Boyfriend called me a trophy, is that a good thing to call a girlfriend?

He just called me that once on text, he usually calls me babe, baby and his cousin and him refer to me as either "wife" or "lady." Just a bit unsure because I dated someone way back and they meant "trophy wife" which I hate, so I am unsure how to take that.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My man calls me that a lot of times.
    It means you're the girl he doesn't have to paper bag when he's introducing to his family/friends.
    He's proud of your appearance.
    You're nice to look at.
    Of course he sees you MORE than a trophy... because he's in a relationship with you.
    But why can't he simply admire you for being beautiful?

1|1
    0|0
    • I am glad it's meant that way. I was unsure because when I heard it my mind went "trophy wife" which is a turn off for me. When I see you put it that way I now understand. Thank you :)

• No problem :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• It usually is a pejorative, but I don't think your boyfriend used it in that context. He probably meant you are a trophy in the sense that he's lucky to have you and that he had to work hard to get you for himself.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it's a SMART thing to call your lady, as she can see it as a "he only likes my looks" type thing. I'm sure that's not what he meant and instead meant it in the way that he's extremely proud that you're his.

0|0
    0|0
  • it means, in most man languages, he won you, you're his, which is very VERY bad, he should be seeing you as a gift or as his blessing instead, you should talk to him about this.

0|0
    0|2
  • I'm not sure, I think that it may have a certain tinge of objectification to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sits there collecting dust. doesn't do anything. Trophy

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm what do you think? LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • That's horrible.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't see it as great thing he could have told you something else like a blessing or something. A trophy sounds meh to me and like I am an object which I am not. Anyway ask him what he meant if you want a clear answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means you make him feel like a winner but it's not very classy cuz women aren't a prize to be won

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes