Boyfriend called me a trophy, is that a good thing to call a girlfriend?

He just called me that once on text, he usually calls me babe, baby and his cousin and him refer to me as either "wife" or "lady." Just a bit unsure because I dated someone way back and they meant "trophy wife" which I hate, so I am unsure how to take that.

37

Most Helpful Girl

• My man calls me that a lot of times.
    It means you're the girl he doesn't have to paper bag when he's introducing to his family/friends.
    He's proud of your appearance.
    You're nice to look at.
    Of course he sees you MORE than a trophy... because he's in a relationship with you.
    But why can't he simply admire you for being beautiful?

• I am glad it's meant that way. I was unsure because when I heard it my mind went "trophy wife" which is a turn off for me. When I see you put it that way I now understand. Thank you :)

• No problem :)