Is drinking a turn off?

53138

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is

What Guys Said 137

• If it's too much. I don't drink myself, but it's OK if she does as long as it's moderate.

• Only when it is excessive or cannot be controlled.

• If she just has ONE drink from time to time and maybe in social situations she has one drink to relax or likes a glass of wine with dinner that is fine with me. If she drinks a lot and often gets drunk and gets to where guys can start taking advantage of her and she starts acting like a different person and drinking a lot is her goal when she goes out than she wouldn't be my type. I'd stay away from that type.

• I had 2 uncles die from alcohol related incidents. I am 43 and have never been drunk in my life. I stay away from those who get drunk and certainly those who use alcohol as an escape mechanism or a method to 'unwind'.

It's a personal preference.

• It is too me, I want a healthy girl not a girl who drink because she lacks confidence. Yeah it is a turn off and I won’t take you serious, I might act like it but deep down I’m already turned off.
    Also I don’t drink that’s why I look younger than those 20 years old dudes. I’m fucking sexy

• If its too much its a turn off. Few years ago i was kind of seeing a co-worker and she showed up at a party of mine super hammered and was acting pretty sloppy going as far as to say 'you're gonna fuck me tonight.' That didn't happen cause while we were making out she ran to the bath room and started throwing up and i had to hold her hair back and clean that god damn mess and put her drunk ass to bed

• Apparently this is an unpopular opinion on this website but it's more of a turn off for me if she never drinks.

I drink on special occasions and party with my friends sometimes so I feel like she'd feel a little bit left out or out of place if she was completely sober.

• If I have a drink, it's only because I like the flavor of the drink, not to get drink. by the way - if anyone there likes sangria but not the alcohol, try "Senorial Sangria", a Mexican carbonated grape juice/citrus drink.

• Only if they have a problem. I'd rather not see someone drink to their early death. Drinking socially isn't a problem, but drinking heavily IS a problem. Why be with someone that no longer seems to want to live? I'm willing to help her get help, but SHE needs to be willing and wanting to help herself as well.

• Well, for me yes I don't want a drinking woman or kids
    Abd, Do you have Dislikes? YEAH ↗

• Drinking in of it's self certainly is not a turn off, I would say that it is a matter of degrees. What would be the limit of alcoholic consumption by your partner be before you are turned off or leave them?

• Depends on the occasion. If she drinks like every week or goes to the pub or bar every week then yh. And especially close to or during pregnancy. If it’s just a glass of when during a date then turn on.

• not, if in moderate measures.
    i first drank alcohol. when i was 28, im a social drinker (basically i drink wine or vodka) i think tuats fine. but if she must drink all the time like an addiction thats a deal breaker.

• It's kind of a requirement in my case to date a girl. Otherwise I don't think we'd get along very well. That said, most Japanese girls drink over here. They usually drink soft drinks like beer or wine but also harder ones sometimes like whiskey or shochu.

I can't really imagine dating a girl who doesn't drink at all.

Is drinking a turn off?Is drinking a turn off?

• Maybe a girl from a more loud and forward culture like America might be okay if she doesn't drink. But Japanese girl who doesn't drink tends to be so reserved due to the social etiquette here. I don't want that kind of quiet and reserved housewife who never speaks her mind. I like the one who is loud and expressive and can laugh and have fun with the rest of us drinkers. So my wife is quite a drinker and I can't imagine marrying a Japanese woman who never drinks. :-D

• So it is quite opposite for me. I prefer drinker... and not just girly drinker who has a cocktail or two and calls it quits without even getting tipsy. I mean a proper drunkard -- a happy and fun drunkard, of course, not someone who gets all dramatic when they get drunk.

• Alcohol is classified as a poison. Drinking poison is a stupid thing to do. Stupid people are not attractive to me.

• It isn't a deal breaker, but if I were to choose between a woman who did drink (even in moderation), and one who didn't, I'd likely choose the latter.

• over drinking can be. alcoholism is. casual, social, moderate, responsible drinking is not a turn off

• Drinking isn't, in and of itself. Getting drunk is. Getting drunk all the time (even "just" buzzed) is. Getting drunk and driving home (and thinking it's ok) is a problem. Getting violent while being drunk is a problem. Having a beer a few times a week, knowing your limits is not an issue for me.

I drink maybe four times a year. I usually hate the taste of alcohol personally, and if it's disguised, the drink usually has to be REALLY strong with something else in order to mask it. So I'm a lightweight, which is fine. But if a woman is obsessed with me not drinking, and can't handle it with respect, then it's a turn-off, and if she has such a huge issue with it, the relationship probably won't last long.

I'm not my girlfriend's dad. I'm not going to get up her case about it unless it's becoming an obsession (like the stuff I mentioned before), or she's so busy going out drinking that she's neglecting "us" or she's always late coming home or something like that.

• Not at all. In fact it will usually aid in the removal of your inhibitions, your clothes and your self respect.

Please drink responsibly.

Damn, that was a great radio commercial!

• YES. Even moderate drinkers I stay away from. Not my lifestyle, never will be. I've seen what alcohol does to people and I do not want that anywhere near me.

• Not really, unless she constantly does it and it's too a point to where she is making bad decisions and i have to hold her head over a toilet bowl because she has no self control

Then it's a turn off

• NO but don't go to the club with your gfs and get drunk. Drink until you tipsy have a good time, but if you use I cheated on you cause I was drunk, its not gonna work.

• Only if you get white girl wasted. For the most part I don't mind. Just don't bloat the bill with fancy cocktail orders or get so drunk you can't see straight.

• Yes. You get drunk more than once a month, I'm not interested.

I would like to say "you ever get drunk, I'm not interested" but then I'd be single forever.

• Depends on how much and how often
    I rarely drink myself but I don't as such care of other people do

• I don’t think it is... unless they get drunk every night then it could be a turn off and a problem!

• Not unless it's excessive and affecting her normal behavior.

• No, it isn't. Excessive drinking is something in which I have no room to talk... I did so much of it over the years.

• its not but im sure that there are plenty of people who find this a turn off.

• Show more from Guys
    107

What Girls Said 53

• I prefer somebody who spends their money on more beneficial things like salads or gym memberships or trips to parks and gardens but if a guy doesn't go broke buying alcohol and doesn't drink all the time - its not a big deal.

• It’s only a turn off when it happens way too often and depending on the alcohol. I can’t stand someone who almost exclusively drinks beer — they tend to be the people who get fat as they age & have an excruciatingly boring taste in parties/clubs and actually most leisure activities for that matter..
    I stay away from people who drink more than 3x a week too.

• No. I'm neutral to it. I don't drink, but I don't mind if guys do. So long as he's not a violent drunk or anything problematic like that. Also, I would prefer if he didn't get completely wasted every weekend, just because I'm not his babysitter.

• No, you need to drink in order to survive. Joke aside, there's a boundary. There's nothing wrong with having a drink from time to time, however, nobody wants a drunk. Nobody wants or should want to have an alcohol problem. So if someone does, then yes that can be a turn to many people cause they don't want to have to tackle that problem. They want somebody who is sober and can handle their alcohol limits.

• No. I drink like 2x a week now... because I've been working more than I used to. I'd say my guy is a heavy drinker... but he managed to not drink this past weekend! I'm like the non-partier girl who drinks. It's odd.

• I had to stop drinking alcohol many years ago. I don't mind if my friends or people I date drink modestly. It gets boring to be around drinks.

• Depends. As long as he does so in moderation, it's fine.

But I don't drink at all so I don't tend to date guys that drink.

• In moderation? No definitely not. I enjoy alchoholic drinks on occassion. However getting drunk and drinking a lot is a turn off.

• If they excessively drink then yeah but occasionally, I don't mind. However, if my potential boyfriend were to drink even occasionally I will still worry either way in terms of his health.

• Hahaha no wtf. Unless you drink all the time or can't handle yourself when you're drunk, i want to date someone who can enjoy a drink every now and then

• When you go out it's fine, but if you do it on a daily basis it's a big turn off. I want somone who i can have a conversation woth, not someone who is constantly drunk.

• It is for me. I don't drink alchol , so I'd prefer to date a guy who didn't either

• It's not a turn off to me as long I'm enjoy my booze with good company. Being an obnoxious drunk is the turn off.

• It’s what you make of it in different situations 👍🏻 you’re allowed to change your mind.

• Over drinking to a point where it’s a problem is... well... a problem. Occasional social drinking isn’t bad.

• Addiction is. Getting drunk till you can't function, nobody wants to deal with that.

• not really as long as its not excessive
    im more mind smoking

• It’s not, unless he’s an alcoholic. I drink socially and I’d actually prefer it if he did too.

• Not for me my ex crush drinks every once in a while and has been drinking since he was 18. Me and my boyfriend both don’t drink

• Not if they're mature about it and don't overdo it, it's all about self control

• Being an alcoholic- hell yes it's disgusting
    Drinking here and there- I don't mind

• Only if you're an alcoholic. The occasional glass of absinthe is fine, though.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• No, I grew up with drinkers, it normal to me, if he never drinks then that’s a turn off.

• Not really unless they're drinking like an alcoholic which would scare me quite a bit

• As long as it's in moderation, like once a week for socially is fine, but excessively is a super turn off

• For me, yes considering it is against my faith and beliefs.

• It depends on the guy. But I don't drink nor like it

• I will drink every once in a while but if someone is an alcoholic it’s a turn off

• Excessive drinking yes.

• No, usually I get turned on when I drink.

• Show more from Girls
    23