Is drinking a turn off?

52136

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is

What Guys Said 135

• If it's too much. I don't drink myself, but it's OK if she does as long as it's moderate.

• Only when it is excessive or cannot be controlled.

• If she just has ONE drink from time to time and maybe in social situations she has one drink to relax or likes a glass of wine with dinner that is fine with me. If she drinks a lot and often gets drunk and gets to where guys can start taking advantage of her and she starts acting like a different person and drinking a lot is her goal when she goes out than she wouldn't be my type. I'd stay away from that type.

• It is too me, I want a healthy girl not a girl who drink because she lacks confidence. Yeah it is a turn off and I won’t take you serious, I might act like it but deep down I’m already turned off.
    Also I don’t drink that’s why I look younger than those 20 years old dudes. I’m fucking sexy

• I had 2 uncles die from alcohol related incidents. I am 43 and have never been drunk in my life. I stay away from those who get drunk and certainly those who use alcohol as an escape mechanism or a method to 'unwind'.

It's a personal preference.

• If its too much its a turn off. Few years ago i was kind of seeing a co-worker and she showed up at a party of mine super hammered and was acting pretty sloppy going as far as to say 'you're gonna fuck me tonight.' That didn't happen cause while we were making out she ran to the bath room and started throwing up and i had to hold her hair back and clean that god damn mess and put her drunk ass to bed

• Apparently this is an unpopular opinion on this website but it's more of a turn off for me if she never drinks.

I drink on special occasions and party with my friends sometimes so I feel like she'd feel a little bit left out or out of place if she was completely sober.

• If I have a drink, it's only because I like the flavor of the drink, not to get drink. by the way - if anyone there likes sangria but not the alcohol, try "Senorial Sangria", a Mexican carbonated grape juice/citrus drink.

• Only if they have a problem. I'd rather not see someone drink to their early death. Drinking socially isn't a problem, but drinking heavily IS a problem. Why be with someone that no longer seems to want to live? I'm willing to help her get help, but SHE needs to be willing and wanting to help herself as well.

• Well, for me yes I don't want a drinking woman or kids
    Abd, Do you have Dislikes? YEAH ↗

• Show more from Guys
    125

What Girls Said 52

• I prefer somebody who spends their money on more beneficial things like salads or gym memberships or trips to parks and gardens but if a guy doesn't go broke buying alcohol and doesn't drink all the time - its not a big deal.

• It’s only a turn off when it happens way too often and depending on the alcohol. I can’t stand someone who almost exclusively drinks beer — they tend to be the people who get fat as they age & have an excruciatingly boring taste in parties/clubs and actually most leisure activities for that matter..
    I stay away from people who drink more than 3x a week too.

• No. I'm neutral to it. I don't drink, but I don't mind if guys do. So long as he's not a violent drunk or anything problematic like that. Also, I would prefer if he didn't get completely wasted every weekend, just because I'm not his babysitter.

• No, you need to drink in order to survive. Joke aside, there's a boundary. There's nothing wrong with having a drink from time to time, however, nobody wants a drunk. Nobody wants or should want to have an alcohol problem. So if someone does, then yes that can be a turn to many people cause they don't want to have to tackle that problem. They want somebody who is sober and can handle their alcohol limits.

• No. I drink like 2x a week now... because I've been working more than I used to. I'd say my guy is a heavy drinker... but he managed to not drink this past weekend! I'm like the non-partier girl who drinks. It's odd.

• I had to stop drinking alcohol many years ago. I don't mind if my friends or people I date drink modestly. It gets boring to be around drinks.

• Depends. As long as he does so in moderation, it's fine.

But I don't drink at all so I don't tend to date guys that drink.

• When you go out it's fine, but if you do it on a daily basis it's a big turn off. I want somone who i can have a conversation woth, not someone who is constantly drunk.

• In moderation? No definitely not. I enjoy alchoholic drinks on occassion. However getting drunk and drinking a lot is a turn off.

• If they excessively drink then yeah but occasionally, I don't mind. However, if my potential boyfriend were to drink even occasionally I will still worry either way in terms of his health.

• Show more from Girls
    42