7 Reasons Why Nice Guys Will Always Finish Last

This MyTake is obviously attacking the stereotypical self-proclaimed "Nice guys" and not real genuine nice Guys.

1) Victim mentality.

This victim mentality is a sign of weakness. Who wants to be with someone weak who blames all their problems on women and successful confident men?

Nice guys are constantly looking for a scapegoat, someone or something to blame their own lack of success in the dating-world on.

2) Lack of confidence.

We can all agree that lack of confidence is one of the biggest turn offs. Other than rage, anger and bitterness, insecurity and lack of confidence are what most Nice guys have to offer.

3) Bitterness towards women.

Nice guys hate confident women because a confident woman would probably not be interested in an insecure hateful boring man. Therefore they will try to do everything to break a woman’s self esteem .They want to make a woman believe she is just as ugly as they are so she won't leave him for someone in a better league.

Nice guy: Hey woman! Without make up you're ugly and after 25 you're ugly, so you should be thankful that a nice guy like me is giving you attention and willing to be with you! How dare you reject me?

Here are some things that many "nice guys" tend to say and seem to have in common from my internet and real life observations:

- Women look ugly without/with Make up:

Most of the time, it's the least attractive guys who complain the most about makeup. They're most probably jealous of women being able to "fix themselves up" with make up while they (supposedly) can't do anything to fix their ugliness.

Hot Guys are confident enough to know that a woman who enhances her features (and therefore making herself more attractive) won't leave him for someone "better looking".

- Women are Rotten after their 20’s:

What else do most "Nice Guys" have in common? Shaming a woman because of her age. It's a very common strategy used by the self-proclaimed Nice Guys. They're the first to say that women after their 20's are unattractive and that once they pass the 25 years mark, they're past their prime and (therefore) should be choosing from the leftover men (aka, them, the nice guys). They believe that this tactic gives them more chances of scoring someone because a 33 years old woman shouldn't be expecting to date Nick Bateman but instead she should be thankful that a Nice guy gave her some attention because no other man would.

Even worse, unattractive older guys feel the most entitled to a younger "Hot girl" when they, themselves have nothing to brag about look-wise. Given the chance, "nice guys" would be the first to jump on a hot Milf.

- All women are gold diggers:

"Nice guys" usually are the loudest when it comes to voicing their hate towards marriage because "Women only get married so they can screw them over in a divorce and take their money" (chances are they don't even own enough money to really attract a real gold-digger) .
"Nice guys" tend to have this very pessimistic idea of women and view them all as gold-diggers. Why can't they get a woman? Oh silly! It's Because women only like rich men of course!

4) They constantly hate on more successful and attractive guys instead of working on improving themselves.

This is very common with nice guys. They try to bring hotter men down by labeling them all as "Cheaters" and "Shallow" and "Jerks".

Guess what? Attractive, fit guys are not necessarily most likely to be cheaters. Many average or even below average men are cheaters, I see this everyday with the number of times my girlfriends have been screwed over by "Nice Guys". LOOKS AND FIDELITY ARE NOT CORRELATED.

Instead they want us to believe that Hot fit guys are cheaters and this is why us women (specially Hot women of course) should avoid them.

5) Nice guys aren’t really “Nice”

Let me put it this way. Expecting a woman to spread her legs for you and jump in your arms because you say "please and thank you" makes you an opportunistic jerk. This is called simple courtesy and guess what? Even guys you like to call jerks because they're more successful are "Nice" too! But unlike you they don't only rely on courtesy to get girls.

6) "Nice guy" became the new definition of a lazy man without ambitions.

Saying you’re a nice guy basically means you have nothing else to offer except for your “niceness”. No humor, no confidence, no looks, no career/money, no REAL LEGIT kindness and no ambitions.

If you're really nice and have an amazing personality you wouldn't need to constantly remind everyone that you're a Nice Guy.

This guy can be a nice guy...

.....This guy is a jerk.

7) Nice Guys are shallow.

The "Nice Guy" specimen is very shallow. He doesn't even lift and excepts to get the hottest of women. They're usually the ones to set the highest craziest standards for women and feel entitled on getting the Crème de la crème because they have the Oh so unique quality of being nice.

Listen honey, the dating world is competitive like any other world. Hot young women are more likely to be dating young hot men. So stop saying that women are shallow because they won't date you.

I'm not saying that this is a rigidly set rule and average looking people can't successfully date "out of their league" look-wise, but the "average looking" people who indeed date hotter people usually have some other interesting traits to offer, for example real genuine kindness.

(Ps: I'm not implying that Jesse William's wife is unattractive, I find her cute she's just not the stereotypical model type of Hot).

If a hot guy only wants to date a hot girl, at least he worked hard for it (By working out, working on his confidence, having a job,..) the hot girl he wants to date most likely tries to work on keeping herself good looking as-well so she can date the Hot guy. Hard working people deserve to date each-other.

Don't feel entitled to date a woman who works out, takes time to take care of the way she dresses and looks, works on her confidence.... if all you do is lay on your couch all day crying over your fate.

"What? Me? Dating someone who doesn't look like Jessica Alba? How dare you say that? I'm a Nice Guy! I should only date 8's and up!"

Real nice guys DON’T finish last, only bitter lazy, insecure hateful men do.

Thanks for reading, I know this is controversial and chances are I'll get back-lashed but #SorryNotSorry #ShotsFired

106
27

Most Helpful Guy

• ConsultantIsBack
    Lmao love it. Yeah they just go for girls not in their tier, ofc get rejected and think it's because they are nice lol
    Is this still revelant?
    • EvilPimp

But its funny how you'll tell someone to lower their standards aka tier. You can't expect anyone to "lower their tier," people like what they like.

• @EvilPimp Yeah so they have to increase themselves to deliver equally high standards that they expect

• EvilPimp

I don't agree, if that's the case, people blessed with the genetics would have to work just as hard as those who don't. Do you think a person with Idris Elba or Angeline Jolie type genetic looks will have to work as hard as someone with honey boo boo one's? Will they be able to command high standards if they don't fit even the average standards of beauty?

Most Helpful Girl

• lumos
    Is this still revelant?
    • lumos

I'd like to add that "nice guys" are like the epitome of narcissists since they think their ONLY "bad" quality is being nice. Oh sure honey, you're so perfect that it's your perfection that's making you not get any girls. Lmao. There's no chance in hell that it could be because of any other factors.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

26105
  • Fathoms77
    Guys, when oh when will you learn that just about every woman alive wants a BLEND?

I suppose it's just too logical to say, "be what she needs when she needs it." Of course, it's a lot harder than it sounds... ;)
  • cth96190
    The My Take is way off target, but I am so tired of dealing with entitlement princesses that I cannot be bothered answering the points in detail.
    Yes, there are men as described by the author of the My Take, but not many.
    During my teens and 20s I could almost not get a date, not because I was a beta loser, but because most females in that age range wanted oily nightclub players or some version of the sociopathic bad boy.
    About the age of 30 I abandoned the project and walked away. Then, a strange thing happened.
    After I stopped asking women out, or displaying interest in females in any way, women began to hit on me. By the age of 35 women were asking me on dates, or propositioning me for sex. That is still going on, even at my somewhat advanced age.
    It seems that wherever I go women in my age range go out of their way to introduce themselves to me. From time to time, one will be forward enough to ask me for my mobile telephone number, or email address.
    My level of interest was and remains less than zero.
    They can go back to the bad boy in welfare housing who made them tingle in their panties when they were 20.
    I was not 'fun' enough for them then, they are not good enough for me now.
    • Lol, I'm right there with you. I haven't gotten to the point where girls are asking me out yet, but when I do, I will completely disregard them since they didn't think I was good enough for them until they were no longer good enough for their dream guy. I've worked too hard to be the best I can be to be with some woman that would never have considered me in her prime.

• ElissaDido

This is actually enforcing the idea thar all attractive successful men are jerks. It's not true.
      Most women are attracted to nice guys. Nice intersting guys.

• Definitely not saying that all attractive successful men are jerks. In fact most of my friends are attractive successful men and they are wonderful people. What I am saying is that I'm not going to be the low hanging fruit for a girl that would never consider me until her looks fade.

• OpenClose
    I agree with a lot of what you said here. But for the love of all that is holy. Do NOT miss the quotes around "nice guy".

A "nice guy" is not exactly a nice guy. That's what the quotes are for. Sarcasm.

We need to come up with a different term for these guys, and help redirect them. I cannot tell you the emotional struggle I dealt with in high school and early college that quite easily could have been avoided if someone just took the time to clarify things rather than sit back and call me a pathetic pile of rotten flesh. Hell, half of that could have been avoided if someone would have pointed out that "Nice Guy" is a term dripping in sarcasm.

OF COURSE girls like guys who are nice. Actual "good"ness is pretty much always a positive. Hell, the prototypical "Bad Boy" girls refer to is often a rebel with a heart of gold.

I think the spread of this issue is based around the spread of the "PUA" mentality. It is basically how to "get laid" by some chick at a bar without having to emotionally commit to anything. That basically means being so narcissistic that other narcissists can't resist you. Seriously. I have never dated a girl who liked what PUA's call an "alpha male". Do you know who does? The type of girl who values some sort of "confidence" or "social ranking" over being a good person. How laughable.

NEWSFLASH: You don't owe that type of girl anything. Being attractive to that type of girl is not some "high-status accomplishment". Girls can be bitter, damaged jerks, too. If she thinks you aren't a "real man", just accept the compliment of being rejected by the kind of girl who thinks she knows what a "real man" is.
  • cherrymarina
    Yeah, these ''nice'' guys. The reason they fail is because they underestimate us. You have put it quite well. Many are passive agressive, bitchy types. No woman wants to be around a dude like that. On one side we have these fake nice guys and on the other scumbag fuckboys. Only a small number of men fall into the category of good men WE ALL WANT.
    • Jayson101

Maybe some men haven't failed just because they didn't get YOUR attention.

• @Jayson101 awww somebody is butthurt. Good, good. Let the butthurt flow through you.

• Perhaps I have been a little mean in my previous comment :D I have a mean humour, sorry Jayson. On a serious note, you could be right. But we live and we learn right. I respect good, trustworthy men. They know how to disarm my inner bitch :D

• evenlift
    • ElissaDido

I'm not whining though. I'm just pointing somethings I noticed.

• evenlift

Those aren't mutually exclusive. But, you will learn a lot from myTake.

• bobbyxx

It is all women seem to do these days. Whine at men, the way men treat them and winging at men jot being how women say we should be.

• Bandit74
    Well this take is really cliche and overdone but I agree that if all you have to offer is niceness then you're delusional if you think thats enough.

"a hot guy only wants to date a hot girl, at least he worked hard for it (By working out, working on his confidence, having a job,..)
    the hot girl he wants to date most likely tries to work on keeping herself good looking as-well so she can date the Hot guy. Hard working people deserve to date each-other"

Well first I find it funny you admit that a guy needs to be physically fit, confident, and have a decent job to get a hot girl while the girl just needs to keep "herself good looking" to get the hot guy.

Anyways, I disagree. I don't think girls have to work that hard to be hot. Women with the most mass appeal are generally thin with soft curves. It's mostly genetic mixed with ocassional exercise. The ammount of effort the typical hot girl puts into her physique is nothing compared to the effort an equally hot guy had to put into his. Also faces play a huge role in attraction and those are like 80-90% genetic.

As far as confidence, social skills, and wealth are concerned, if you are attractive its easier to be confident and develop social skills, which also benefits you in your professional life. So its all linked back to genetics in my opinion. Sure you have to put in effort as you do with most things but genetics play a huge role.

• madhatters4
    i'm a "nice guy" and literally none of your 7 items describes me.

nice guys are nice because they are kind, thoughtful, selfless. thinking women are gold diggers, having a victim mentality, being lazy, lacking ambition, etc are all things that could describe any guy but certainly not necessarily nice guys
    • Jayson101

The article makes no sense.

• snowangle

That means you're genuinely a nice guy. You're not the stereotypical "nice guy."

• @snowangle but if this article is stereotyping nice guys all the reasons she listed could apply to nice guys, douche guys or anything in between. really the things listed are just types of guys who may have trouble finding a partner not any particular character (nice guy or otherwise)

• desidoll
    I like all of your points especially number 3 and 7. The truth is the 'real' nice guys aren't as many as people think. Most of them are all the self-proclaimed nice guys who whine about how they can't get a girlfriend just because girls go for rich bad guys when they actually go for the girl who is outside their league. I've seen a few men here who say there is no such thing as league which shows that it's okay for them to demand a hot, successful girls though they're broke themselves.
    • I don't get people like you. You say guys should not go after women out of his league but when they don't you say he is a wussy and has low self esteem yet you have no problem with women going after guys out their league. Double standard. And for about 4 years I only went after ugly women since I am ugly. And know I have a girlfriend. Happy now?

• singlebee
    "If you're really nice and have an amazing personality you wouldn't need to constantly remind everyone that you're a Nice Guy"

This is so true... And then good i am not one of those nice guys... Nice take! Ellisa :-)
  • AbandonShip
    Forgive me for being explicit, but this post is UTTER BULLSHIT. You are WRONG. Going into how wrong wrong, sexist, and horribly biased this whole post is would take all day (I originally tried, but decided it wasn't worth it after a few paragraphs). You make me loose hope in Humanity.
    • Jayson101

When you realize that a lot of women are nasty as f*** you stop being too nice to them. The woman in this article clearly extremely sexist and likes cheating assholes, and she's managed to convince herself that being treated poorly is better for her than being treated well. More women think like this than you'd believe. So it does you better to be an asshole around women and nice around men. this article is case in point. You'll learn eventually.

• ElissaDido

@Jayson101 I don' t like self proclaimed pathetic nice guys, doesn't t mean i like jerks

• Jayson101

Most men are jerks. We're only human. We can;t be completely certain of everything we do before we do it, that's a waste of time. Men might as well learn sooner or later not to try and hide it as it does n't get us any rapport and just makes us seem like a snooty moralists. Being actually a good person of good substance doesn't mean chasing around after a pretty woman's beck and call to get sex from them. The fact that women like you punish nice behavior is a clue.

• AbleLearner
    I am not bitter, lazy, insecure, or hateful.

But I have been hated just about everywhere I've ever gone.

Your ignorance will be your downfall.

Confidence is not the problem. Your lying, deceiving attitude toward men is the problem.

I was and am a better man than anyone you've ever known, and God himself will be my witness one day too.

None of you has ever wanted a damn thing to do with me, unless it was for me to solve your problems.

Hey lazy girl, just because I don't make as much money as other guys, doesn't mean I haven't KILLED MYSELF TRYING.

Hey lazy girl, just because I have always been nicer to women than they have ever been to me, doesn't make me weak.

You'd rather a drunk, or a brawler than a thinker, and if he got in a fight with me, I'd drop him like a bad habit, and rebuke YOU to your face for not leaving him sooner.

This "nice guy" wishes I could catch one of your evil son of a bitch boyfriends abusing you, WHICH YOU GO BACK TO LATER, and I'd rip his eyes out with my own bare hands.

But that doesn't matter to you. The number one thing you check on a man's profile is his income, and the last thing you check on his profile is his income too.

I could make a list why, "Seven reasons women who fall for drunks and players aren't worth a damn," but I love you more than that, and you don't give a damn anyway.

By the way, some people are "shy" because they have clinical depression and anxiety, and being rejected by fools like you repeatedly doesn't help, nor does a pill give a man some kind of super-social skills, but you are a fool after all, and one day you will find yourself in a fall too.

As I said on my own thread, women and employers have some things in common; they think a man owes them everything, and they'll can the man at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
  • krash2002
    It's common to believe that the "nice guy" genre that you described. Is truly in alignment with your definition, and from a females perspective. I can understand as to why you came to that conclusion.

Now, I may be off on my thinking, but my perception of why some men who classify themselves as false nice guys. Are men who usually are below average looking, shy, and have seen men who are players, assholes, and manipulators. Take some of the most beautiful women and treat them horridly, but get what they want. They from there inhibit the traits to which you've spoken of and become jaded. Leading towards further despair... yada yada.

I myself grew up and watched women in high school, college, bars, and every day life. Be treated extremely poorly by men who use and abuse them (not physically) and threw them to the curb once they're done. This strained my desires as I wanted to be noticed by such said girls, but couldn't bring myself to treating a woman that way. So, I worked upon myself and strengthened my weaknesses.

The ending conclusion led me to getting my wife, but it took some time and realization that it does take time to aim high and to get what you want. Instant gratification with women is to put yourself above them. For the terms of a successful long term relationship. Taking time to be willing to see them as an equal and be willing to allow yourself to sharpen the edges of your weaknesses, and make yourself better than you once were.
  • Phoenix98
    I don't disagree with anything you've really said on here, I would say though that is goes for women to. As while we have nice guys women have their own version of it.

Remember the more you act like a lady, the more he'll act like a gentleman.

Other then that good take.
  • ManOnFire
    I never really pay any mind to all that nice guy stuff, or take it that seriously. To me it always seems to be that if you have to proclaim yourself as a nice guy then you must be desperate to prove it to a girl or prove that you're worthy of dating.

If I'm a nice guy and I know it, chicks are gonna know it too, and I don't need to shout it to the world. Furthermore, I don't really care whether she or anyone else thinks I'm nice or not, and just being nice isn't enough to date.
  • Beaver19
    I think the first 5,000 nice guy takes will do Hun.

Look you generalize a lot about decent guys, yes of course there are those whiney guys who claim to be great but in the same turn you villainize a man for feeling self conscious and unattractive (which certain factors can't be helped by fitness, I lost my hair to shock when my father died so I'm bald now and no amount of fitness changes what girls think of me) yet then bash them for being disinterested in plain girls. That is a double standard as well. I disagree with the 'go out of their league' no it's not about what's equal, it's about who's attractive to you and you keep going for that period until one says yes, I personally wouldn't date a girl who was even average looking (partially because of what average has become weight wise in the U. S.) however my standards aren't too high, lookup Lindsey Stirling that's the kind of girl I date, small petite cute face etc. so I'm not overly picky but my point is no one should be chastised for having high standards as it's not sort settling on, also I've never heard guys get jealous so much as angry that attractive guys exploit women more, maybe because they have more opportunities to do so but regardless it does happen and we all know women say looks don't matter but are statistically just as superficial as men, not saying that's bad I'm saying guys are more honest about it. Also it does seem ridiculous you don't understand why guys who would truly give all to a beautiful girl feel upset that the guy who abuses them or lays around was born with good looks, don't say jealously is just the trait of men we all know different.

I'm not saying I'm a nice guy and I'm not sticking up for the annoying brats who pull the nice guy card, but GOOD MEN like myself who are honest and have high standards are tired of seeing this as well, it's a genetalization. We are able to have our high standards on a girls body and mind, even if we are bald, or a hunchback, we don't have to tell people how good we'd treat a girl because we KNOW how well we'd treat a girl. We aren't always the most attractive but we know what we stand for and that we don't accept less, there are nice guys out there like you describe but for the most part you and others over generalize those brats into actual good men and that does irk us especially after seeing tons of posts on it. it just makes you come off as complaint full as any one of the 'nice guy' brats you complain about.
  • CasaNorba
    kick ass article sis!

I agree all the way with #5 and thank God you pointed that out. you know mr nice guys always have ulterior motives just like bad boys/jerks do while coincidentally portraying the role as being the mr nice guy themselves. but this one goes even deeper as this is one thing that rapists and even serial killers use to trap their victims
  • Rock_Steakface
    Well, you heard the woman, guys. Drop any pretense of being nice and embrace the Dark Triad. Don't know what that is? Fear not! Rock Steakface has got you covered!

The Dark Triad describes three traits: machiavellianism (manipulative attitude), narcissism (excessively high opinion of oneself) and psychopathy (lack of empathy - although this is technically called sociopathy in modern psychological terms). In other words, don't be afraid to lie/cheat/steal, be as arrogant as possible and learn to give no fucks about it. If it sounds evil, you're not Dark Triading correctly.

Don't take my word for it, though! Ask your local drug dealer how much the *COUGH* "ladies" respond to him and his general psychotic behavior. Ask Harley why she returns to the Joker time and again. You all know of at least one woman who repeatedly goes back to an abusive relationship when there is a "nice guy" willing to treat her with some dignity. DON'T BE THAT GUY. Let her go and practice your newfound Dark Triad skill set on a fresh target.

Or if you have a conscience that refuses to die no matter how much you smother it to death, just skip the whole thing and do something that actually makes you happy. They're both fine choices.
  • Prof_Don
    "4) They constantly hate on more successful and attractive guys instead of working on improving themselves."

This is the most important point of the whole Take.

Making oneself look as attractive as possible is something EVERYONE should do, and hygiene should be top notch with no exceptions.

Talking to women is a social skill that CAN be learned... but these guys would rather bitch and complain that work on themselves.
  • Namelessface
    See, I don't understand your view of hot people only dating hot people. I think it's more along the lines of shallow people only dating shallow people. Years of comparing myself to other people have taught me this: there are literally endless amounts of beautiful people physically out there. It's what's on the inside that matters.
  • the_rake
    Yes, because all nice guys are boring, unattractive, unassertive, entitled, fake nice nerds... and this kind of take has not become boring or old whatsoever. You know, I might just do another satire take...
  • TayTay21
    Wow, that's a pretty big axe you're grinding there. If you got out and met some real guys you might not be so bitter about them.
    • ElissaDido

Lol most girls wouldn't date self victimized whiny guys, go ahead there are plenty of them for you

• TayTay21

Like I said, you should be wary of your own hypocrisy when you're whining about whiny guys. Everyone complains, guys and girls alike. You spent about 1000 words complaining in this article alone.

• I agree with you, women whine about guys all the time and women don't think they are bitches but when it a guy does it he is an asshole. Double standard

• Supersonic_Sex_Ninja
    All you have to be is hot lol
    You might not ever end up in a real functional relationship, But you are gonna get easy pussy for a good while.
    And if you can;t be hot you gotta learn how to manipulate and dominate vulnerable women somehow. It's so simple, Don't know why people can't figure this out. But hopefully, Everyone meets that special someone, Even if seems impossible sometimes.
    • ElissaDido

Not really... Not every hot person dates a fellow hottie, but they don't date loser who keep on hating and crying instead of working to improve themselves.

• Anybody can be in love for a few months, Or even a few years. And you always think it's gonna last forever during the good times.
      But making it when shit gets real is what counts. Staying together after the excitement wears off and through all the drama, fights, and temptations. That's why i say hopefully everyone meets that special person, But it takes pretty much a miracle to really find love.
      But i get what you're saying, Screw the dysfunctional crybabies and fakers in life :P

• Mayamoon02

Temptation isn't even an option in my relationship cause we can both get sex easy. It has no value and is cheap. Love is priceless.
      We know it will last because of the bad times... That special someone doesn't come dipped in gold.

• Narset
    "Hey, you know what hasn't been said and done to death since 2011? The nice guy meme, why don't I make ANOTHER self-indulgent write-up on it where I stroke my ego because I'm a strong woman! I'm under 30 and can only think about sex and relationships! Social media! Yes!"

I'm serious, what cretinous pieces of shit are you even hanging out with that genuinely act and think this way? And I don't just mean confused outliers or dudes who did things you just didn't improve of, I mean 100% believes: "I'm nice, therefore I deserve sex"? What country could you imagine this person living in with a viewpoint like this? Saudi Arabia, maybe?

Some of the people on this site just lead such wildly different lives to myself, apparently. Or maybe you're just so disconnected from reality as a whole that you think this is more common than it is. OR maybe you go out looking for this sort of thing to piss yourself off, I really don't know, but it feels like getting kicked in the head by a horse repeatedly. I feel so fucking sorry for men who are in their 20's, right now, imagine dating women who write things like this.
    • Narset

approve* of, that is

• lazermazer

You are 💩 and racist

• Narset

@lazermazer Shit I pissed off the one Saudi Arabian guy on GaG.

It's fucking true, deal with it Ahmed.

• Cccgala
    Acting nice for the sole sake of girl baiting isn't 'nice'.
    Stereotyping is NEVER 'nice'.
    Thinking so lowly of himself isn't 'nice'.

So what makes these guys 'nice', huh? Why are they called as such?
    Your take is sooo spot on!
    • Rimahj

That isn't what a real nice guy is.

• Bluemax
    Looking for something new here... looking real hard... nope.
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../673.gif
  • kelvinmed
    I can't stand to listen to guys who claim to be nice guys but don't hear themselves. They ruin it for the real nice guys 👅. In all seriousness you're a pussy if you can't man up to your own bullshit and this is for all the bullshit tees that will get defensive and claim women are shitty. Fuck y'all
  • Klara-Hitler
    another girl whining about nice guys. what an original post.

I posted my opinion on here.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1934672-are-nice-guys-worse-than-players

A Bandit74's question.

I haven't changed my mind since then. I probably never will.
  • cmale123
    this is stupid coming from 20 years girl don't know crap about relationship. There a lot nice guy out getting girls. Just retarded picky guy can't get any girl. See a little flaw in a girl, there you go she not for me. I used to be like. the part girl don't like about a nice guy is he too nice. Everyone love and like him but when relationship comes. The girl hate it. They always claiming wanting the man.
  • RainbowFanGirl
    I think g@g had skewed your perception of nice guys. 😛 This has never occurred in real life to me, only online.
  • funny_strange_man
    1)
    2) Lack of confident - Are you trying to say that a guy can not be nice and confident?
    3) Bitterness towards women - You think all nice guys hate confident successful women. Does it mean nice guys want unsuccessful unconfident women? You are basically saying that all nice guys do not like how a women looks naturally. My girlfriend barely wears make up and when she does it is for special occasions ( date night, weddings, new years etc) I love how she looks naturally and let her know that everyday. She is 13 years older than me.
    4) They constantly hate on more successful and attractive guys instead of working on improving themselves - Are you saying the ones who try to improve themselves are not nice?
    5) Nice guys aren't really "Nice" - If nice guys aren't nice then over all they weren't nice to begin with.
    6) "Nice guy" became the new definition of a lazy man without ambitions - you are saying when a guy says he is a nice guy then he has no humor, no confidence, no looks, no career/money, no real legit kindness and no ambitions. What are guys called you have those things.
    7)
    • I hot the submit too soon
      1) Victim mentality - A lot of nice guys are the opposite of it
      7) Nice guys are shallow - are you saying if a guy lifts he can not be a nice guy?

• brain5000
    Am I old fashioned for hanging on to the notion that a "nice guy" is simply a guy who expects to earn the love of a woman through servile, fawning behavior? Because that guy thinks he's "working" for it and "earning" it.
  • Jmart101
    This is funny and true. Only the title is misleading. This should be labeled as "weirdos finish last".

This is my take on relationships... Nice women deserve nice men and bad women deserve bad men; vise versa.
  • AleDeEurope
    It's sad that now describing a guy as nice is seen as a negative thing.
    It's also sad that now describing yourself as a nice guy is seen as fake and automatically assumed that you're just another loser that isn't really a nice guy.

Anyways, I do agree that fake nice guys will always finish last, cause they're basically wolves disguised as sheep. If bad guys are bad, bad guys lying about being nice is even worse.

By the way, I disagree with the "hot guys are ok with makeup" cause I bet everything I have that a hot guy won't date an ugly chick that looks good with makeup. If you're ugly without makeup, it doesn't matter how good you look with it, no hot guy is gonna be with you. Hot guys are ok with makeup if those girls are still hot without it, cause in the end, you're gonna see that girl without makeup more often than with, so you want her to be attractive 24/7.
  • John_Doesnt
    I hope to God this is a joke or a guy using a girl's account to troll us. This definitely sounds like something a guy would post out of anger towards some woman.
    Your myTake bashes women about as bad as it bashes guys. You're basically admitting that all women are bitches and only want a hot guy with lots of money.
  • Whizzy83
    Sorry if a nice guy took you're girl. Wow you some hate for the nice guys. My female friends always tell me about why there boyfriends are not nice. They want to date me but I know better then to date girls in relationships. I'm sorry if one of these assholes who pretending to be nice took your girl, really am.
  • hxcp1
    just be hot. Straight from the horses mouth guys

JUST. BE. HOT. Easy.

Just grow to 6'3
    Just grow your cheekbones
    Just grow a chiseled jaw
    Just grow a great hairline

Just do it. What's the problem?
  • cjmtherfcker
    "No humor, no confidence, no looks, no career/money, no REAL LEGIT kindness and no ambitions."
    women never miss out on dating oppurtunities for most these things except looks.
    Hard to imagine me telling a girl she needs to get in the gym and loose some weight if she ever expects to have a decent person.
    I believe a man that did that would be called SHallow.
    Lookin for those traits is why women are bitter, because they focus on that superficial bullshit instead of what really matters.
    Honesty, loyalty, respect, Unselfishness.
    • ElissaDido

Actually I agree with this. If a woman expects to date a fit guy she should also take care of her body otherwise it would be hypocritical

• somebodysaycheese
    I feel like this whole " nice guy" thing only exists online. IRL guys could be nicer but then again so could a lot of girls.
    • BINGO!! People only talk about the fake nice guys and not the fake nice women

• mrrapperguy
    I mean, yeah, it is what it is, but it's usually a maturity thing, and the fact that the generation of yesteryear kind of indoctrinated "nice guys" with their 1940s-esque chivalry while they were growing up, not excusing it, but there are a variety of factors
  • RaggaMon
    I think it's gone too far now and a "nice guy" is actually just a little bitch, not a normal nice guy. Whatever the case may be, one thing's for certain: WOMEN LOVE ASSHOLES AND CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES!!! lel
  • ZeatZed
    Shouldn't we differentiate the two then because both are still called nice guys. I'm not very creative so I'll leave that to someone suited for the task.
  • shinyunicorn
    story time: when I was in a co-ed boarding school, I had a guy friend and we were pretty close, and I starting noticing he has a crush on me, and then one day he finally asked me out, I got freaked out because it was the first time someone asked me out in years lol. then I tried to explain I liked us as friends, and I don't want a boyfriend at the moment.
    then a few hours later, I was going to sleep, when suddenly I hear screaming and crying from the hallway, I know it's him but I choose to ignore it and just go to sleep because 1) I'm tired as fuck 2) he's a bit of a drama queen.
    then my friend wakes me up and explains to me he's really sad because apparently I'm the love of his life (psa we were both 15) and she told me I have to get up and talk to him /right now/ because apparently he's too upset.

"nice guys" are just toddlers in the body of a grown man, someone told you 'no'? throw a tantrum and act like it's the person's fault!
  • JRICHARDS1996
    Lol it would be a lie if I did not admit to meeting at least a few of those things. But to be fair, I have actually encouraged "nice" guys to better themselves in my own Takes and criticized them for blaming their lack of affirmative action on others. I also have a 4.0 GPA and am working toward my ambitions. One thing I agree with is that being nice does not entitle you to sex, though one thing I find very unfair and downright evil about many women is the way they will deliberately have sex only with guys who are not nice, while choosing not to have it with the guys who are genuinely nice to them.
    • Bluemax

"downright evil "

Evil? Wow.

• lumos

Yeah, women are pure evil for having their own preferences when it comes to sex and not rewarding nice guys with sex.
      Newsflash, it's not "unfair", they're free to have sex with whoever they want, and reject whoever they want. That's life.

• bobbyxx

Don't worry women reap what they sow. Translated this Take is 7 good reasons not to respect women.

• Azgeda
    Oh yeah?
    Let me give you one reason why nice guys always finish lasts.
    Cos he makes sure she finishes first.
    *mic drop*
  • soschris
    The summary of this article is that nice guys are guys who lack confidence and aren't really that nice. What about the ones that are. Why do women complain about the bastards they go out with instead of taking a look at a wider diversity of men?
  • TatyanaTheEmpress
    Hmm, it's true, but only for self-proclaimed "nice guys". Real nice guys are not like that. Very good mytake :)
  • Nothanks700
    Omg, I have been wanting to find a way to respond to these whiny guys on GAG for weeks! This is a freaking fantastic MyTake, very well done!!!
  • genuinlysensitive
    Wow what a load of absolute crap. The only redeeming line is "Real nice guys DON’T finish last, only bitter lazy, insecure hateful men do." Maybe do your mytake on that instead of spending the entire time bashing nice guys and saying the EXACT OPPOSITE of that line.

I for one am sick and tired of women bashing nice guys, if a guy says he is nice, but it turns out he isn't than you don't hate nice guys you hate LIARS.

Just like if a guy says he is single, and it turns out he is married, do you turn around and bash married men? NO! You say you hate lairs who lie about being single. You need to apply that same truth to nice guys and liars!
  • mattty
    Ehm reasons 2-7 doesn't sound like a nice guys to me. So basically this isn't a list about nice guys.
  • Spermdumster666
    Nice guys are so whiny and pathetic and seem to think that by being "friends" they somehow have dibs on a girls vagina.