Can white passing biracial people wear weave or braids?

Do you think people who are mixed with black and white but, are white passing, wear braids, weaves, etc. I'm thinking of getting braids because I just want to see how I look in them again. When I was younger my mom always had my hair in braids. Do you think people get offended? This is me currently with nothing but my natrual hair.Can white passing biracial people wear weave or braids?

• I don't see a problem with it. Do what you want.
  • It seems too "controversial" stick to your natural hair
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1631

Most Helpful Guy

• Who gives a shite. I'm white and I put my hair in dreads. looked good until my hairline went halfway down my scalp ;/ racial hair is nonsensical.

seriously though. Just say this out loud - "Only black people can do their hair like that"

Ridiculous, right?

What Guys Said 30

• I find it a strange irony. Books like 1 Timothy get shouted down and all sorts of flack for pretty much saying the obvious: general crowds feel better when women look like actual women, and men have hair reflective of being actual men! "Fairy tale!" they screech, as new evidence of historicity daily pops up. "Sexist!" they screech, as most of the world has absolutely no problem with standards of gender-hair association standards and decency.

And if someone believing in these simple standards (or even someone from an Asian culture believing them for a different reason that has nothing to do with religion, because it's so frickin' obvious!) simply politely requests someone else to conform, they're treated as if some kind of monster!

Yet... we have all this Antifa BS; where they feel that if someone isn't "black enough" to be wearing dreadlocks, then that's "cultural appropriation," and is grounds to beat someone to a pulp!

Why does anyone in the west tolerate this insanity? Is the irrational hatred for God so intense now, that this kind of French Revolution-style madness and stupidity is actually preferable?

• I thinks people can wear whatever they wants to regardless of race. Both black, white, Asian, mixed and all other races can wear what haircut and clothing they wants to. No outfit, haircut or culture belongs to a race. Want to wear something or join a culture? Yes, then you're welcome to do it. I don't see any problems with it and I recommends you to not care about what other thinks. Some people also wants to complain and bully for small things. I thinks you're pretty by the way.

• Don't think so hard. You don't have to pass a test to determine what you can do with your hair. Do what you want.

I'm white as snow (by ancestry, not complexion). I'm English going back centuries. But when I was in my teens my hair looked a LOT like your hair. Your hair is what it is. Do what you want with it and don't worry about what "race" it's associated with.

• race is stupid, just do what you want.

• I hate how it came to this.. Asking permission or thinking if it's okay to wear this or that hairstyle because somehow it 'belongs' to another race... WHAT IS THIS SHIT!!

• "identity politics." It allows you to dismiss one's feelings, ideas, etc because they are from a shunned class. Its an excellent tool if you want to destroy a civilization from the inside.

cdn2.btrstatic.com/.../183197_q1essDjf.jpg
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfHoBIEUEAInEYx.jpg

• The ironic part is, whenever you deem everyone else a Nazi, it's only inevitable that YOUR circle will begin to turn on itself i. e. 'you're not as pure in your beliefs as me... NAZI!" and you have nothing left but fanatics years down the road. Congratulations! You've just created a cult/terrorist organization.

• Race has literally nothing to do with it and anyone one who think it does is wrong and should feel wrong. Do whatever. Simple.

• It really isn't your concern if people get offended by you if you are not breaking the law.

• Even though hair styles are closely related to a race/culture, it doesn't belong to them

Plus, associating weaves to a race is racist and dumb.

Wear your hair how you want.

• If you are concerned about being attacked by negro racists like this guy www.telegraph.co.uk/.../...ural-appropriation.html

Consider obtaining a pepper spray rather that bending to bully pressure. We are humans, we have pride and shall stand our ground when we are right.

• Chinese people can do that if they want. Everybody can do whatever they want with their own stuff. Whoever yells at "culture appropriation" should be sentenced to Death for being stupid.

• It's a free country.

• Yes. Anyone can (although it looks really damn stupid when a white person does it) You are biracial so you have the right hair type to make that work. Whi cares if they get offended only an asshole is offended by that anyways.

• I don't see a problem with it. Do whatever you want do.

• It is cultural appropriation in my opinion. Some people may get offended by it.

• Why would there be a problem with wearing braids as a white person?

• From what I've seen people get offended from it and I don't understand why. They see it as "culture appropriation" but really they are just wearing a hairstyle

• it's exclusive to people that think that if you make something that's supposedly for another culture than you're doing that just to get attention

• @CreamLight Thanks for the explanation. I've never heard of it

• Looks nice

• as long as it looks good

• It's fine

• Wear it how you want, even if you're 100% Norwegian.

• Anyone who has hair can wear braids and weaves. You can't patent a haistyle.

• dress how you want and don't let others tell you otherwise.

• I have never associated hair styles with skin color until now.

• No law against it? why not?

• Let me know if you need a man

• Do what you want.

• lol u look black anyway so why not.

• She looks white, I can tell this is a butthurt black person.

• Still nobody here tells her she didn't look white but you. Other agreed with you on the other post because you implied she wasn't actually white, so they guess otherwise. Piss off and let her identify as what she wants to. I am a cat, fight me.

• girl bye i didn't imply anything. gave no hint to anything.

• Can a tribal walk on a ramp

• Can black people use lightbulbs, TV, smartphones... etc?

• Cultural Appropriation 👌. What is ironic is that many ancient white caucasian tribes wore their hair in braids and such, and developed this custom independently of other cultures, meaning they had no idea it existed in other parts of the world.

• @VladSparr Like Vikings, for example.

• Why do people have problems in the first place?

• Who the hell cares?
    It's hair.

What Girls Said 16

• omg. who gaf if someone gets offended. if they do, then they're the ones being racist. you have ever right to get a weave, braids, whatever no matter what color you are and anyone that doesn't think so is racist trash

• This is a stupid question
    Considering white, black and Asian woman already wear weave and braids
    Not only black woman do that so lame

• I voted A. Personally I don't like braids on any race, however it's your hair and your choice. Go for it.

• yes of course you can. Growing up little braids (most commonly worn by black girls) was my favorite hairstyle

• No, they should have to pay taxes to the nearest black person for offending them by wearing a hairstyle owned by black people.

• Do whatever you want to do, hun. It's your life and your hair. Anyone who insults your hair choices are just ignorant people. But I think your natural hair is beautiful the way it is.

• Weaves are for everyone, even white people. Braids are too..

• Nobody cares what you wear except for some aholes. But who gives a shite for what they think

• It's your hair. It's your choice. If other people wanna get upset over something so small, that's on them.

• you do you. Braids are for anyone and everyone. If you like it do it, don't let people stand in the way!

• Its not a crime

• Why couldn't they? Any can wear weave or braids.

• Everyone wears weave tf? Asian, black, white etc its not a black person thing

• hair is hair. does it really matter what you do with it.

• culture appropriation does not exist, we are human race and every group developed their culture differently and we all should share and get inspired from each other. it is racist only then when it includes mocking someone's culture

• All i care about rn is where she got her hat from