Is velvet clothing too feminine for a man to wear?

I've never seen a man wear velvet clothing but I have seen plenty of women wear velvet pants. I've only seen men wear corduroy clothing which is very similar to velvet. The only instances I've seen men wear velvet are in movies and on tv shows.
Is velvet clothing too feminine for a man to wear?Is velvet clothing too feminine for a man to wear?Is velvet clothing too feminine for a man to wear?

• Yes, it's a very feminine fabric, stick to Corduroy
  • Not really
There are velvet pants for men but I've just never seen men wearing them which makes me think there is some kind of social stigma that discourages men from wearing them. cdnd.lystit.com/.../...ct-2-4478653-769061144.jpeg

1818

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was in my teens, there was a brief fashion trend involving velour. It is a material similar to velvet and it was used to make clothes for men and women. As I recall, velour was used to make shirts and jackets for men but not pants. This was briefly after male musical groups (most memorably Paul Revere and the Raiders) appeared in variations of period costumes from the colonial era, including shirts with frilly collars.
    However, I don't recall velour pants ever being popular so I think you are right. There are just too many very conservative, very traditional people who see certain fabrics, like velvet and velour, as being undeniably feminine.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE