What's your take on "MGTOW"? Men going their own way?

Definition:Going Their Own Way is a mostly pseudonymous online community of men supported by websites and social media presences cautioning men against serious romantic relationships with women, especially marriage. The community is part of what is more broadly termed the manosphere.

What I think:

MGTOW "movement " as they call it is stupid. Men have exhibited this behavior for decades without the "MGTOW" title. The tables have now turned where women dont need you, can care for themselves, and make more money than men, dont settle.

What's your take on
  • Its dumb and no one cares
  • I'm all for it
And no I'm not "men bashing". I'm just giving my opinion in men apart of this particular group.
I'm very disappointed at the fact that people dont know the difference between MGTOW and feminism. its not comparable. How can you be a man or woman and not know wtf is going on. that's scary.

1062

Most Helpful Guys

• I've looked into both sides over the years.
    Feminism has it's valid points.
    MGTOW and Red Pill groups have their valid points as well.
    There are also extremists in both groups (Feminists and MGTOW ) that are pushing some bullshit as well.
    They take it little too far and forget that both sexes areccapable of some pretty nasty shit.
    I just take whatever truth I can find from it.
    After being in a toxic marriage and being completely taken advantage of I can relate to some of their stories.
    Not all of it, but there's definitely truth to some of it.

• Okay first off it is not a movement as there are no leaders. It is a philosophy, one of many ways to live ones life.

These men have chosen to simply not ever get married. They have chosen to remain Bachelors. That's it, that is the one golden rule of Mgtow. Anything more than that, it is up to each individual male to decide what he wants to do with his life.

Now since my wife died 4 years ago and I outright refuse to get married again. I can be considered Mgtow. You are calling me stupid for this choice.

I refuse to date women, I refuse to sleep with women, I refuse to help women. I refuse to protect women, I refuse to provide for women, I refuse to speak to women. All of these things are my choice to make and calling me stupid only validates my reasoning why I made these choices. It is my life and I will do with it as I please, not as how you want me to.

Mgtow men do not care what you call them, they do not care what you think of them. Your opinion is worthless to them. They have left the plantation and do not care that you are having a little hissy fit, stomping your feet and making a scene for attention.

So go ahead and call me a coward for not wanting to get married again. Go ahead and call me stupid for choosing to remain single. Go ahead and use shaming language against me. Go ahead and project all the vile crap your sadistic brain can conjure because I made a choice to remain a bachelor and not marry again after my wife died. Your worst can never ever come close to the pain and heart break I have lived.

• Well then have sex with each other.πŸ˜‚ I don't care I'm just saying.

• Men have options, such as sex robotic companions, Calls girls, One night stands (should guy choose to), or toss one off. I' just saying. But to automatically say "just have sex with each other" shows how flippant and closed minded you are about men and the issues facing men. I'm just saying.

• First off - I am VERY sorry to hear of your loss. It must be extremely difficult. Second - the fact that you are making the choice not to be a white knight is completely your call and nobody should shame you for it. Be yourself and be proud. Take care of YOU first.
      A quick aside if you please:
      I get so sick and tired of the shaming women do for calling guys 'gay' who choose to either be celibate or take care of their needs in non-homosexual ways. It simply reveals the level of intelligence we are dealing with. That makes about as much sense as men saying that women in the same situation are all lesbians.

Most Helpful Girls

• let them get on with it it doesn't effect me or what i have planned for my life. when guys go MGTOW i immediately think, what do they think we are missing out on exactly. they are not any more special or better than anyone else, everyone has their own believes or inflated sense of self to the point they can only see from their level of perception. Only if you are lacking in yourself you will need a man to fill that void. It sucks to be alone but it's not worth the hassle half the time.
    let people get on with their own peculiar shit, walk away from those that don't serve you and enjoy little things in life despite the crazy shit going on. <3

• i saw your comments on other replies and you don't think feminism is anything like MGTOW? you need a reality check. it USED to be about womens rights and equality, now it's more about fuck men and any of their rights... the world is beyond repair, get over it. there we go that clears that up ^_^

• there are just certain things in life not worrying about because shit will never change. you can however change who you let into your space, let into your head, let into your heart etc etc the list goes on.
      in my opinion feminism and mgtow are as bad as each other these days and things i don't want to associate with. i'm me, i got problems, i feel pain and been hurt and yet i don't need to stand behind a cult to know that. truth is we're all a little fucked up. alright that's all from me lol take care

• They are the same as feminists. Both sides have bitterness towards the opposite sex and seem to believe that they're so oppressed by the other. Neither side are honest about the bad sides of their own sex, only the opposite sex, and therefore are almost never balanced. That's why people compare them.

Take the idea of male privilege for example. Feminists often say that men are privileged and they can't see their privilege. Often with MGTOWs this is true because they think that life is so easy for women and that we have no problems when we obviously do, they think that they have no advantages over us which they do. This is because they're so focused on their own problems. Feminists are the same. We have our own privileges and advantages that men don't have, and men have many problems that we don't have, but feminists don't see that either for the same reason.

If people were more able to see the other side's points and stop focusing so much on their own, trying to play victim olympics with the opposite side, there wouldn't be so much animosity between the two groups. Why can't we all just agree that we're all eating a giant shit sandwich?