Remembering Our Friend Kris85

It's with an extremely heavy heart and blurry eyes that I have to report that we have lost one of our own here. Kris85, as most of you knew her, or Dara, to those close to her, has passed away suddenly, at the all too young age of 36. I can't believe I have to even write this, but I wanted to say a few things about her.

Dara was my best friend. It feels weird saying that, about a person I never got to meet in person, a person I met over a wacky website like this (which remains my most guarded secret to those I do know in person), someone who I interacted with only through text and a handful of phone calls. I have my inner circle of buddies, and those guys are "best friends" too, but I would without hesitation put Dara in that echelon of friendship.

She came out of nowhere, she just messaged me one day a few years ago saying she thought my posts were funny. We got to talking, and we just never stopped. She told me all about Western Canada where she was from, and I told her all about my hometown of Boston. We quickly found out that we were two peas in a pod, I swear we were practically the same person. We even have the same birthday, just one year apart. And we were both all about the party life. My recent emojis always included 🍻🍹💃🎉🎊 because of our texts.

I'm in so much pain over this, but the one comfort I can find is that I know she was happy. Her life was going really well. She had divorced a couple years earlier, and to say she was doing well on the open market would be a major understatement. Let's not mince words, she loved to fuck, haha. I'll always remember the weekend morning texts with hilarious messages like "welp...just woke up next to a 19 year old." Chick just always did it big, she was such a badass. Snapchat brought our friendship to another level, as I could see pics of her partying-in-progress, haha. She was also going to school, and was performing very well, and she was excited to embark on a new career path. And she was second to none as a mother. She leaves behind three children: a 9 year old son, and two daughters, 7 and 4. She loved her children so much. That's another thing I loved on Snapchat, her pics of her kids, often with the girls in sassy poses. My heart is absolutely shattered for them, but I know they will be in good hands with their father, aunt, uncle, and grandmother.

As for GAG...well...she's tell you herself that she was kind of a bitch on here, and I thought that was hilarious. She was such a great person, but we both roll our eyes at a lot of the tomfoolery that occurs here, and she never pulled punches in dressing them down, whereas I generally hold my tongue and sent her screenshots or links to stuff and we'd laugh privately. To those of you who gave her shit for sleeping around, I promise you she'd still tell you to fuck off🖕 If you were a creepy/thirsty guy, a catfish, or someone fishing for compliments, she would likely roast you. But there were a select few of you that she really liked. I'll tag you guys, but forgive me if I miss anyone, I'm a mess right now.

@BertMacklinFBI @ConsultantIsBack @TwoLips @Shmusername @RedThread @DodgersGM @Ladsin @CupcakeKiller @musicbrain5 @BelleGirl21

Again, sorry if I missed anyone, but you know who you are.

I could go on all night talking about her. She was beautiful, she was smart, she was cool, she was funny, and she was Canadian as FUCK. I'm getting a little overwhelmed here, I'm still in disbelief that I'm writing this, I'm sick to my stomach, so I'll wrap up and just say: Dara, I love you so much, I'm going to miss you terribly, and I feel so blessed to have had this friendship with you, I will never forget you as long as I live. My only regret is that we never got into "shenanigans" together in person. I always imagined us finally meeting at an airport somewhere, engaging in a huge bear hug, and then going on an epic bender and leaving some poor unsuspecting city in ruins. Like you once said though, "we live so far apart because the world couldn't handle so much awesome in one place." But you know that if we ever meet up in that big bar in the sky, the Paralyzers are on me! Rest in peace, buddy, I love you, and thank you for being such a great friend! Hope we see each other somewhere, someday, and shenanigans will ensue! Until then, "later, skater"👊😘😭

Remembering Our Friend Kris85

3760

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no words. I never really spoke with her, but was impressed and entertained by her "don't give a fuck" attitude. She seemed like a super fun, yet hardworking person. I'm truly saddened by the loss and am keeping those close to her, especially her children, in my thoughts tonight.

Really well written tribute by the way. Sending hugs and support to you as well. ❤

• Thanks Heather❤️ That pretty much sums her up. Please do keep them all in your thoughts!

• Of course! You know you have a whole support system of friends from here, too. :) Definitely will be thinking about everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. This is totally heartbreaking.

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Dara like you did, Steve, but nevertheless I'm still very grateful for the exchanges we did share with one another. And even though I didn't know her like you did, I still actually felt like I *knew* her. As far as I'm concerned, that's something very special -- the ability to throw your real, true self out there and connect with people is rare. I hope I can learn from her example, because I think it makes us better people.

More than all of that, though, my heart aches for her three little ones. I'm glad to hear that they're in good hands, but a loving mother is irreplaceable. I just hope they'll be okay, and I hope they'll remember their momma like her friend Steve does.

• Well said. Not many people are as real as her, that's one of the things I loved so much about her. Appreciate all the kind words, man, thanks so much👊

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 36

• Losing a loved one is always heartbreaking but even more so when it's sudden and unexpected. I'm so sorry for your loss, WhiteSteve. I know you two were very close. I will keep her friends and family in my thoughts and prayers. <3

• Thanks, Honey Bee, this one is real tough on me😭 Need all the thoughts and prayers of every religion and non-religion going up for her and especially her kids, so yours are definitely appreciated! Thank you❤️

• Steve I just can't even find the words. I just can't stop crying right now. Kris felt like my sister and I felt like she and I had so much in common with our situations in life. I always respected her opinions and looked to her a lot of times for guidance and a laugh.
    I know you two were rocks for each other and I'm so sorry for you. Her poor sweet children, I just can't imagine.
    My heart and prayers go out for everyone effected by this. I'm going home to hig my kids a little tighter right now.
    I'm so sorry my sweet friend. 😭

• I know, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Thank you for the kind words, this is a tough one for sure. I'm just sick about her kids, she was such a good mom. She thought the world of you!

• 🙁 if you ever need me I'll be in Utah faster than the flash

• @Twolips so sweet. Thanks 💚

• Oh, man. I don't even want to think about how you had to find out, or from whom.

My deepest condolences to you. It's never easy to say goodbye.

Keep her alive in yr memory, and keep telling stories -- which should be especially easy to do if you share a birthday.

When I get back home tmrw morning, yr names will go in my big obnoxious handwriting in our family Bible (regardless of yr beliefs there). Pour out some nice expensive liquor on the ground, keep yr head up, and keep it real. #crazytallgirllove <3

• Thank you. She will definitely live on forever in my memory. Thanks for the prayers, anything coming from a good place is A-Ok by me👍

• They make bibles with space to write in?

• @Waffles731 My grandparents' 1909 Reina-Valera Bible has 12 blank pages in the front and another 12 in the back. Maybe this is just a thing with Spanish-language Bibles, I dunno

• She was pretty damn cool from the few interactions that we had around here. She had a no nonsense attitude and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how close you guys were and my heart breaks for you bud. May she rest in peace. I'll definitely keep her family in my prayers. ❤

• I appreciate that homey!❤️💚 This is a tough one for sure. Definitely send some up for her little tykes, they need it the most.

• I most definitely will.

• Oh my god this is so sad!!! I hope she rests in peace. :( <3

• OH MY GOD! I was wondering where she had been for the last few days. Wow, I'm in shock. I got to know her pretty well through messages here, talking about things ranging from Canadian shit all the way to the catfishes and trolls of GAG (starting with the whole SandPlanet fiasco).

I an so heartbroken for her family and especially her children. We just had Mother's Day as well. Wow. 😭😭😭😭😭

RIP Dara. You will be missed.

• Yeah, it's so awful. Especially the kids, that hurts the worst. Thank you for being a positive addition to her life❤️

• Oh my gosh. I was wondering where she'd been. She was a beyond awesome lady. We had so much fun and she really was one of the people who made this site decent.

It's so amazing to know she was as fantastic irl as she was online. Thank you for sharing with us.

• She absolutely was. Thanks so much for being a positive contribution to her life❤️

• Oh my gosh... this is so horrible, I'm deeply upset in hearing this. She was so wonderful, we shared a few laughs here and there.
    Rest in Peace dear beautiful Dara <3 you will be deeply missed.
    😔🍌

warm hugs flying your way JStevie. I know how much y'all loved each other. Have comfort in the fact that she will be with you everywhere you go. Hold onto them memories real tight, and keep those emojis at the top of your list, because that's what she would want.

• Thanks, jBeezy, I appreciate it! I know she thought you were cool people👍 I will definitely hold on to the memories. I know your prayer game is as tight as anyone's here, so if you can send some up for her and her family, they could use them🙏🏻

• Ur so welcome. If u need listening ear, u know im here for u❤️ I definitely am sending my prayers to u and her family.

• i can't believe it... so young. i have always admired how fierce she was. no bullshit, no dwelling on regrets. we need more people like her in our lives. i'm sorry for your loss... it was so clear how well you two got along. that kind of instant friendship is so rare, something to be treasured.

i am confident that she spent her years on earth with more verve than most of us... and that's something i won't forget.

• I think ur pic might be older than my pic now. LMAO

• Thanks so much for the kind sentiments❤️ It was absolutely a rare friendship, and I'll always miss it, but will also treasure the few years we had.

• I've actually never interacted with her personally, but enjoyed seeing her sassiness around here. I was hoping before I clicked this that it wouldn't be her death and I was genuinely disappointed in hearing that it was. Death is always a very very sad thing. May she rest in peace.

• I'm shocked...

I've seen her around, but I never talked to her. So, we weren't close.
    But still, it's hard to believe.
    She was so young and her kids won't have their mother around, it's sad and painful...

R. I. P. Kris85

• Terribly sad😢 Still can't believe it😞

• Yeah, it's been a tough couple of weeks. Thank you❤️ It's the kids that make it so bad, I just feel terrible about it.

• I can see why.
      You're welcome :)
      Yes, they're in a difficult situation right now. They must be lost...

• Damn, this is awful. I didn't speak to her much but I remember seeing her answers and her 'take no shit' attitude and being impressed. Thoughts go out to her kids and the rest of her family, and also to you for your loss <3

• I can't believe this has happened. She has commented on my old questions here and there, she's awesome sauce rolled up in alcohol slapped with coolness and sass.

She will of course be missed by those who remember her.
    R. I. P Kris85 will you spread the awesomeness you have above far and wide ❤️😪🙏🏽

• "She's awesome sauce rolled up in alcohol slapped with coolness and sass." This... I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks so much, Mooky❤️

• Of course Steve! Sorry to here about the lost of your best friend. If I knew anything, it was that you were extremely close to her then all of us combined *hugs*

• Omg 😭 that really spoiled my morning.
    I remember her...
    May she rest in piece and courage for her family to manage with her loss 😢🌷🌹

• I haven't been on GaG or facebook much, I had no idea. This is devastating.

• this is heartbreaking news.. I didn't know her personally but I had seen her around and she seemed to be a cool free spirit.. also I knew her because she was a friend of Bertii.. I hope her kids are fine and they're in good hands.. losing a mother is the biggest loss ever.. the worst thing that can happen to a kid. I know because I've gone through this.. may her soul rest in peace.. my heartfelt condolences

• Thank you so much for the condolonces❤️ And I'm so sorry to hear you've experienced the loss of a mother as well😢 That's hands down the most wrenching part of all this. If was just her, I'd be a little more celebratory, like she lived hard and just flamed out early. But those kids make this excruciating. Wish I actually knew her family and could help in some way. But the good news is they have a father and other relatives that love them and will look after them👍

• yeah I hope they'll do a good job raising those little angels.. :)

• She sounds like she was really cool. Unreal post. I ferl badly for her kids.

• She was amazing, especially as a mother. Keep her kids in your thoughts. Thank you❤️

• I've seen her around a lot of times, I'm shocked to know she died :O This is really tragic, may she rest in peace <3 😭

• Omg I do remember her so well. I sometimes interacted with her in the comments too when a catfish whore shows up. I like how she seemed to be like a genuine Person, and how she seemed to never censor herself, just like me. I never interacted with her in private, but I remember I did like her.

• OMG!! she left this world so young :( :( i am shocked
    hope she'll R. I. P :'(

• More from Girls
    16

What Guys Said 59

• Holy shit... I can't believe this!!! She was an angel!!!

• I know man. Devastating doesn't even begin to describe it. She really liked you bro, thanks for being a positive part of her life👊

• She was a real as they come, and you could love it or kick rocks. But still just a solid, solid person. This is as big of a loss as I've ever experienced.

• More like a Valkyrie in my experience

• Omg...

RIP KRIS!

You were one cool ass lady! I loved how blunt you were and how you gave no fucks...

I hope you're soul truly rests in peace... Im gonna miss seeing you around...

I will drink a shot in respect to you.

GaG just got a whole lot quiter...

• I know she'd like that, she loved her shots🍻 Should have tagged you too man, she liked you, I'm just out of sorts right now

• Holy shit, I don't know what to say. I saw her on a post the other day and her account is even still active. I didn't really interact with her, but this is surreal. This is really sad to read :(

Rest in peace Kris85 / Dara. I hope that her children and all the many people she touched in her life can find peace as well.

• Yeah, I can't believe it. Just can't believe it. Thanks for the kind words, bro👊

• Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

"Hope we see each other somewhere, someday, and shenanigans will ensue! Until then, "later, skater"
    Superlative sanguine gesture. You will Steve, you will. In fact she'll always be around you, inside your heart, providing you the essence of vitality in every endeavour.

I want to write a similar take but I don't have enough guts, grammar and a heart like you.

• Thanks so much, man, I appreciate it, and you're right. I don't know if I can smile yet, but I'll get there.

• Sure thing brother 👊 this is not a mere site, we're family.

• Wow man.. just wow. This doesn't feel real. I kind of don't know how to react. She was a badass for sure and she will be missed. I wish I had something more profound to say but I'm in shock.

• That's ok man. I'm not really sure what to say about it either. And it's not like I can go to her memorial service, I have no passport and I don't know her family. This will be weird to process.

• Seriously. I always told her how amazed I was that she could juggle 3 kids, school, and a full dance card on the weekends. She lived short, but oh so hard👍

• You actually *can* get a passport in about six hours, if you go to your local (Boston, for you) passport office, line up at the Will Call windows at the crack of dawn, have all yr paperwork in order, and have printed proof of the memorial service ("immediate international travel" is an accepted reason for urgent processing). I think you have to pay something like a $60 expedite fee on top of all the other passport fees, but... yeah. It's not impossible.

• I'm extremely sad to hear about anyone passing on at a young age like Dara. I didn't know her well , but I can relate to how hard it is for you and her loved ones to lose her. I'm sure she was a great girl and loving mother. My condolences to you, her and yer family. I hope you two see each other in person one day.

Maybe these posters will help in a small way.
    https://i.imgur.com/53Llozp.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/wotmaIE.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Kf6ulG0.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/JlC3eTv.png

• Thanks a million, bro, I appreciate the pics, I actually do find some comfort in those. It's just such a terrible tragedy for her family and children, I couldn't be more sick about that aspect of it. I felt like she'd be a lifelong friend, and I guess she was, it was just over way too soon. Thanks again for the kind words, truly appreciate it👊

• I understand what you mean. I don't know of anything that would be harder for her family. I wish them strength and hope they adjust with time into having long, fulfilling lives. I know that's what Dara wants most.

You two have a special bond that is very rare. It would have been nicer for her to be with you physically, but I have a feeling you two affected each other in a way where you will always have a close connection whether or not your bodies are around. Nothing can take that from you. Maybe you two will have a more direct interaction in time. I'm glad the pictures helped a little.

• Taken from this world too young , too soon. Terribly sorry to hear of her passing. My heart goes out to her friends , her family and to you WhiteSteve. My condolences.

• Damn my fucking heart sank from reading the title alone. I wish her family the best.

• Thanks bro👊 I just can't believe it😞 Keep her and her fam in your thoughts and/or prayers.

• I didn't know her, but you fairly bring her to life with your superb tribute. Sorry for your loss! And ours as well.

• don't feel like i interacted with her but i am certainly sorry for her untimely passing. 36 is so young.

• O wow man =/ I'm really sorry to hear that I had no idea she had passed away, I wish you and her family the best.

• I did not know her well. Compared to many of you , I did not know her at all. But I did enjoy her posts on here and followed her on GAG. Some people are torn from us way too soon. She is one of those. So sorry to hear that. I, too, raise a glass to her. Rest in peace.

• She loved to raise glasses, haha🍹 Cheers to a kickass chick🍻 Thanks for the kind words👊

• Damn. This is really sad. Even though I only interacted with her once on here, I had been seeing her on here for years and liked dozens of her posts. It just feels surreal to me because I noticed her so much on here for the past few years. Her passing away is like a person I know in real life passing away. As in like a person in real life who I probably talked once or few times but saw regularly every now and then. That person who I didn't know too well but still thought was a cool or a chill person. I've been on this site for years now and had been seeing her post for years so it's very shocking to hear that she passed away. My condolences. RIP Kris85.

• I can't believe this! I just saw her on here a week ago. I guess Billy Joel was right, the good ones die young. RIP Kris

• Oh my 😔 this is truly saddening. Even though I did not know her personally or had any connections but just a simple connection that were both gagers, that's enough I felt the shock and sadness from reading the title. Condolence to you and her family..

Rest In Peace, a moment of silence for a fallen member of GAG.

• This can't be true I saw her here the other day

• Sad but true, man. Way too soon. You never expect people our age to go out like that.

• Agreed. Thanks for the kind sentiments, it means a lot and I know she would appreciate it👊

• Yes Its from the heart.

• Rip in peace fellow gager.

• I have never heard of her before now but it is ALWAYS sad when an innocent person dies. I hope you feel better

• Oh gosh! This is so sad. So young. Rest in peace Kris85. :( 😢😭

• WTF? i feel like i just talked to her a week ago? omg this sucks!

What happened? how did she die?

• Freak medical issue. Blood clot in her leg traveled to her lung. I know she always enjoyed answering your questions👍

• shared some great moments with her... man im bummed... i just checked her page, its only been four days since she last answered a question on gag.

This must have happened like yesterday.

• Yeah, not exactly sure when, over the weekend I think. Hadn't heard from her and started to worry. I'm just used to worrying and then finding out it was for naught. Wish that were the case this time😢

• More from Guys
    39