What's in the update? Recommended For You, Seeing Likes, and More!

GirlsAskGuys a

Hello G@Gers!

We’re excited to bring everyone five new major updates to the site designed to help you get noticed, find more relevant content, and rack up a new badge! We hope you like them!

Who liked what? See who liked opinions!

"Everyone liked that." Now you'll know who "everyone" is!

Instead of only getting a timely notification of who liked your opinion, now you can see a list of users who liked an opinion. Underneath each opinion with likes on it, there is a clickable text that brings up a list of users who liked it. This means that if several GAGers liked your opinion, you’ll still be able to see all the names, even if the notification message runs out of space to say each one! Opinions others shared also have their likes visible. Rest assured though, users who dislike an opinion are still not shown and the poster is not notified.

“Recommended For You:” A Personalized Page of Content

Computer doggo isn't just barking around. This page is really only
Computer doggo isn't just barking around. This page is really only "fur" you.

Now it’s easier to find content you’ll want to answer! A page titled “Recommended For You” has been added with this recent update under the "Feed" tab. It features personalized content curated by a new algorithm and customized for each user. It’s just for you!

What are the colored frames? Indeed, that is the question.

Having a
Having a "ruff" time getting your question seen? Hopefully this will help!

If a user has asked a question in the last 24 hours, he/she will have an extra circle around their profile picture. Clicking on a circled profile pic will send you to that user's most recent question that you haven't yet seen. In other words, like a notification, it will be cleared once you click on it.

Becoming a Hero! The “Hero Influencer” Page:

O, brave and valiant hero, please answer these questions!

This is a page just for influencers. It is similar to the “Recommended For You” page, but if you share 20 opinions on the page, you’ll get the Hero Influencer badge added to your arsenal.

"What’s Hot?” The Latest Trending Questions

Hello. Yes. This is Dog, and he's here to tell you about the trending icon

On certain questions in the feeds, you'll see a new blue or pink zigzag arrow icon in the upper right. This icon is to show you questions that have been selected as Great and Trending. Keep an eye out as you're browsing through the question feeds! They'll be featured every so often as you scroll further down.

As always, thank you for all the feedback and opinions on the site! We’re happy to hear whenever someone voices their opinion on something that they like or feel could be improved, and it’s these suggestions which help us make future improvements and decisions.

14
28
14Girl Opinion
28Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Boppy

It'd be nice if comment threads could branch like they do in reddit. At least, it'd save me from being notified repeatedly when people get deep into a different conversation when responding to an answer.
    Also, apparently they had quizzes on here. I really dig quizzes, especially if we can decorate our pages with them.
    Finally, a suggestions page may be fun (for me, probably not for your side). I'm just posting suggestions in here for the heck of it.

Is this still revelant?
    • Could you clarify what you mean by a suggestions page? Do you mean like a page to post site feedback / requested features?

• Boppy

Yep, stuff like I posted here. I suppose it may be best to just let people comment on the updates for clutter reasons, but a downside of that would be people's thoughts about the update getting mixed in.

• Twenty2

The poll sucks. Instead of saying how many of the men in total selected that poll, it shows how many men in comparison to women selected that poll.

Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• DooMgirl

That's interesting and all but if you ask me the site design was better in the old days, it was simple , functional

I mean, when you comment on people's answers it all goes into conversations. .. in my opinion that makes it much harder to keep track of 'em, and there's no sort function. . .

Also bring back the uhh. . personality types ( or whatever they were called ), I wana be a gamer again, you can't keep a gamer down

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • ElvenMr

Hah, i still have that profile picture i got when i completed that test years ago. You telling me there was a gamer personality as well?

• DooMgirl

@ElvenMr aye, it was special back then

• Hi, could you clarify what you mean by “conversations.” Do you mean how all the replies under an opinion are shown together as opposed to a branching thread, such Reddit?

• Wonderer89

Recommended questions and mytakes in the middle of questions and mytakes just look like ads. It’s ruins the flow of wanting to read others posts on the topic I’m looking at; by suggesting something else to look at before I’ve finished on this one

What's in the update? Recommended For You, Seeing Likes, and More!What's in the update? Recommended For You, Seeing Likes, and More!
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you for the feedback. We changed the design earlier today to show 2 items as opposed to 4. Does that help address your concern?

• Wonderer89

It’s an improvement but it’s still an unappealing and seemingly unnecessary update. Having suggested questions at the bottom was enough, including them scattered through peoples opinions just looks like ads. People get passed xper 7 expecting ads to be a thing of the past
      Do you like the new update? ↗

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1226
  • Máiiréad

Welp, I know who wrote this post. 😂

Like 6 People
    Reply
  • Ultimate_Gohan

Is it for mobile too?

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • At this time, these features are available only on mobile web and desktop.

• GoodGuyBreakingBad

Thank you for the notification of the updates and thanks for the updates
    well appreciated. I still think that the thumb downs on opinions should
    be limited or something done about it or change it to something else cause
    people are opening up accounts long enough to downvote people or give them
    thumbs down than they close their account.

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
  • Secret6620

How do you add opinions for the hero influencer badge? I clicked the link and there is nothing there for me to do. 🌸💗🌸

Reply
    • BeeNee

If you click on the Hero Influencer page as an influencer, you will see a set of questions. If you leave your opinions on 20 different questions in this section as an influencer, you will obtain and see a badge on your account that says Hero Influencer.

• Secret6620

@BeeNee The Questions are not visible. And how do you get to the heros page on the app? I don't see the option on the app and the option on desktop doesn't have any questions posted yet. 🥺😢

• BeeNee

I don't think you can access the hero page from the app. You'd need to be on desktop. On desktop if you click on feed, then Hero Influencer, you should see a set of questions.

• ret04

I kinda like that you can see who liked the answer. I don't expect that feature to stay, though. Yahoo did that once before and then took it away.

Reply
  • menina

I like these updates. I got notifications when someone likes my opinions, but now with the list it's easier to see who shares my opinion.

Reply
  • Unit1

That's lame.
    It takes the whole "what kind of users upvoted me" out and allows for identification in opinion responses.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Dragonstarterplus

Hmmm how about changing it so someone can't insult you then block you, so you can't reply but their insult is still there?

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • LemiaOfTheCodes

Me and a few other memebers have been talking and have noticed a lack of a system to prevent fake celebrity accounts.

Reply
  • wankiam

thats great but you still need to get rid of the downvote

Reply
  • abc3643

What is the reason for not identifying or notifying dislikes?

Disagree 3 People
    Reply
    • Pretty obvious. Drama.

• abc3643

@ericclayton There are other mechanisms to prevent drama such as muting or blocking.

"Anonymous" should be removed for the same reason.

If you have the balls to say something, then have the balls to say so publicly.

• I agree, but I'm looking at it from the site's POV. FB doesn't have dislikes, and YT doesn't have dislikes anymore. Because snowflakes can't handle dissent.

• MysteriousDarkness

I like being able to see who liked a comment. Does anyone else have recommended questions in the middle of the guys comments section and the girls comments section?

Reply
  • Syrian_survivor

Everyone: Nice update! All these features seem interesting

Me: OMG THE NEWS DOGE IS SO FUCKIN CUTE 😭

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • pizzalovershouse

could expand into more topics like accidents or driving topic cuz most don't cover it so it becomes other

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • ShadowofRegret

I could tell things had changed in my absence, only I did not know what...😑

Reply
  • humanearth

I don't care. I was happy with the just the basics.

Reply
  • LemiaOfThunder

My improvements is remove dead accounts to clean up the feeds. A dierect line to contacts admins or mods.

Reply
    • Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will forward it to our dev team who will consider it as they make changes to the site in the future. You can currently contact Mods/Admins by messaging them or you can message this account directly if you have issues on site.

• Hurdleez-Swampede

Thanks. This is a good improvement and I will be looking forward to more.

Reply
  • Angelina25

That is so cool!

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Show More (18)