Welcome To Charm School

Wowgirl30q

Welcome to Charm School

Welcome To Charm School

Don't Be Shy

Many guys and girls from GAG say they are shy around the opposite sex. The vast majority of shy people I've met wish they could be more outgoing and confident about themselves. I don't know how to do a lot of things. I have problems of course and things I don't like about myself, but of the 99 problems I have, being shy isn't one.

Welcome To Charm School

Here are a few tips about getting rid of that hold you back shyness. Hopefully, this helps some people to come out of their shell's. I was shy, when I was a teen. Thankfully, I was able to overcome it later in my life. I found out the most important thing in being less shy is to have more confidence in yourself. So, let's get started with how you can be more confident and less shy.

Welcome To Charm School

Find Something You Are Good At.

It could be anything from baking, to drawing, to a sport, even at a career. Thriving or doing anything that you are ranked near the top at creates pride in someone. Pride which is closely tied to confidence, which will help you overcome shyness. You will probably even be complimented some because of your excellent talent along the way, and compliments never hurt anyones self-esteem.

Welcome To Charm School

Overcoming Insecurities About Our Looks.

The majority of women and girls do not like the way they look. Some things in physical appearance we sadly just can't change, but somethings we can change. Do whatever you can to improve your physical appearance. This relates to shyness because it makes you again makes you feel pride and gives you confidence in some way about your looks.

"if you look good you feel good"

Welcome To Charm School

What Can I Do To Improve?

Get a haircut or color, wear something you feel pretty in, curl your hair, do your make-up, do your nails, get a tan, bleach your teeth, put nice jewlery on, and fix the things that you don't like about your appearance. If you like the way you look you are naturally going to be much less shy. So put a little more effort into your appearance. It may sound shallow, but it's true you will feel better. Nobody is going to look perfect so dont worry just try your best.

Welcome To Charm School

Overcoming Insecurities About Our Bodies.

Sadly the media portrays females today to look a way which is not realistic. You don't need a perfect body to have a good body image. When you like your body as it is, right now, you boost your body image. And your self-esteem too. First, accept your body. Find things to like about it. Take good care of your body. When you like your body, it's easier to treat it right.

Welcome To Charm School

How Can I improve It?

Eat healthy foods. Learn what foods are good for you, and how much is the right amount. Eating right helps you look your best. It gives you the energy you need and gets rid of extra weight. It boosts your body image too. Also, get good some good sleep. Learn how much sleep you need for your age. Get to bed on time. This can help your metabolism rate which helps you in losing weight.

Welcome To Charm School

Be active every day. I know trust me it sucks, but is worth it in the end. Your body needs to move to be strong, fit, and healthy. You can be active by playing a sport. You can run, jog, work out, do yoga, swim, or dance. Pick activities you like. Enjoy the fun you can have with it. This could also become something you are very good at to improve confidence and get rid of shyness as I mentioned above.

Welcome To Charm School

Thanks

I wanted to thank @OlderAndWiser for the idea of Shy Guy 101 and for asking me to do a female version of it. Also, I wanted to thank the other girls donating their time writing Charm School Takes. I can't wait to read them ladies. Thanks everyone for reading.

Welcome To Charm School

#wowgirlRocks

Welcome To Charm School
25
16

Most Helpful Girls

• SydneySentinel
    I was very reserved for a long time, not out of shyness but because my family moved around so much.
    I'm still pretty reserved but I know that my mood is often tied to how "outgoing" or confident I feel. The minute I get done with a workout, I feel like a badass that can take on the world. When I fix my hair and wear a pair of heels, I feel like I'm commanding the world's attention (aesthetically so). So I hinge on my sense of humor. When I don't know someone, I used self deprecating type of humor to make other people laugh. Once they laugh, I can gauge what kind of sense of humor they have. Making people laugh always gives the appearance of confidence.
    Great points about improving your physical appearance.
    I would add a piece about being clever, or showing your intellectual side. That's when I feel the most charming.
    Is this still revelant?
    • You should write on seriously

• A class on charm school? I'm not sure what basis would be left to cover!

• AmandaYVR

Great job, Wowgirl.
      Great feedback, Sydney.
      Yes, what is there left to say? I feel intimidated to write one. But I'm thinking about your invite, Wow.

• GraveDoll
    through enjoy this read. It so needed these days. so so so needed
    You hit all great points!

I truly believe the no fucks mode.

Something i learn very early.

You will not be everybody cup of tea and guess what that really is OK. As long as you being you and self improve for self, the rest will always fall in place.

I never been shy and i do my best to remind people around me I'm human just like them. Cling to that thought and seriously lots of insecurities and shyness will dial down a lot.
    Is this still revelant?
    • You should write one dude.. I wish more girls would because just there you had stuff I hadn't thought of that are true.

Most Helpful Guys

• Grond21
    I agree with this, to a large extent. Being shyness is not inherently bad, but it is if you lack confidence. There are people who are very confident and yet still shy, but I assume you're not talking about them.

And confidence is a skill. You have to practice it. being good at something and learning to love yourself are very important in that. And yet I would say that even deeper, if you can find value in yourself for who you are intrinsically, that confidence will shine out no matter what you look like and no matter what you do. It's the hardest confidence to achieve, and the most worthwhile
    Is this still revelant?
  • DWornock
    Shyness vs. confidence is based on the rate of success which is determined by a persons looks and desirability. A super good looking movie star only needs to snap his fingers and 95% or more of the women, married and single will drop their panties.

However, no matter how much effort or what he does, an ugly guy will be rejected almost 100% of the time by those same women. The movie star knows he is going to be successful; therefore he is confidence. Experience has taught the ugly guy that he is going to be rejected; therefore, he is shy.
    Is this still revelant?
    • This is accurate.

• Spoopy_Alien

I see that you fall into the ugly (and most likely rejected/shy) category.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1423
  • midnightmoon05
    Thank you for writing this MyTake girly. Beautifully written. Encouraging!
    To add on...
    Go out with friends, put on some heels, dress up nice from time to time. Meet new people. Go to new places. So refreshing.
    Smile!!!
  • OlderAndWiser
    These are some excellent ideas and I will certainly incorporate some of them into Shy Guy 101.
    • Well hurry I got girls waiting for you to contact them.๐Ÿ™‚ And thank you sir

• At this time of year, I am swamped. In addition to my law practice, I am president of my congregation, president of my fraternity's local alumni association, and an alumnus adviser to my fraternity's chapter at the local college. All of those group are either preparing for significant events at year end, or having significant events associated with the beginning of the school year. I am also in the midst of an ugly break up with my girlfriend. But. . . I will try to have the first installment submitted within the next three days.

• I'm teasing you and I'm sorry about your girlfriend

• MrHopper
    Great piece, i agree, make your self interesting and just relax.. people like fun and interesting people
  • WhiteShoulder
    I was very shy as a tween. This is a great Take 😊.
    • Welcome to charm school bitch ๐Ÿ˜‚

• ShadowofRegret
    Good take, you made some interesting points to think about.
  • Dav1ss
    Lol I've actually been to charm school tho makes sense and great take
    • Cool

• @Dav1ss why would you need charm school you are already a very amazing woman

• Dav1ss

@justcurious2019 you know what it is right

• humanearth
    I can total agree with everything you said. And its all true
  • Games_
    You can't force someone to not act their genetic personality
  • BlackRoseFairy
    Those are some pretty good points!
    Thanks for putting them together 💕

If you allow me I would like to add "learn how to dress according to your body type".
    I see many women just blindly following trends without even realising how much different they could look if they chose a different type of pants or shoes or whatever.

And also don't be afraid to try new colours when it comes to make up and clothes. Just today I convinced a friend to buy a new eyeshadow of a colour she never had thought of. She texted me later proudly saying how people told her how good it looks on her.
    So next time you are not sure, take a friend along!
  • Straight_Shooter
    As usual, spot on. But, I find it really hard to believe that you were shy.
  • LemonSpice777
    So true. For me working on my self image has always helped my confidence a lot!!
  • TripleAce
    Charm School, thats really cute.. could be a series even
    But you didn't tell me what charm School is, what is that theme... I was hoping for an explanation

welcome to charm school, you're charming
  • RobertToast1828
    I am a shy guy, eh!Welcome To Charm School
  • Daniela1982
    When Wow tripped and fell on her face the other day I commented "How was Charm School, Grace?"
  • DeeDeeDeVour
    Well done. I hope people who need these pointers learn from this take. This can help them.
  • coachTanthony
    Good Take!

Good points!

Good Reading!
    • ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
      Well thank you I'm happily surprised you liked it

• @coachTanthony it's nice being able to respond. Most of my mytakes I can't respond because I'm just being sworn at

• Love comes in may different forms! LOL

• Gottabsavagee
    I still believe better be shy than too comfortable lol but yeah be shy to the certain amount
  • luvstoned4him
    great points, am trying them :D
  • justcurious2019
    this is a amazing mytake this will help a lot of shy women you knocked it out of the park
  • Hans222
    What a charmful take :D
    • Thanks nice not to be cursed out over a mytake I write

• Hans222

Oh no, I would never curse over any of your mytakes, that's just not me :D

• Exorcist_Rampage
    I'm good at tennis and enjoy sharing spiritual ideas and like eating healthy.
  • Sevenpointfive
    i kind of wanna see what's below chile ;D
  • pizzalovershouse
    sounds like a lot of work for some who mite not hae some of these skills
  • Joker_
    Thank you for welcoming me
  • Creepazoid
    Good job on the take! Enjoyed the read.
  • Fuentes
    Im not shy
  • COMMODOREII
    Bravo. I loved it. 😊
  • OldSchool_Metalhead
    Many more girls in the world need to read this
  • 1828avaava1828
    nice take wowz!!
  • coolbreeze
    Nice tips🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
  • fXXkKlownzgetmoney
    Sadly, I'm terrible at all of this
  • ManOnFire
    I don't struggle with this.
  • NickiB
    Good mytake
  • JubJub_Hi
    Thank you for this <3
  • Massageman
    Good piece. Thanks.
  • Liam_Hayden
    Great take.
  • CertifiedHandsomity
    Charm School is modern-day segregation!