Do you think the way men go from nice to hostile when they find out a girl is trans is indicative of men only caring about women because of vaginas?

For example in the story above, this girl is trans and she was seeing a guy who was constantly wanting to date and see her. She eventually told him she was trans to get rid of him and he goes from lovely dovey, I want to see you to hostile in 100. In addition to that, he tries to threaten her by outing her to the entire town and when she went to the gym yelled loudly and told everyone she was a man and even attempted to have her thrown out.

Now, there are many stories of men negative attitude towards transwomen with them going from being very kind to total monsters towards them when they find out. In addition, even on gag many men on her refer to transwomen as "it" or refer to them as mentally sick and try to treat them as subhuman.

And the only difference between transwoman and CIS is a natural vagina. So can male attitude towards transwomen and hostility in general be a clear indicator that the prior motive for most men being nice to women is because they have a vagina and men just pretend to be really nice to get access to it for reproduction and sex?
  • YES
  • NO
This is not about dating transgender women or forcing straight men to date transwomen. This is about men going completely psycho and aggressive when the girl does not have a vagina.
Trans women do not pretend to be women, they consider themselves women. Also, seeing how violent men get when transwomen reveal they are trans they are justified in not giving information immediately until they know who they are dealing with. Lastly, unless a transwoman is going to sleep with you then she does not need to reveal her status as trans. Do you think a woman you come up and flirt with needs to tell you right away she is HIV+?

440

Most Helpful Guys

• No, it's because no one wants to be deceived.

I have ZERO interest in males, even if they've been surgically altered to appear female. And no amount of surgery or hormones will make a man a female, or a woman a male. While I support your right to do as you wish with your body, it doesn't obligate me to like it.

There are plenty of people who are attracted to trans folks. I'm not one of them, and I suspect that neither are the majority. As a trans person, you should respect that and be up-front about things. I'm not someone who would be hostile or violent, but some people would be (right or wrong), so you are taking a foolish risk by not being up-front.

But the big takeaway is: just because you alter your body to appear as the opposite gender does NOT obligate anyone to be attracted to you. If you believed otherwise, you were/are mistaken.

• I'm not trans.

• Re: your update -

Men don't care what plumbing some random person has. They DO care if a trans person pretends to be a woman when they were born a man and engages them in a romantic or sexual way. That's deception, and no one wants to be deceived.

A trans "woman" is NOT a woman, and that's never going to change. No amount of political correctness is going to change that.

• "Trans women do not pretend to be women, they consider themselves women."

That may be, but that does not make them women. And that's the root of this problem: WANTING to be something doesn't make you that thing.

Otherwise, THIS guy would be a lizard:

And this woman would be a cat:

The man believes he's a lizard, and the woman believes she's a cat. They've both had cosmetic surgery and other alterations. Did that make the guy reptile, or the woman a feline? No.

Trans surgery and hormones are the same thing: it may change your outward appearance, but it does not make you the opposite sex. That's reality. Anyone who believes otherwise is deceiving themselves, and may go on to deceive other people - some of whom aren't likely to take the deception well.

• 'And the only difference between transwoman and CIS is a natural vagina.'

Wrong. How about genetics? How about fertility? How about the way they process information? How about the way they relate to the world?

You are the one who has reduced women to nothing but a vagina here.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because having a vagina not makes every men to care about you. There are many other things men search in women.

On the other hand, some people really want to experience pregnancy (of themselves for women or their partner for men). Other people just can't understand why someone would not enjoy their own body as it is and assume that someone who has gone through that experience must have a lot of traumas and issues, therefore must be a complicated person. People tend to avoid complications.

• With the upload, I don't see beign hostile is justified in any case. I understand a sudden disinterest, but not beign hostile. I never had to deal with this situation, so it's hard to specify when to tell, but surely someone should tell if they are sure they want something with that person. Also feel that person should test a bit the other person talking about a related topic, so that way can predict if the reaction is going to be awful or not. In case it feels it's going to be awful start to ignore him slowly and show disinterest. In case it feels he's not going to be hostile, tell.