Editor of the Month, and Top 5 myTakes for October

Fathoms77

Which Editor managed to capture the award for October?

We've got the answer below and in addition to posting links to the winner's three best myTakes of the month, we're also going to post five of our favorites from other Editors (and regular users) as well. This should give readers a better idea of the kinds of articles we like, and which ones tend to resonate with both the GirlsAskGuys community and a digital audience outside the site.

As usual, the Editor of the Month award goes to someone who not only produces on a consistent basis but also gives us good-quality content, again and again. Diversity and variety of theme and topic help as well, as do the community's response. Creativity and effort are part of the requirements, as is an understanding of what works well in the digital space. Some Editors really get the latter, others don't. ;) But we certainly appreciate the effort of all of them!

And this month, the winner is:

@BeeNee

She wins a $25 Amazon gift card for her efforts! There's no need to share exact numbers but this Editor managed to produce nearly twice as many Featured myTakes as the second-closest Editor in the group, and that's saying something. This level of consistency and quality can't be ignored, and here are three of our favorites from the month:

6 Types of People You Should Never Marry

What's the Deal With MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way)?

8 Reasons You Haven't Gotten Over Your Ex

This Editor has been around for a while and is one of the few that requires little, if any, editing when she posts her myTakes. We'd like to think she's a role model for other Editors and anybody else who wants to create content for us on a frequent basis, which is another reason why she wins the award for October. :)

As for 5 other myTakes we especially loved from other GaG users in October, check these out:

Is "Ghosting" The New Dating Nightmare? -- by @AshleyBenedith

Why I'm Giving Up On Dating and Finding a Wife: Love is Dead -- by @Speedbird_747

Top 5 Reasons Why Guys Prefer Virgin Girls in Bed -- by @YourFutureEx

What Bothers Me Most About Donald Trump's Campaign -- by @Elarra

What Will it Take for Male Victims of Sexual Abuse to be Taken Seriously? -- by @ADFSDF1996

These are great examples of the types of pieces we love to see. Sure, just about anything in the dating/love/sex category tends to do well, but it has to be well thought out and well-presented, and other trending topics - like the election, for example - are always welcome, too. Hopefully, by seeing the myTakes listed here, both Editors and regular GaG users will have a clearer understanding of what will be Promoted and Featured on the site.

And of course, a list of Editors that absolutely earned a nod in October:

@Waffles731

@Library

@W31rd0

@LadyTerror

@LittleSally

@ginny_weasley

@smahala1991

@pervertedjester

@legalboxers

@Defecation

@SovereignessofVamps

@Luci92

@pavlove

@ThatJarHead

Keep writing, everyone! :)

9
11
9Girl Opinion
11Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• YourFutureEx

First of all, I apologise for making a lot of readers upset because of the content of myTake. That was sheer misunderstanding and a bit terrible choice of words.

But let me tell you something... I'm so grateful for your support. When I joined this site, I didn't know how to write in English properly. I belong to a backward place where you cannot speak in English without sounding like a show-off. So, I never had such kind of environment. But I had to ameliorate my grammar and vocabulary for a better career. And G@G gave me such kind of environment. Here, I could communicate with people in English and brush up my skills.

You guys were so supportive since day one. I've had countless of good moments here. I perpetually tried and tried and tried to make myself better by helping others in my beatific journey.

This day, I can say that now I can communicate well with others in English and I have learned the basics. I still make mistakes though, but that's what makes me better. I never liked to read and write articles, but G@G impelled me to move out of my comfort zone. Even tho it's not a big deal, but getting my work in the top 5 on a website is such a salubrious news for me.

When I look back, I can proudly say that I got better than what I was before joining this community. Thanks a lot G@G staff and fellow users :) congrats to BeeNee and best wishes for all the participants.

Game on folks, believe!

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• RainbowFanGirl

One day, I will win this wretched contest, and when that day comes, all of you will know.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1d4b1046fc.jpg

Don't worry though this month this month I'm gonna blow this shit out of the water. 😡

Nonetheless @BeeNee definitely deserves it. NOT because of consistency. 🙄😑 but because she puts out QUALITY takes.

Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

810
  • BeeNee

Thank you GaG and the GaG Community. Many of you have been supportive and have left a kind word or an interesting opinion on my myTakes. I really do appreciate it.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • LittleSally

Congratulations to the winner!
    Thank you for including me. =)

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Saoirse_Nua

Well done @BeeNee - I find myself reading all your stuff with interest - I am a big Take Reader my first port of call every day is to hit the feature page so I see most of the editors' work.

Reply
    • BeeNee

Thanks for being so active in the GaG community @Saoirse_Nua

Your comments are always much appreciated and always given with a positive spin.

• Paris13

Congrats, Everyone!! And as a Writer myself, although not in "My Takes," Keep Going and Flowing!!
    Good luck and Great Work!! xx

Reply
  • Relentless_Hippie

Congrats @BeeNee we might not know each other but I seriously enjoy all of your takes. You're a really great writer.

Reply
    • BeeNee

Thank you very much for the compliment. You've made my day :)

• ManOnFire

Missed some of the action, but now that I'm trying to make time to come back around we'll see how it goes for me again :-)

Reply
  • howardque

Congrats. I just want to say also that Fresh Prince Gif is so funny!!

Reply
  • Luci92

Thanks for the mention and awesome job @BeeNee :)

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Library

Thanks for mentioning me. Maybe one day I'll win.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • ADFSDF1996

Thank you for the mention.

Reply
  • Adigelunar

good''

Reply
  • Waffles731

congrats @BeeNee

Reply
  • smahala1991

One day Ill win it, one day. Maybe

Reply
  • legalboxers

*tips hat* thank you!

Reply
  • Anonymous

I think BeeNee has been a winner before... no? Can someone earn the award more than once?

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Fathoms77

Yes, she won back in February I think. And while we won't give the award to the same Editor back to back, or even only a few months apart, long-term Editors can win it more than once.