Have you ever stayed with someone who cheated on you?

What happened? How did you move past it? If you couldn't move past it how long did it take you to realize it?

2447

2447
  • You can't stay EVER. You will never ever forgive that person for such a betrayal so why suffer for the rest of your life?

If people do stay then their standards are way OUT OF WHACK.

• 2 d ago

wouldn't say "for the rest of your life"... easy to get past it really

• 2 d ago

@Tdieseler Well you answered the question correctly. I pretty much just went to the extreme on one end. I answered it based it on a married couple who has been together for a very long time, has kids, etc etc... that is what popped into my mind when I read the question.

• 2 d ago

ah... the age/experience factor lol...
      What you said was on point too.. and now that you add the variables... it would be a little harder but there is ALWAYS a workaround. just gotta use it. funny thing about when people "stray" on you... you can forgive... but i dont think you ever forget.

• I don’t think I would do that, once the trust is broken, is really hard to fix it.

• Gotta define Cheating first (ugh... fucking people, sex is not the only way to cheat, cheating starts way before someone fucks another)

NO i dont stay with someone who cheats/cheated on me... but i HAVE stayed with a couple people who Fucked someone else while being with me. It only happens once (cuz i learn)... Different situations... and for both, i had different restitutions... but they did fuck someone else so i just took an "anything goes" pass.
    For the the most part... if someone who claims to be your partner, did something with someone else that wasn't you... without your knowledge... Check Yourself First. because its highly likely YOU did something that drove them to another person.
    Women dont seem to get that... always believe they dont do nothing wrong... and men... are sometimes too dumb to see it.

I dont sympathize with any side... when i got "cheated" on... i realized (and admitted) that i was the one who fucked up. She liked a lot of attention, she wasn't getting it, she got it elsewhere... same shit i would have done. so why blame her?

So look at your own self first because if my theory is right, i believe YOU cheated First.

• 2 d ago

Well he told me straight up, "ima go get some pussy and head from other girls while u wait til marriage for us"

• 2 d ago

Sir yes sir 😌

• 2 d ago

@DizzyDesii Just saying boo... i see a lotta angles in this stupid war. shit used to be so simple. let me link you to something else.
      lets see what you got.

Why wait to have sex after marriage? ↗

• I've stayed through good and bad, but cheating is my limit. I've never been cheated on, since I'd say that I know how to choose my partner, but if that ever happened, I'd leave right away.
    If I'm betrayed once, I never trust that person again.

• No I haven’t. Sounds harsh, but I only give one chance. Leave, and it’s over.

I don’t play the emotional credit car game of “just this once.” The leave and come back, leave and come back thing. I’ve seen what that can do to people. She leaves, it’s over.

Is it hard? Hell yea it is. But, in the long run, it’s always worked out for the best, for both of us.

• Nope... Once they did they lost all credibility with me... That was as soon as i found out, which had they been honest about it though instead of lying, i would have been willing to work through and as long as they never repeated what they did and if they were genuine about a future

• Well I was with the girl 16 years she cheated on me from day one.
    Hind sight kills. She was a huge slut.
    didn't know it untell she openly cheated on me. I tried to make things work but she never loved me. She took my virginity and she raped me.
    I was stupid thinking she cared.

• If your married and have kids its kind of hard to leave and get away if your male. It took me 3 years to realise , in that time I lost my job my house because I couldnt concentrate and make good desiscions and then i had to leave which meant leaving my kids too. Its very difficult and unfare place to be. So yes i stayed 3 years before i woke up and left

• Happened to me twice, two relationships in a row. Unfortunately I allowed it to take me down instead of doing the smart thing and moving on. Years of my life gone feeling like a victim. What a waste.

You need to move on now. And after engine cools pop the hood and try to understand how and why you ended up with this person. Poor life choices tend to be repeated, unless you call it out and actively make a change.

• I stayed the first time, forgave to the best of my abilities, when it happened again, I had no desire to stay. It took a few months and I just felt nothing for him, it didn't matter that we were married for 13 years; I was done. So is it possible to forgive a cheater, sure, but don't be surprised if it happens again.

• Nope cause seen in front of me what happen when you take them back they’ll do it again even when caught cause they think you take them back again. My aunt did to her husband all the time he keep taking her back.

• Yuppers, and honestly it's because we're young.

I dumped her 3 months after though because I felt like I could've been doing some better things without her, and I was getting swayed by other girls left and right on twitter after they learned that she cheated on me.

One of her friends actually messaged me in a heartbeat to "talk" to me, like she knew it was going to happen.

Kinda weird ain't it? They wanna be friends after they rip your heart out.

• Well I did but I sort of spoke to her and she said she'll stop than I caught her again after a while so I just left

• 3 d ago

I have been in a relationships for 5 years and if my partner were to cheat I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forgive or forget it and things wouldn’t be the same anymore if they were forgiven anyway.

• 3 d ago

@yomei yes definitely I was with that girl for over a year and first time she was just talking to a boy like flirting and stuff so I got really pissed of and said it's me or him so she stopped talking than when I found out again they were actually meeting up so I told her to go

• 3 d ago

It was hard to let her go but I knew I couldn't hold on to her

• Was cheated on one time when I was 20. The thought of giving her another chance never crossed my mind.

• No, I would never. The lack of respect needed to perform such a miserable act should always be condemned and punished.

• Yeah, cause I didn’t know what was good for me. Cheating is a hard subject to add suggestions on. That’s best left to the couples. But after my experience, I would never stay with that person again

• Yeah i did..
    I was at work, he was supposed to pick me up, he didn't show so i called and i guess my son answered the phone without knowing. I heard a girls voice and a baby which i didn't have cuz my kids were toddlers. I got a ride, rush home n noone was there. House was spotless which was werid cuz he usually didn't clean tht good. He basically lied but i found the girls stuff in my car, i forgave him cuz we had a little family but it took a while but he cheated again.
    I definitely moved past it and him.

• 3 d ago

That’s good they just think you’ll accept it.

• 2 d ago

I don’t even want kids if I do I’ll adopt.

• 2 d ago

Adoption is good. Help give a child a better home

• Yeah. Big mistake.
    I think my case was a bit different. She cheated on me with her ex and now it seems like she was always looking for someone better

• Haven't dated any I would never do that. Cheaters should wear a badge of shame with a symbol that indentifies them.

• I stayed but we had gone through sooooooooo much we had 3 year together and went through times both good and bad that some Will never get to go throhgh amd felt things that i hope most will never feel

• Yes I did, but it’s because I didn’t know she cheated until 1 year after we broke up.

• Yes i have and we made it through to have a wonderful marraige

• Nope. Didn't stay. Took a few months. Then I met someone else, which made me forget about that other person.

• lol, hell no! its bye bye for dem. go give another girl herpes. ass eater

• Yes, worst idea ever. No matter how much the beg, pled, and promise. WALK AWAY

• I had that happen three times to me. Two relationships and a marriage all cheated on me.
    Had a wife wanted nothing but money from me and another bloke behind my back.
    A girlfriend I had got pregnant to a bloke behind my back. Then I had another girlfriend and she couldn’t get rid off her ex boyfriend who kept at it to get her away from me. She did and now she told him to get lost from his mind games to her she finally recontacted me and we restated our relationship and things going well now. But her ex is still trying to convince her but she said no to his mind games. I’m so proud of her.

• No. That is a one and done. I can forgive her, but I will never trust her again.

• No my ex cheated on me and she became nothing to me , but i know people that have stayed together after 1 cheated and it's very rare that that it lasts cuz the cheater eventually cheats again or the non cheater ends up cheating so it's a. waste of. time the. trust is broken so why try to fix something that was already destroyed it Will never be the same. If someone loves you they won't. cheat on you , so by them cheating. already shows they dont love you. Find someone that Will love ypu and. be. faithful to. you. Life is too short. to waste your time on someone that is selfish

• If you tell the truth about it then you won't ruin your ex?
    As it's the lies that kill them not the cheating itself

• Nope that trust was broken it's hard to fix and I'd dump his ass

• I was dumb enough for that for 2 years with my first girlfriend...

• No experience, but I imagine I would forgive at least once if we were extremely close.

• I have never been cheated on, so this situation does not apply to me.

• I did... it was painful expiriance. I am glad its over

• Nope because everyone cheats. I would try and get back at her

• im trying to get my cheating ex back she couldnt handle the distance

• I was 15, stupid and supposedly in love

• 2 d ago

He cheated with friends, enemies, etc. He boldly told me and i just stayed hoping he'd stop. He pressured me into sex to keep him faithful and that didn't work cause when he started back cheating, he said that he needs to try a variety to experiment more. We broke up after a year but not due to his cheating. He went to military school. He got there and recruited a bunch of "better men" to date me after how he wronged me. He was a pos. I had like 7 guys writing me letters thanks to him. I wasn't into any of them lmao

• Fuck + No × fuck ÷ that - noise = winning.

• Absolutely not. 🖤

• Nope

• Never.

• Yes, big mistake

• Nope never ever

• No way, no hell.

• I would never stay

• No!!!

• Yeah. Until I got bored.

• Fuck no I’m not stupid like Hillary

• Yes I have.

• Nope

Show More
21