Do older women get jealous of younger women?

I noticed my mom is like that.

For example, today I was going outside, and as I always do, I put on some make up, brushed my hair and was leaving. I saw her give me the oddest look before I went outside.

I realized she purposely took me to the wrong destination just to waste time. I accused her of being jealous she didn't even deny it.

I think she is starting to realize that I can fight back and know that she's like that

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Older women get really jealous of younger women. Be careful you aren't too far from feeling jealous yourself. 28-32 is when the first major jealousy phase often kicks in really hard for women. Its because you will never be more attractive than you are today. Each day from the day you're 18 you become less attractive. For men each day after 18 we become more attractive in general. So it clashes. Because you have basically all men of all ages prefer women around 25 and younger. So after you hit about 30 all the male attention you're used to dries up and it doesn't feel good im sure.

0|0
    2|0
    • I'm only 25

• Show All
    • You can still be influential to the world even if you don't have kids (if you get a Nobel prize or find the cute for an illness or make a scientific discovery). No one cares if Newton, Socrates, Marie Curie, Stephen Hawkins, Galileo or Alexander Graham Bell had kids or not

• Ewww...
      Please don't bother answer back I'm already grossed out and tired of these notifications.

• It all boils down reaction and attention with maturity experience and knowledge rolled up into one. You cannot react if if doesn't go your way. In order to not be constantly judging or second guessing yourself by seeing it the general way everybody sees it you will develop a natural sense of how things proceed not by how you feel and what the result looks like. Once you know the end result you apply yourself appropriately and be the wiser and go the way its supposed to whether you agree with it or not. And it the end it straightens out. And by not being vain but true will see that it works for everybody and not just a select few.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Honestly, sometimes I feel as though it's the women who've been treated cruelly who are more likely to feel envious jealousy because they didn't get treated with respect so they get jealous/envious of others.

I think a woman whose had a fulfilled life is less likely to wish bad for others and when she ages, she starts to change the role she plays to people.

For example, if a 50-something year old mother still feels jealous of a teenager, that's pretty fucked up that shows me she hasn't adjusted to the role she's supposed to be playing

Most Helpful Girls

• Sure, it can happen... but jealous of your own Daughter? What the heck? That’s just odd... maybe you’re being paranoid and judgmental? Or maybe your mom is Crazy? Or maybe you’re both crazy? That’s just oddddd!

0|0
    0|0
    • Nah, she's pretty crazy.

More examples: she tries to spread lies about me at home and cause fights between my siblings and I.

I can literally see the jealousy in her face when I tell her of opportunities I receive.

She tries to downplay my achievements etc.

• I do not understand how someone can be jealous of their own kids... that’s just weird and awful..

• I think she didn't want me in fact I'm sure.

So she blame sme for her life going astray when really I have nothing to do with ehr life

• Some are jealous, some can be at times.
    But what you’re stating right here could be just her worrying for you. And don’t forget that you’re parents will forever see you as the baby they raised so it’s hard for them to see their children grow up and get detached.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nah she's just a bitter bitch trust me.

I even yelled at her today it's not my fault that her life was pathetic.

She got quiet at that when before seh was yelling and bringing the house down

• Show All
    • No I believe in fact I know that her envy is much greater than her love

• I really am starting to hate her

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Yes they definitely get jealous!😂😂😂
    I go to parks for morning walks, there these old (30/40+) women see young women jogging and walking in perfect shape and all, they make such faces and look at them from top to bottom!😂😂😂
    Scenes are soo funny to watch.
    I have seen that in restaurants, airports, stations, like every here and there...😝😝

2|0
    4|1
  • I think older women do get jealous of younger attractive women

0|0
    1|0
    • No offence but some older women are such hags.

• You only have one mother. Try to get along with her.

0|0
    0|0
    • But she's crazy
      Seriously

• I am sorry that your mother did that to you. Your mother should be supportive of you.

0|0
    0|0
    • She's a bitch.

• @Asker Wow, I'm very sorry. I would think that you would want your mother to be loving and kind. I hope you don't end up becoming like your mother.

• Why would I?

My mother is the worst type of bitch who would take out her jealousy on an innocent childr ather than admitting she is jealous

• Every peoples are have a different idea about everythings, but I think mostly no jealous , but of course they want come back at young age

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe she made mistakes and is having inner conflicts within herself and doesn't want you doing what she did

0|0
    0|0
  • LMBO... your mom prime is far gone and yours is beginning.

0|0
    1|0
  • and its hilarious to watch it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Old people lol
    I guess so

0|1
    2|1
  • absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously

0|0
    0|1
  • Of course... they're..

0|0
    0|0
  • yep. they want to look young again, so, they become jealous of the young

guys like youthful women

0|1
    3|1
  • For sure. It makes them remember what it was like to have males show interest in them simply for their looks. A time when men would trip over themselves to do things for her attention. A time when she didn’t have to try to get anything.

Women don’t realize how easy they have it until they are past 30 and can’t simply get by on their sexuality.

0|0
    5|0
    • see here's the thing.

I am beautiful in real life, but i care little about 'male attention.'

In fact, I would argue, that after a point in time upon realizing respect was not associated with male attention anyways, I stopped giving a shit.

I am hardworking. I know my looks are going to fade like every other woman and want nothing but to enjoy the time when I am young and carefree by just being happy.

My mother though, she is a vicious hag. She actually really does expecct to do nothing in life and get by

• Show All
    • OP are you talking about my argument?

• Yes.

• Well, yeah. They can't go out there a fuck a bunch of random guys like they use to. They're not being picked anymore. The young girls still have those privileges.

0|0
    5|0
    • No I am not one of those girls who and i quote 'fuck a bunch of random guys like they use to.'

I sometimes feel as though she cannot accept something about me not sure what.

For example, just now when I was in teh washroom she randomly came up and said 'it's stinking.'

The door was closed. I know she does these things to try to humiliate me and take out all her jealousy.

In anger I said it's not my fault your life is as pathetic as it is.

She went queit.

I realized she blames me for her life going wrong because I am more successful than her but then again who wouldn't be, she's a mess

• Show All
    • Ladies, be nice, he's just explaining the "average". Statistics and most fact books are all based on "average". That doesn't mean everyones like that for sure, but he's not entirely wrong either.

• I can say for sure that what he just said explains a lot of teens/young adults in norway and our closest countries at least, other then that i dont have experience or facts, but i do hope its better in most other countries

What Girls Said 16

• So you came to the conclusion she was jealous because she gave you a look? How do you know she PURPOSELY went to the wrong destination?

2|0
    0|0
  • That’s unfortunate for everyone involved. Insecurity is arguably the worlds #1 killer lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, it depends on the person. Some do, some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never have, I like to empower the younger generation

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. They do.

I’m not going into our history just the relevant bit. My mother liked to prove she was so skinny she could fit into child’s clothing so would prance around with her cheeks tipping out. She was super proud cause she had a boyfriend (while married) before me.
    She was less chuffed when I started my periods aged 12 and she entered menopause the same time/was confirmed with stds (although in her head it was all a lie. She’s super fertile). She started buying more children’s clothes and taking pregnancy tests like they were going out of fashion. She now plasters make up on to look 117 instead of a 62 year old pretending to be 73.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is different but , as for me, I do not get jealous of younger females.

0|0
    0|0
  • Poor your mum... I really don't think she was "jealous" of you...

1|0
    0|0
  • If your own mom is jealous of you that’s a big issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|1
    0|0
  • nope

0|1
    0|0
  • That's petty especially if it's your mom...

0|0
    0|0
  • If they look better ya

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt your mom is jealous of her own daughter
    Maybe she was having a rough day or maybe it was just your imagination
    Have you talked about it with her? Or there must be something wrong with her. My mom always compliment me and is proud of me like most moms, she's not jealous of me
    That's the reason you have kids, right? Because you want them to be a better version than you

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't think she wanted me.

And trust me she's a jealous bitch

• Was she always like this? Even when you were little? All moms love their kids, unless they're psychos

• Yes she was

• Maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow that’s actually pathetic. She seems abusive i think it’s not healthy to continue living In that environment

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes