My Insecurities And How I Deal With Them

This is a post just meant for venting and it is part of my self love journey.

1. Breasts

I can pretty much say this has been my biggest insecurity even since I was 14. They are quite big. Guys and girls stare. My friends make fun of them saying they're too big and nobody likes big boobs. I was told once I should get them reduced/removed. All of that hurt and I still feel the urge to remove them. Instead I'm going to the gym and trying to feel fit and healthy. They are about 36-37D.

2. Height

I am 5'10". I thought guys hated tall girls , but actually I found out lots of them like models and would love a tall fit girl as the 'ideal' body type.

I still hate getting stared at and getting hate for my height.

I realized that if there are so many people wishing they were taller , while I'm here wishing I was shorter , that no matter what we won't be 100% happy with what we were given.

So I am starting to appreciate my height. I'm also working in a field that is male dominated and being tall helps me a lot with seeming more confident and getting respected easily.

Being tall is not a bad thing , i find it useful now. I used to wish I could look cute and get people to worry about me/ protect me. But I realized that that's just not who I am, and that's fine.

3. Weight

I am not skinny. I weigh around 160lbs. I have struggled with an eating disorder , badly.

When i tell you I am still sick with all sorts of diseases from being anorexic , I really am.

I never became underweight from the eating disorder , but I had very bad health problems.

I have curves but on me it just feels like I'm 'big'. I don't know how to feel good about not being skinny , as it is something I have seen as ideal for a very long time. I also wanted to look 'small' and part of that for me is being skinny. Basically the 'model' aesthetic.

I'm still insecure. I feel big. Im tall and I feel tall girls are immediately seen as 'athletic' 'fit' 'skinny' and I'm not skinny.

I still wish I was slimmer. I'm working on becoming about 140lbs and fit.

I love working out and that is how I'm working around the insecurity around my weight.

4. Feet

Not a big insecurity of mine , but I wear a size 9.5 . Pretty big for a woman. I know not many people really care if you have big feet , they're just feet.

But it just bothers me that my feet are not small.

I just try and accept this and ignore it. I know lots of 5'2-5'4 girls who wear size 8-10 . I am much taller so there is nothing wrong with my feet.

5. Intelligence

I feel stupid most of the time . People find this hard to believe since I get good grades.

Grades have nothing to do with intelligence in my personal opinion.

How I work on this is I study harder , try and think outside the box , try to understand things on my own as much as possible until I get to it's roots and can pretty much get that feeling of 'I understood this , I can answer most questions about it and can talk about this topic in depth'.

I hope this take isn't too long. I really want to accept myself fully one day.

I am not as insecure as I used to be. I can go outside now without getting extreme paranoia. I keep my eyes looking downwards so I do not notice others staring at me , until I feel confident enough to ignore people's stares.

1512

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 12

• #1. If your bust size is proportioned with your overall body, you look good. You should get surgery if it's a health hazard or seriously messes with something else about you.
    2. I don't think 5'10" is THAT tall. Plus, tall and short have their pros and cons. You said your height helps you with your job. There you go. Be proud of that. Think positive.
    3. Having health problems that impact your weight is a reasonable excuse. There are plenty of disorders and things like that out there. Some people are born with a specific body type and metabolism. Take me for example. No matter how much I eat, what I eat, or how I exercise, I can't gain weight. I'm 5'8" and 118 pounds. That's pretty skinny. And it has been this way for years.
    4. I don't think most guys care about the size of your feet unless they are crazy small or big. I wear 9.5 shoes. It's no big deal at all.
    5. You know, ever since the beginning of my high school in 2004 I realized that education is all wrong. We learn for our grades instead of real life knowledge. We study things and in ways that will get us an A and never use that in real life. If we didn't have grades/scores, everyone would be more intelligent and ready for real life. Why memorize complex math formulas that we will never use? Quadratic formula? What's that? Factorial? What's that? I don't remember any of that stuff. Useless material I had to spend time and memory on instead of learning something useful like planning a budget, what 401k is, etc. You get the picture.
    Write down your insecurities and solutions or reasons why they should not hurt your life. Grab that paper and shred it.

• Quit being a victim. I don't know what happened to this generation, but this whole idea that you have it so hard is simply ridiculous. Just keep telling yourself, "I am not a vicitim... I am not a vicitim..." Seriously. For god's sakes, you have zero issues so you created some to be worried and insecure about. Just quit it.

• 27 years young i am and am on top of the game. nobody has done what i have done in the time i have done it. now hush up old man

• I don't know about all that. im not a victim though. i know that! but some people need help. have a heart oldtimer

• @wootamandawoot41 - I'm a tough-love type, not so much showing a soft heart. And you're a girl, so you automatically get some empathy that I don't. Let us be perfectly clear...

• You are brave
    Never fear and never wait for others approval, good job
    Call Security Please! ↗

• in my opinion, the only thing wrong with you is your insecurities themselves. Unfortunately, growing up, you lacked someone to put some of your ideas, and some of the things people teased you about, in context, and to tell you that you are great just the way you are. This is usually the father's role, especially with girls, and for whatever reason, you didn't get it when you needed it. That's a shame.

But you are old enough now to realize that your parents are human beings just like the rest of us - they have flaws and make mistakes and screw up sometimes, even when they are trying not to.

You have to let go of the things that they taught you that are wrong, and you are experienced enough to figure out what those things are. It's hard (I know - I had similar struggles), but you can't carry that mental poison with you your whole life just because you were given it at a young age. Put down that burden and forgive yourself, and don't look back.

• Good that you found what works for you.

Some of us guys hugely prefer tall women, though, so you shouldn't be insecure about your height.

• Stop worrying just live you life to the fullest. If necessary, you can improve a few things but you must be aware that your time is limited. You cannot take care of everything

• You sound awesome, friends that make jokes like that are really more insecure than you are, making fun of bobs is the only way to make them feel better about themselves. Be you and get new friends.

• 5'10" and 160 pounds? That's not overweight in the slightest. Anything below that would be unhealthy. I mean I'm 150 but I'm 5'7".

• For the record, i prefer big boobs. Also, 160 lbs is not in any definition; heavy.

Hope your day gets better

• Everything is fine but I am not sure about the 9.5 feet tho

• you will be fine
    if you wanna get smart study religion and take it literally

if not you will stay stupid

• so basically everything a guy has an insecurity of

What Girls Said 15

• Aw nice take.

You shouldn't feel insecure about your height though really, I think tall girls can be beautiful just as much as a shorter girl.

Also, you mentioned you're working out to get more fit and healthy, that's a great thing! Soon enough you won't have that weight insecurity 🙂

I hope you manage to fully accept yourself, but even if you don't, it's okay. We all have our insecurities. Just don't let them take more control and stop you from doing whatever you want to do.

Good luck ❤❤

• Great mytake!😊

And like you said shoe size doesn't matter. And many prefer tall and some short they are both great! And it's the same with bodytype.

I beleive there is beauty in every height and bodytype. I hope you become happy with the way you are!❤

• I am the same height as you, pretty much same breast size, and I’ve struggled with food issues too. None of these define you!!
    PM me if you ever want to talk.

• Girl im proud of you! Honestly, we need more girls like you on this planet 😍

• Just be you. Don't start changing yourself for others since someone will love you for you are. If they don't? then they don't love you.

• About your breasts.. A tip I've learnt is to wear a big fluffy scarf if you want to hide how big they actually are. There are very thin and airy ones for the summer too.

• These are my insecurities as well, besides me wanting to be taller (I'm 5'2").

• You are beautiful don't worry about what people say

• Size 9.5? Damn. I mean there's someone out there for everyone.

• That is so rude. If you look it up the average US female shoe size is a size 8 , a size 8!

• I am as tall as you are and I don't feel good with my height, :(

• girl, i bet you are so pretty

• Nice take

• How is 160 pounds on a 5’10” frame fat? Like what? Omg

9.5 makes sense with a height a 5’10” . It would look weird if they were any smaller.

As someone with 36ddd, it’s not that big. Average boob size is a c cup. And haven’t you noticed that most people want big breasts like...

• Really? Big boobs used to make you super popular when I was in middle school. Hence why my small boobs made me insecure for a while.

• Aww I wish I was your height. I'm 5'6 and have always felt insecure about my height. If I was 5'10, I could have a short at many Hot taller guys over 6ft. Lol I was even looking at leg lengthening surgery but it's too expensive for me.
    I also have big breasts 34D and I struggle with them, I covers them with minimizer bras that look good under clothes but don't feel comfortable in a bikini.. But unfortunately I'm not Kylie Jenner with millions of dollars to fix my flaws
    Seems that we all have our insecurities