" - similar morals, values, life goals, etc.

That's hard to find in another person, but amazing when you do.

• I can't believe Glenn Quagmire, of all peoplez is getting more upvotes than me🙄
      Jk😂
      That's a really well written perspective :)

• this is an unrealistic expectation ;D im sorry but girls although high achievers in school leavers exams, go downhill soon after. Between the ages of 20-30 they have mental illness (depression, personality disorders, etc) and they are happier when they are with their girlfriends. I do agree, there may be this odd girl who is different and thats the girl you marry.

• First, I absolutely can't have meaningless sex. It just doesn't appeal to me if there's no emotional bond🤷‍♂️

As for what would make me genuinely want to get to know a girl? I'd say a compatible personality and shared interests. I find women to be attractive if they share my sense of humor, are down-to-earth, kind, generous, open minded, determined, feminine, independent, adventurous, and whatever other traits I value in a person.

In other words, I'm attracted to women who are subjectively physically appealing and possess a compatible personality. Personality is the most important part of a woman's character in a meaningful relationship.

Most Helpful Girls

• Most people on here say what they want but don't go after that type of girl OR don't appreciate her when they get her. Not tryna make anyone mad, just stating what I see🤷

• Okay some of these opinions are so hilarious i mean the fact that a guy literally wrote the fact that he wants to date a woman because a guy can't impregnate a child on his own is the true indication how we are running out of boys who genuinely respect woman and live them for their beautiful soul. Let me tell u what boys these days want... They want a insecure woman who is dependent on them.. They like the fact that their girl is dependent on them, they dont like it when girls are independent and mature... its a fact guys... Its not that m a anti - man girl or i genuinely hate boys... I dont hate boys... But this is a fact thqt boys like insecure girls

• haha wow look at this one, you're a joker seriously. You clearly have the wrong perception.
      We dont want a dependant girl, we are not your bank account. We do want a girl who can stand on her own two feet and has self-respect for herself. We hate insecure girls, they constantly moan and worry and its depressing. Most insecure girls are depressed, do you know how it feels to be around a depressed person? I'll tell you, they make the guy feel bad, they have mood swings hot and cold, you dont know if they are unhappy because you're around them or some other reason. We want a happy girl who treats dates like a fun experience. If you have this wrong perception of guys, it will carry in your personality around them.

• This may sound lame to you, but if you develop friendship initially before dating it filters out the ballbags. Initial rejection is also a factor in filtering out the ballbags. If you're interested in him, you'll naturally like him and its then up to you to let him know in a gentlewomanly way (btw these complex hints are also designed to filter out the ballbags). The ones who stick around and work out your interest are high value. I have currently succeeded in this way with a 24 yr old girl, she demonstrated that she is not easy to get (breathes)

• Wow this is a great idea