What makes you want to date a girl?

What makes you want to date a girl?
As opposed to just wanting to fuck her? What qualities does she possess that make her stand out from other women? Physical attraction is obvious, but what would make you genuinely want to get to know a girl?

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• First, there has to be mutual attraction - not only do I have to find her attractive, but she has to find me attractive too (and I am far from great looking). She has to want ME - not just my house or my wallet or my future prospects.

She needs to be reasonable and realistic about life - I've met a lot of women over the years who have little or nothing themselves, often are deep in debt, and they think that dating should mean traveling and fancy vacations, or her quitting her job to hang out with her friends and shop while a maid, nanny, and gardener take care of everything else at home.

Then, we have to be "long-term relationship compatible" - similar morals, values, life goals, etc.

That's hard to find in another person, but amazing when you do.

12|11
    0|0
    • I can't believe Glenn Quagmire, of all peoplez is getting more upvotes than me🙄
      Jk😂
      That's a really well written perspective :)

• this is an unrealistic expectation ;D im sorry but girls although high achievers in school leavers exams, go downhill soon after. Between the ages of 20-30 they have mental illness (depression, personality disorders, etc) and they are happier when they are with their girlfriends. I do agree, there may be this odd girl who is different and thats the girl you marry.

• First, I absolutely can't have meaningless sex. It just doesn't appeal to me if there's no emotional bond🤷‍♂️

As for what would make me genuinely want to get to know a girl? I'd say a compatible personality and shared interests. I find women to be attractive if they share my sense of humor, are down-to-earth, kind, generous, open minded, determined, feminine, independent, adventurous, and whatever other traits I value in a person.

In other words, I'm attracted to women who are subjectively physically appealing and possess a compatible personality. Personality is the most important part of a woman's character in a meaningful relationship.

9|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Most people on here say what they want but don't go after that type of girl OR don't appreciate her when they get her. Not tryna make anyone mad, just stating what I see🤷

5|1
    0|0
  • Okay some of these opinions are so hilarious i mean the fact that a guy literally wrote the fact that he wants to date a woman because a guy can't impregnate a child on his own is the true indication how we are running out of boys who genuinely respect woman and live them for their beautiful soul. Let me tell u what boys these days want... They want a insecure woman who is dependent on them.. They like the fact that their girl is dependent on them, they dont like it when girls are independent and mature... its a fact guys... Its not that m a anti - man girl or i genuinely hate boys... I dont hate boys... But this is a fact thqt boys like insecure girls

1|0
    0|3
    • haha wow look at this one, you're a joker seriously. You clearly have the wrong perception.
      We dont want a dependant girl, we are not your bank account. We do want a girl who can stand on her own two feet and has self-respect for herself. We hate insecure girls, they constantly moan and worry and its depressing. Most insecure girls are depressed, do you know how it feels to be around a depressed person? I'll tell you, they make the guy feel bad, they have mood swings hot and cold, you dont know if they are unhappy because you're around them or some other reason. We want a happy girl who treats dates like a fun experience. If you have this wrong perception of guys, it will carry in your personality around them.

• Show All
    • This may sound lame to you, but if you develop friendship initially before dating it filters out the ballbags. Initial rejection is also a factor in filtering out the ballbags. If you're interested in him, you'll naturally like him and its then up to you to let him know in a gentlewomanly way (btw these complex hints are also designed to filter out the ballbags). The ones who stick around and work out your interest are high value. I have currently succeeded in this way with a 24 yr old girl, she demonstrated that she is not easy to get (breathes)

• Wow this is a great idea

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 106

• I did a MyTake on some of traits I look for. You can look them over with this link.
    14 Traits Men Find Attractive In Women ↗
    If I were to really sum everything up into some simple words. She is just a cool person who brings some value into my life. There is something about her that she can bring to make me a better person.
    That's really what I'm looking for.

As for the mindless sex. I just did a MyTake on that today.
    How does sex feel for the opposite sex? How can we raise the sexual bar for our partner? ↗
    If there isn't any real connection, it's nothing more than satisfying an animalistic urge. That's not appealing, I'm still left feeling unsatisfied. I need to have that connection.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gona be honest here and go on a limb right. I COULD NOT CARE for physical attraction i also have no urge for sex (kinda got me in the situation where i got a kid and im not aloud to see him)

What makes me want to daye a girl? Im lonely as FUUCCKK. <-- see that, thats all. Well to explain i have no family, i left them when i was 19 and moved across the world away so i have legit noone. Friends are great but u can't hold them close when ur down, or just tickle them or hug them and watch movies, u can't take them on cute as fuck dates just to see them smile, u can't walk around the house in their underwear judt to make them laugh and u sure as hell can't wait to finish work just to go see them and spend time with them. (I ride a motorbike so 80% of my mates are bikers... and that type of stuff just doesmt swing well ya no?)

And why would i want to get to know her? Well first off why does she like me? Whats her back story? Why the hell would she even possibly be interested in a failed guy with a fucked up history, no memory of 2017, slightly insane (i got to therapy tho so im fine...) and who struggles with sarcasum (im far to honest so yea i dont get it)

Yes i know its a long reply but thats my reason, i just hope i find a girl someday, everything else is a bonus. Good looks? Bonus, rides a bike? Omg bonus, likes video games, fuckin yea bonus, likes drinking? 100% bonus but i honestly couldnt care aslomg as i had a girl to call mine

3|0
    0|0
    • Oh and we gota be like besties... bffl like obvs type stuff

• This was so incredibly cute, I really hope she finds you soon! You seem to really want to smother her with affection, and that gal would be very lucky

• Ah probs no chance of it happening any time soon cause i can't even approach girls but ohwells someday it will happen and i look forward to that day 😂

• Can hold an intelligent conversation and isn't affraid to challenge my opinions or thoughts. Is independent, comfortable in her own skin and knows who she is and what she wants. Good sense of humor, knows when and how to be proper and formal, and knows when/how to be naughty

3|0
    0|0
  • The thing that sets a woman up to be “wifey material “ is the way she carries herself for one... also the reputations she has if she only gives her self to a few rather than many. Also if her concern is truly about your well being rather than what she stands to lose if you weren’t there to provide.

0|1
    0|0
  • There isn't one specific answer to this question because every man wants to date for different reasons. Yes, there are some reasons that all men have, like we want a woman who would simply make us stop wanting to look or want any other one. The one who would make all the shit goes away when we are having a bad day and most importantly one who is loyal.
    Try answering the question " what makes you want to date a man?" And you will find many similar answers to those you will get from your answer.

4|0
    0|0
  • A girl who is at a similar wavelength to me in terms of ambition, intelligence, understands my sense of humour and confident with herself... Basically someone I can easily speak to and be myself around :)

3|0
    1|0
  • If a girl intrigues me.. Surely i will want to know basically everything about her (creepy vibe) hahaha... but seriously, to make me be intrigued, the girl must have something unique that appeals to me (it doesn't matter her looks) but mostly her character or personality or humor.

1|0
    0|0
  • Since your talking about the difference between just wanting sex to wanting to date. For me it seems like some women think that the long legged, blonde haired, busty women is the ideal which if i just wanted a one night stand would be ok but for me cute and nice is so much better. A good person who i can get along with, joke with, talk to, and care for is the person who i want to be with.

2|0
    0|0
  • For me it's the story she has of her past and all the adventures she experienced to get to where she is, other times its her smile or laugh that makes me want to see and hear it more often

2|0
    0|0
  • List not all inclusive or in order of importance but:

Attractive, funny, complimentary personality (we get on well), intelligent, fun, kind, generous.

1|1
    0|0
  • My list is too long to describe.

I'm Tired of Society and Women's Preconceived Notions of What Masculinity is ↗

My mytake sums it all up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Simple

0|0
    0|0
    • But it is mostly to fuck them cuz they do not realisr what matters and not

• first impression ( looks yes i really mean it ) she has to be attractive for me
    second it comes to personality compatibility ( same life values , attitude for life) and other stuff when everything is ok im good to go
    but there are some hard NO NO's when i met a woman
    but its another story :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls that are family orientated but also have a great sense of humour. Kindness. Doing little things like saying please and thank you can go along way and is extremely attractive. As well as just helping other's out of kindness and being a loving person.

1|1
    0|0
  • Someone who's trustworthy, loyal, friendly, sense of humor, likes to smile... I guess a lot of similar qualities that girls would like from guys.

2|0
    0|0
  • For me it's elegance, intellect, and charm. I'm an aesthete, so I essentially demand that my partners have taste and refinement, even if it's not taste I would necessarily agree with, she needs to have purpose in doing things the way she does. Intellect, because who doesn't love a good conversation? Charm, because I like having fun. If you have those 3 qualities, I'll consider you potential dating material.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well i just want someone close to me who i can always depend on been there for me and also her been like me and that's what every other guy looks for someone who is most like them so you can both understand and like/love each other. Tbh i never understand realtionships when there both diffrent from each other i think that would just be a mess been with someone nothing like yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously personality you click and when you click it can go a friendship way or a romantic attractio way sometimes a mixture of both. Genuinely can't explain go on instinct through the click and the building of a connection.

0|0
    0|0
  • That she actually cares. The women I’ve dated never seemed to care about my dreams or ambitions. They usually treat me as I’m just another possible gateway for them to have a luxurious life like they see on Instagram. Definitely was a degrading experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would want to date a woman because a guy cannot get pregnant on his own and a man and a woman are needed to have a family, and I'm a man that would be open to having a family. Of course, it shouldn't be forgotten that there must be a mutual attraction. I'd rather not be with her if I'm not attracted to her, and I'd rather not be with her if she's not attracted to me. Women tend to have a kinder personality, and I like that a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • She had a nice kind personality. Wants to be with me spend time with me instead of just fucking me and then run. She don't smoke cigarettes. She don't want money from me is a must I have been scammed for just money.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she's filthy, stinking rich, supermodel beautiful, a nymphomaniac and dumb enough to sign all of her assets over to me once I've decided she's not the best girl ever anymore. Y'know, pretty much what makes women choose men.

1|0
    1|1
  • When I like her as a person in a sense that I feel she is a caring person.
    I love girls that show affection and are not just trying to get attention from guys. I hate those bitches

3|0
    2|0
  • Beyond the initial physical attraction, it's how fun she is to be around, and how interesting she is. The ability to distract from the day to day monotony of life and it's troubles is a plus.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well... in my case is kinda weird. I just follow my gut. I know im into a girl for a real relationship when i feel curious about his way of acting and thinking.

If she got his own opinions and can express them without worry about hurt the feeling of others. Thats a big plus on my list.

0|0
    0|0
  • actually I wanted to date a girl before even realizing what she looked like. I have a weird problem in that I can't actually look at someone that way so I could stare at them all damn day and not even realize if they were attractive or not. For me when I get to know there personality I either want to date them or I want to drop them off a building. after that I can see them physically and I will actually feel an emotion based on there looks. I also have no interest in making love to the woman I am romantically interested in I am happy just being with her. If that comes in the future then so be it. I am just letting things go as they are what happens, happens. I know myself well enough to know that I will stop before making love even if my body wants it so long as it feels wrong. when it feels right then I will

2|1
    0|0
    • This is just incredible!

• Show All
    • @virginbish She is the girl that is wife material :). It was really interesting when I look back on the past events leading up to now. I had pretty much realized I was going to be single forever and I stopped looking. I came back home from a different state and got a job and boom she appeared. spent a while talking to her and getting to know her asked her out and she didn't say yes or no she said "this is crazy I am so much older than you" (11 is not that much) So we became friends sort of. I had realized that I might have a chance so I kept that in my mind. She kept saying how she wasn't right for me and this and that and then apparently her heart decided to take over because we started getting closer. nothing fancy just physical contact. Then she had a war with herself and I guess her heart won because she started hugging me and then yesterday she started kissing me.

• Aweeeeee 💕💕💕 and no, 11 years in some cultures is still considered okay (not conventional) but can definitely work. And whos to judge anyway? If you two are happy, that's all that matters ;)

• She exhibits enough class and femininity to invoke my buried and suppressed gentleman qualities.

2|1
    0|0
  • Her personality is the most important thing, her real self not the image of her, it might be a beauty queen in the physical aspect but hollow in the most important side

0|0
    0|0
  • I may be different on this one, but I don't like to consider physical attraction first. I'd much rather learn how you think first, act second, and look third. However, I'm not in it to hit it, so... yeah...

1|0
    0|0
  • As far as non physical traits: in no particular order

1. She loves men and appreciates them
    2. Genuine individual
    3. Caring
    4. Kind
    5. Playful
    6. A loyal friend
    7. Adventurous
    8. Can take criticism without getting overly defensive. Like if I do my absolute best to provide constructive criticism, while keeping her feelings in mind she is capable of taking that.
    9. Is accepting of the things I like to do. It's fine if she lightly teases me, but it needs to be in good heart.
    10. Has real friendships that are longstanding. Having a real life long best friend is a huge bonus, because that's rare to see for girls. Granted this isn't a requirement, just a huge bonus that I personally respect.

But the core list for me is:

1. Kind
    2. Caring
    3. Genuine
    4. Playful/Adventurous
    5. Kinky - when I say that I mean more enthusiastic and open to experimentation. Not like she needs to be into bondage or anything lol.

2|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• Guys want to date a wholesome girl, they just want to screw a Ho.

2|1
    0|0
  • Isn't it annoying when GaG decides to change the picture without even asking you. They do it all the time.

1|1
    0|0
  • If the question is "starting dating" is just that they are physically attracted to one and she didn't show yet a significant having a personality they don't like.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most men don’t want to date a woman who had been with more than 10 men. They’ll sleep with them, but not date.

2|0
    0|0
    • Actually, I never cared how many guys have fucked her, as long as she can be loyal

• @hiker10 I second that. This “slug shaming” is more female paranoia and problem among women than men nowadays.

If she slept with 50 guys, managed not to catch any serious STDs or get knocked up but she is 100% loyal to me... so be it.

• “Slut shaming”. Yeah those poor slugs...

• If you obsess over these thoughts you'll be miserable for the rest of your life.

0|0
    0|2
  • There has to be some sort of chemistry or mutual interests or something

0|0
    0|0
  • has a peniss

0|0
    0|1
  • I can say what makes me not want to date girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • bcoz he is a opposite gender thats more enough

0|0
    0|1
  • A thicc cute girl with a meh personality is all guys want lol

0|0
    1|2
  • lots of things

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes