Why do I eventually lose interest in all the guys I date?

And no, I haven’t been in a relationship since I broke up with my first boyfriend months ago.

It’s been flings. But I find I don’t like the guys later as much as I thought I did in the beginning. I may also start pulling away. One thing I have is trust issues and I’m scared to open up fully to a guy and become attached.

I’ve managed to “succeed” in certain instances by not putting my all into some guy such that I don’t make myself fully available to a certain guy. For instance, two dudes I dated were single dads (note that they didn’t tell me they had a kid but only after we met.. but I was still willing to kinda give them a chance and still see them). Later they would bade farewell and say they were going back to their exes to so-called mend their relationship—and say they’d have to stop talking to me. Times like that I’m really glad I hadn’t committed my attention fully to them and was talking to other guys. Because it doesn’t affect me as much emotionally. It’s like I build this wall to not get hurt. But it also makes me feel lonely because I do want to find The One.

541

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it's because of what you are doing to meet or date. No relationship is going to be exciting all the way through, there would be times where you literally sit in the same room, doing your own things, and bad times. And it requires work. So your expectations play a big part too. Honestly i would say talk to someone you know or even strangers to get an opinion on why you've built a wall or just trying to get you to open up.

• I can understand where you are coming from I'm the same with women. I am hesitant to open up fully but when I have I've only had my heart broken. What I'd suggest is get to know somone as a friend then try to open up more. Hell in saying that my heart has been broken by friends before who said they would stick with me but haven't. I don't know what to suggest in actuality what do you want an adult relationship or a more teen relationship is where to start?

• I'd definitely want an adult relationship. Thank you for relating with me.

• No problem haha. Same but I feel like adult relationships are hard to come by these days. Its all about social image and social media over what matters you know?

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you trust your first boyfriend or you had trust issues during that relationship as well? Or could be that he left scars that now reflect on your actions?

Take some time to fully look inside and trying to understand what exactly is the reason you lose interest.

I'm somewhat like you. I love to flirt with people and often have small and big crushes, but when they like me back, I pull away and suddenly lose all interest. Deep down, I'm sabotaging myself due to lack of self esteem and fear of intimacy. It took me a while to truthfully acknowledge that to myself.

If you somehow get to this same conclusion or you think your trust issues are a huge problem you don't know how to solve, seek a therapist, I'm sure it will help you!