People who complain about wearing a mask, score high on sociopathy - the science is in!

Anonymous

This will no doubt be divisive. Mocked by mask complainers, no doubt. They tend to be anti science anyway, amongst other traits.

But for the rest of us, this will be somewhat interesting. Because it provides substantive support for the (perhaps hidden) belief that our angry neighbors are more than a little sociopathic and lacking in basic empathy. Because they put their own minor convenience ahead of the lives of their fellows and use all sorts of lies to justify that selfishness.

Source : https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886920305377

New research from Brazil has found that people who are unconcerned with adhering to measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 tend to display higher levels of traits associated with antisocial personality disorder, also known as sociopathy. The findings have been published in the journal Personality and Individual Differences.

Researchers found that those who scored higher on measures of callousness, deceitfulness, hostility, impulsivity, manipulativeness, and risk-taking tended to be less compliant with COVID-19 containment measures, such as socially distancing, washing hands frequently, and wearing a facemask in public. Participants with greater empathy, on the other hand, tended to be more compliant with COVID-19 containment measures.

Masks work - and save lives, despite what the sociopaths claim.

“Our findings indicated that antisocial traits, especially lower levels of empathy and higher levels of Callousness and Risk-taking, are directly associated with compliance with containment measures. These traits explain, at least partially, the reason why people continue not adhering to the containment measures even with the increasing numbers of cases and deaths,” the researchers said.

“Exposing oneself and others to risk, even when it can be avoided, is a typical trait for people with antisocial tendencies, and with low levels of empathy.”

This new study from Brazil, matches the findings already found and reported from similar studies done in the United States and Poland.

If you know people like this in real life, it's about time you realized that they are not just assholes. They are sociopaths. Treat them accordingly.

19
72

Most Helpful Girls

• CuteNerd9
    First, I believe you've misunderstood the study. At least you've misrepresented it in the wording of your question. Its that people who score higher tend to be less likely to comply with the mask order. Not that people who complain about the mask order score higher. Of course people with lower levels of empathy are going to put their needs and comfort above others, but that doesn't mean everyone who fails to comply with the mask order has low levels of empathy. Of those that are against the mask orders, I believe there are three main groups.

1. Yes, people who just don't like them and don't care. But I don't think this is the main group.

2. People who are concerned about governmental control. I believe this is probably the largest group. At least anecdotally with the people I know and where I live. Its more of a concern that the government is testing its limits regarding public compliance. It has nothing to do with putting their comfort over the safety of others. There's plenty of evidence to support this concern as well.

3. People who have medical/psychological issues with wearing a mask. I am in this category, with possibly a little from category 2. Wearing a mask causes me to have panic attacks. Intellectually I know I can breath, but my body reacts as if I can't. So I wear a mask, but under my nose to prevent having a panic attack.
    Is this still revelant?
    • There is another group who have read detailed scientific studies and do not believe there is a reason to wear a mask. 1. Its death rate is similar to the flu. 2. Cloth masks do nothing. High risk individuals should wear n95 masks. 3. Nobody even claims the masks will stop anything, its to flatten the curve but hospitals are not overwhelmed anywhere where i live and so whats the point of flattening a flat curve?

This and then add in both 1 and 2. They are dumb uncomfortable do nothing and government needs to stay out of my fucking business.

• yeah.. my wife is autistic.. She has trouble with masks because of the way they feel, and the routine change.. It causes her to have meltdowns and panic attacks.. So she does not wear one.. And i am from the @bamesjond0069 category.. I will not submit to government control. I tested negative for covid.. who the hell am i protecting... I do what i have always done, i keep my distance from people, i wash my hands. i dont touch my face.. And if masks are required for me to do business i will grudgingly wear them.. But otherwise i simply will not.

• pleasestopthis
    I hate the mask, as it is very uncomfortable, but I wear it out of respect for everyone and for myself.
    People who refuse to comply are extremely selfish and disregarding of other people's rights.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I’m the exact same way

• chapawapa

Yup. Agree

• Joindaclun

Other people’s rights?
      It’s my right not to wear it

Your the selfish one not respecting my right not to wear one and trying to force me to wear something I don’t want to

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous
    They tell people to wear a mask, to wash their hands, to socially distance, and to stay at home. But no one is holding press conferences emphasizing the sheer importance of vitamin D3 blood levels. No one is talking about the fact that many oxidative therapies kill and prevent the virus without any side effects. No one is talking about the fact that the mortality rate could potentially be reduced by about 50% if people had enough vitamin D3 in the blood. No one is talking about the fact that if you become iodine sufficient, viruses and bacteria are weakened as your blood passes through the thyroid every 15 minutes.

No one is talking about BHT antiviral effect, lauric acid, monolaurin, selenium, zinc, magnesium. There is no mention of the fact that people with low glutathione levels are more vulnerable to Covid-19. Even vitamin C levels drop severely in every single Covid-19 case...

Nutrition and the immune system are the way, but it is ignored and other things are pushed... like masks. If nutrition was at the forefront of all advice, and then they talked about the importance of masks, it would make sense. But ignoring the immune system, and the fact that the entire health system focuses on toxic drugs that act as an immune system surrogate means you should be asking yourself why.
    Is this still revelant?
    • msc545

Another internet Doctor speaks. Complete bullshit.

• @msc545 How do you know they are not a doctor?

• msc545

@Chriscunning I really hope that person isn't a doctor. If they are, I certainly wouldn't wanna be there patient.

• bluetoblack99
    This makes total sense. Some people are just rude period.

I’m a conservative but I’m not an anti masker. But it’s debatable if it really helps or not (Fauci said the opposite months ago). People are more pissed off about the government subjectively shutting down their businesses as “non essential” when they weren’t a high risk place to begin with.

I know a woman who had here rejuvenation clinic that could have at most 10 people in the entire office shut down. She had her dream evaporated. It’s bullshit like that which has people pissed off. There is a also a much deeper agenda on to purposely harm American enterprise to bring socialism to the United Stated which is heinous bullshit.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1770
  • sejla
    Well I"m getting antisocial from all the non mask wearers. It's hard to go anywhere. I had a lab tech draw blood last week and his mask dropped past his nose down to his mouth. None of the employees in the lab had their noses covered.
  • chris0977
    Kim Jong-Il also scored a hole-in-one on every hole in 18 rounds of golf and, I believe, invented the cheeseburger, according to North Korea.

Some of us are skeptical because institutions have a long history of abusing society, yet, when a different position is taken, even by doctors w/ decades of experience, the most powerful (not necessarily more knowledgable, but in positions of authority), use money and power to attempt to crush those who don't agree w/ what they deem "science".

I didn't see governors during COVID saying, "We recognize you have businesses, we'd like to shut everything down, but realize this isn't realistic, as, either way, there will be problems, lets talk, to make sure we fully understand the situation of those we're affecting before making decisions, and work together to find common ground."

Reality, often, was: "Here are the facts of those in positions of authority (again, not necessarily intellectually superior, but power), all who disagree will be fined, or jailed."

Given The threat & intimidation method was far more common than listen to everyone's position, find compromise, I would argue to question who the sociopaths are.
  • WindAtMyBack
    OMG!
    Another study!

It doesn't mean a thing. Those studies NEVER mean a thing. The science is in? Wrong.

That is not science. If you want to call that science, then you have a lot of explaining to do about all the "science" over the years that totally contradict each other, or turn out later to be wrong.

You can find a "study" for just about anything, with any result. People seriously need to stop paying attention to those studies. The media seriously needs to stop plastering the news with them.

If you want real science, you need a heck of a lot more than the latest study.

This is not only about this study or topic. It's the same with a whole lot of subjects. The most common "latest study" thrown around by the media usually has to do with diet. So everyone goes out and changes their diet because of the latest study. Then a couple of years later it's a completely different fad based on some new "study".

On top of that. This is mostly psychology which is so unscientific it doesn't even deserve to be called science. There are hard sciences and soft sciences. Psychology is about as soft as it gets.

Yes, the people who support the COVID sanctions tend to think with feelings and emotions. And that's exactly what is wrong. They aren't thinking with their brains. They are not thinking rationally. They are unable to see a larger picture, because of their "feelings".

If I have a choice of making decisions based on feelings and emotions vs rational thought, I'm going with rational thought. Absolutely that is cold. It MUST be cold. For the same reason doctors and nurses put distance between themselves and their patients. It would tear them up if they let their feelings and emotions get in the way. They would not be able to function and make the decisions they need to make.

Anyone who can't suppress their feelings and emotions should not be part of the decision making process, because they are not qualified.
    • over 75% of all published studies in the social sciences turn out to be false

• Kurαȷ
    From the moment an anti-masker opens their mouth, it's blatantly obvious that they aren't right in the head.

So I'm pretty sure that the findings of this study won't really surprise any decent and sensible individual.
  • Levin
    These aren't some surprising results since there tends to be a dichotomy between individualism and being community/'spiritually' orientated. People become grotesquely orientated towards one or the other, both extremes are unhealthy.

Might be a bit trite, but charity begins at home. Respect yourself first, before you can expect to respect other people. There may be a dichotomy, but just because there is a dichotomy doesn't mean that one pole is inherently better than the other. Individualism is important, as is community orientation. Each individual tends towards one of the other, a fully integrated person finds both to be important. Our society is in tatters because of fragmentation and false dichotomisation.

Let's go back to what we know. The science says that masks probably don't have that much benefit either way. Just because you have some dummy in an artificial environment in false conditions limiting the amount of water vapour that is expelled, doesn't mean that actually means anything in real world conditions with a tiny virus that probably escapes through each sneeze and exhalation anyway. Is it really possible to quantify how much benefit that has. And if you question this idea does that mean you're irresponsible and believe the virus doesn't exist? These are just pathetic social shaming tactics. They're another tool of division, divide and rule. How has this issue become so politicised? We should always question experts and authorities, because what we scientifically know for certain is very little. Personally, I don't think having a damp breeding ground rag over my face for 12 hours a day makes a huge amount of difference either way. We know that it's stale environments where people are in close quarters that are the real breeding grounds transmission wise. Does that mean I don't take the risk seriously and try and mitigate risk? Of course it doesn't. It's called nuance and middle ground. I think the masks are stupid and I don't believe they work. You know what I do instead? I don't go out to any social activities in the evening. There is my responsibility and sacrifice.

But conform if you like. I'm beyond giving a fuck. Fuck your authorities. They've done nothing but abuse us.

Besides, these masks are likely politically motivated more than anything. It's so that the economy can open up and that they can give some false sense of security. And there probably is something more nefarious and symbolic in an item of clothing where you're gagged.

Just to reiterate. Masks do fuck all. People mingling and fuck each other in stale environments. That's the issue.
    • Levin

And yes, this isn't the best written. Because I've just had numerous 12 hour shifts. As I stated to a co-worker, 'there's less mingling in a brothel'. But hey, if it's good for business... That's really what the agenda is...

• Dalisay
    Your first two paragraphs have entirely different meanings. Are you misinterpreting the data? It's only natural that sociopathic people would be less compliant. But that statement is not reversible. Media and politicians do this all the time, along with implying that correlation is causality. It drives me crazy. Also, for every "study" that says masks work, I can find one that suggests they don't. The "science" is settled is usually a political statement.
    • joeblow123

@Dalisay

I've heard that the masks are more of a hindrance than of any beneficial use due to germs accumulating in the masks.

• @joblow123 ya heard wrong.

• So why do doctors wear masks in surgery?

• genericname85
    have you ever heard the word "denunciation"? that's when you try everything to throw every shit you can find at people whose opinion you don't share. often in favor of a a certain agenda.

this paper very clearly does that as it loads the comparison variables with negative connotations to then just shit all over the people who disagree calling them all those negative labels they created.

so maybe you're not really that experienced with actually reading scientific papers. but i don't just read the conclusion and take what they said as granted. i'll explain something to you that the layman will maybe have overseen:

so look at the notes to table 6. we're talking about an r² of 0,034-0,12 at best, which means that only 3-12% in the vairance of the variable could be explained with this model, which is not a lot.

furthermore we're talking about BIVARIATE regression here... bivariate regression is not very meaningfull. you correlate those 8 traits each with the likelyhood of compliance, ignoring all the other variables that cause people to display complying or rebelling behavior. as shown in the r² values, there's still up to 93% unexplained variance in the variables that are taken into consideration. from my experience with creating MULTIVARIATE regression analysis (which can score way more valid results and higher r² values), adding just a few variables with higher adjusted r²-values can quickly reduce the significance of the previously found variables to nothing. but of course if you want the significance levels to stay high, you just leave out the control variables. that way you optimize your significance levels for whatever you want your study paper to say.

and then the largest and heaviest nail in the coffin that every statistics 101 student is told in the first days: correlation does NOT mean causation. so the statement made in the paper "These traits explain, at least partially, the reason why people continue not adhering to the containment measures" is factually wrong.

just cause it's science doesn't mean it's true. there's a lot of bullshit out there today. specially around corona, making claims that are wrong or just not coherent with the data rised.
  • Kaneki05
    Funny how science already proved masks don't work and it's literally the reason masks were made illegal to use in hospitals apart from N95 and the new ones they made after and made it so that everyone had to wear these masks because the others don't actually offer that much protection Nvm that the mask has to fit your face type and nvm if you have facial hair. So maybe do some research into science might help.
    • Kiroi

Then what should we use to avoid infected people from spreading the virus when they cough? Hazmat suits?

• Kaneki05

umm a N95 duh but good luck getting one

• Kiroi

I have a KN95 which is basically the same

• DrippingHoney
    Actually, the science on whether or not wearing a mask does anything to stop the spread of COVID is mixed. So to say that people who are against wearing masks are "anti-science" is a misnomer. They might just be against the scientific studies that you believe are accurate.
  • ThomasTKay
    Complete and total BS! If anything, it's the other way around. All these virtue signaling people who think they are actually doing a service to shame and yell at others for not wearing a mask and who choose to not buy into the COVID scam. They lost their shit over something that's lesser than a common cold! Yet they try to force their misery of wearing a mask onto everyone else so they can have company in their sociopath like insanity!
  • jshm2
    While i agree with you on the sentiment. I don't think it's a good time to be making more enemies - especially of neighbours.

Wear you mask, wash your hands and keep a distance when out. Protect yourself and leave them to their risk taking if they want to play with their lives.
  • 1truekhaleesi
    Of course these people do. Even if we find out years from now that masks didn't work. Who cares? They're a minor inconvenience but losing a loved one to covid-19 is a lifetime of trauma. I've already had 2 family members test positive. Obviously masks aren't 100% effective, but they help and we need all the help we can get.
    • gotc147

What if they were telling you to report to "virus containment facilities" where you would be kept until they declared it safe?

• @gotc147 rather go to a virus containment facility than prepare for a funeral. Wouldn't be the first time the government has kept humans in a cage. Or children.

• gotc147

And that is why I don't wear the mask.

• MannMitAntworten
    Wait... doesn’t “anti-social” behavior mean they intentionally do not mingle with other humans? As in avoid them in general? The non-mask wearers seem to be quite social so I am wondering whether the terminology is correct or meant for labeling effect?
  • FatherJack
    What a load of bollocks..." the science is in " ... yeah , my arse !! This is about CONTROL , not a supposedly " deadly virus " , I know absolutely no-one in my circle of influence , which is international , that has had this virus. My front-line doctor & nurse friends tell me it's the quietest for years... and management have warned them to STFU... wonder why eh? Get rid of your Tell-Lie-Vision & do yourself a favour !!
    • Virgo31

God just shut up, this is killing people all over the world at a stupidly high rate. And people like you saying bullcrap like this is the reason why more and more people are sadly gonna get sick and die because y'all believe that it's all make believe and that the government wants to chip you.

• FatherJack

@Virgo31 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑How many do you honestly know that have died at a " stupidly high rate " ? Thanks for the lecture.. appreciated 😘

• Virgo31

Thankfully no one personally, but that doesn't mean that it isn't killing thousands everyday. Plus what's with the sheep emojis?

• hellionthesagereborn
    Not really. I score lower on sociopathy then the average person (about 11% lower on the scale then the average) and I am against mask wearing. Stop pushing propaganda and start doing some research first.
  • YoungPanda37
    "If you know people like this in real life, it's about time you realized that they are not just assholes. They are sociopaths. Treat them accordingly."

This is perhaps the most laughable thing I have read in my entire life. The study just finds that you are more likely to score higher on the spectrum (doesn't make you a sociopath) than people who do. I could have told you that was true.

The trait differences in this study between mask wearers and non-mask wearers could be found in any study where you look at two different groups of people with divergent opinions. For example, if you are a man, you score higher on psychopathy traits - as per the PCL-R - than if you were a woman! "OH MY GOSH THE HORROR! ALL MEN ARE PSYCHOPATHS!" Is how someone operating on the basis of your logic would react. If that reaction sounds absurd to you it's because it is absurd. Just because one group scores higher on some criterion than another doesn't mean you should generalize the findings to all individuals in that group (logical fallacy). But more importantly, it is just dumb to say that because I score higher than you on the measure used in the study that I therefore also meet the threshold criteria to qualify as a sociopath; those two things are very different.

In this post you've written a bunch of conjecture, but you're so certain that the conclusion you've come to - that people you disagree with are sociopathic - is correct, despite a lack of ample evidence in support of that notion. You sound delusional to me. I think the great irony in this post is that you appear to be someone who is currently suffering from a delusion of grandeur; you're acting like you know more than you really do. Delusions of grandeur are one of the prototypical traits of a psychopath. If someone who knew this while simultaneously being as narrow minded as you saw this, they would probably conclude that you yourself are a psychopath, lmfao.
  • NYCQuestions1976
    I wear it when necessary (interacting with people at work, going to the store) and don't wear it when not necessary (by myself, at home, driving, eating, sleeping, bathing). Very simple and easy. I also always washed my hands more than the average person anyway, so that's a non-issue for me.

We need to be careful and take necessary common sense precautions, but we also can't live our lives in fear either.

Why is this Take unnecessarily Anonymous?
  • Phoenix98
    I guess I'm a sociopath then.

I don't complain about masks but I'm not going to wear em either for a variety of reasons.
  • Warmapplecrumble
    Lol it's not like studies can be manipulated. And Bill Gates funds most universities and has shares in masks and hand sanitizers. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣
    • msc545

Yes and of course we all know Bill Gates really needs more money. Such bullshit.

• @msc545 he doesn't need money. He needs resources.

• msc545

What resources?

• Hannah591
    I can't say I'm surprised, though the report doesn't say they're sociopaths. It says that they lack empathy and have higher levels of callousness, deceitfulness and risk-taking.
  • supercutebutt
    If Trumps gets another 4 years it will be because of the sociopaths.
    • Partly true. Those sociopaths who are burning down neighborhoods

• joeblow123

@Liam_Hayden

None of it is true. The idiots burning everything down are anti-Trump.

• joeblow123

@supercutebutt

If Trump gets another 4 years it will be because of patriotic Americans who care about this country. If Biden more like Harris becomes President then it is due to the sociopaths.

• John_Doesnt
    Karen is officially requesting to talk to your manager.
  • worldscolide
    LOL No wonder you posted this anonymous.. Its full of shit.. The reason people dont like masks is because they dont want government control.. Whats interesting is these my body my choice people say "Government hands off of my uterus" But masks are ok.. Its hypocritical.

I wear a mask when required, but when someone tells me that i should wear masks for others... Why? I have tested NEGATIVE for covid. Same as my wife.. Why should i wear a mask who am i protecting? Especially when masks have been proven not to stop anything.. Unless they are the n95 kind...

The stupid is incredibly strong with you..
    • by the way the reason my wife does not wear a mask... She's autistic.. Wearing a face covering sends her into melt downs.. If you know anything about anyone who is autistic.. Its common.. I feel sorry for you..

• Kiroi

You are a sociopath, the one and only reason that would be credible and not even right would be the fact that it's annoying to wear, don't wear a seatbelt next time you are in a car, same logic 1:1

• aw some snowflakes downvoted me without comment.. Cowards.

• Froyologirl
    The guys in these comments are the reason we still have corona. They have no basic empathy or feelings and regards towards others. Trump supporters need to stop being so fucking evil. And they wonder why no one likes them.
  • Snakeyes7
    I think it is smart to wear a mask however I do not think it should be made illegal to not wear one. The hysteria has made several states like Tennessee made non mask wearing people get charged with attempted murder which is too much. That’s like getting charged with attempted vehicular manslaughter if you happen to have food in your car.
  • elisa_0
    They really don’t understand that the virus doesn’t give a single fuck about human rights. 😂😂😂
    • joeblow123

@elisa_0

Actually, if you are a pro-Biden rioter then the disease has no problem with it. However, if you wish to go to church or other non-socialist activities then the disease will strike to kill.

• elisa_0

@joeblow123 Wow! Where did I say I was pro Biden? Are you insane or do you need more sleep?

• joeblow123

@elisa_0

I said, "if you are a Biden supporter". Also, take into consideration I am using "you" in the editorial sense. My point was the rioters are given a pass while the church congregation has to stay home for the next few Sundays as well.

• NatalieKeller95
    natural selection will root these retards out, let the anti maskers out onto the battlefield, we the pro-maskers will take care of them from a distance
  • jsincal

I just can’t wait for morons to say,

“Not wearing a mask, scores high in being a witch and communicating with the devil.”

Institute of Science For Religion recommends Burn’em at the stake! “

You feeble minded sheep shouldn’t ridicule the highly educated. And Should understand how to read studies from direct sources.

There is NO Diagnoses under DSM V, as a “Sociopath”. The tag line makes this article inert. And makes the question stigmatizing or creates a bias in order to manipulate, Which does fall under DSM V as ASPD.
  • blank_expression
    Some libtard study obviously. As soon as people start, throwing “science” around to reinforce justification you know it is bullshit. However, I don’t give a shit what it says; I will accept that description to a tee. That study should tell you if you meet me and I don’t have a mask on you better stay the f-k away from me. If you try to lay your bullshit on me you better know how to run fast. That is what that study says to me. Snowflakes, all be warned, don’t f-ck with a non-conformist that doesn’t wear a mask. That might be a good study after all even though it is propaganda bullshit.
  • gotc147
    A 2015 study showed that cloth face masks do virtually nothing to stop the spread of viruses. That the study was done in 2015 is important because it predates COVID and thus isn't tainted by politics. Any research coming out now that's being promoted is influenced by politics and is thus unreliable.

The CDC recently said that if you're in close contact with anybody for 15-30 minutes you should quarantine for 14 days, even if both of you wore masks. Putting aside the hilarious level of impracticality of such guidelines, it goes to show just how ineffective masks are.

It's not that we don't care, it's that we think for ourselves.
  • Slim57
    Lmao if you're worried about a virus less deadly than the flu than by all means wear your mask to help you feel safe, but if you're that worried for your health then just stay the fuck home then, and also know the doctors and nurses in hospitals are wearing suits and helmets when dealing with covid patients, that mask is nothing
  • Be4rdy
    Here, I hate wearing mine. Try covering your mouth that's surrounded by loads of hair and then trying to breath while doing anything

Also I though these masks were meant to create a seal so nothing can escape? If I'm wrong I'm wrong but if I'm right then it's pointless with anyone with a beard as it just sits in a straight line down from my nose instead of going under my chin
  • Lliam
    This is hilarious. Ignorant sheep will believe anything. The love to talk about "The" science while only referring to the science propounded by the corporate mainstream media echo chamber. They are not even aware that mainstream media actively ignores and censors the preponderance of actual science. They have no idea how much influence Bill Gates and the pharma industry have over our access to information.

Muzzle wearing sociopaths can now point to this "new study" and feel good about themselves while they comply in destroying what makes humans human. They can feel justified in attacking those who don't comply because "new study", "the science". They attack but call their victims sociopaths. ROFL
  • 007kingifrit
    typical amateur mistake. the study found that anti social people don't want to wear masks... not that people who don't want to wear masks are anti social
    • modelUN242

I think I prefer the mask because people don't have to see my face, I'm pretty introverted and hate attention.

• ObscuredBeyond
    South Dakota has no restrictions, few infections, and death is almost unheard of. Iran has a large death rate from disease, and women were masked for years in advance.

This "finding " is a bunch of echo chamber horseshit. Also, it ignores the Karens, and ignores which group is putting patients in nursing homes while planning to put robots and cameras everywhere. It also ignores that the pro mask superstition crowd are the ones who cheered when that GOP softball game got shot up, who cheered when Madonna fantasized blowing up the White House, and harassed Georgia for not having the same pro-infanticide stance as New York! There is nothing more narcissistic, than believing you're such hot shit, that you have a right to snuff out an infant!
  • Daniel3035
    They missed out on narcissism as well. Good source and evidencing thought this would be another Wikipedia as evidence but glad to see some do it properly.
  • Rebeccalions
    Well at least now we can see who the sociopaths are lol
    • DiegoO

Damn right.

• no, you cannot. its disturbing to me how uneducated people are

just because anti social people don't like to wear masks does not mean everyone who doesn't wear masks is anti social. its a one directional relationship

• BeMuse
    That’s cute, you actually think psychology is science.
  • Cryptic-Game
    Some people are followers and there are people with degrees from Harvard that's anti masking. So being anti mask doesn't mean you automatically will have a low IQ.
    • Snakeyes7

The study has nothing to do with IQ it about sociopathy.

• GavinM
    I find them uncomfortable, but do wear them only if I am close by to other people, but not on my own.
    I know that I may be a sociopath, as I hate being round people, but I am happy to help anybody in need.
  • AvaW359
    I'm officially IT... complicated to explain, but some don't use the term sociopath, they use psychopathy factor 1 and 2 , or primary and secondary psychopathy, the latter = sociopath.

!!! And I do wear a mask. !!! The "normal people, for example just in my neighbourhood, benches filled with old ladies and kids, no mask ever! I've had covid-19 in March, people are more sensitive to other viruses and bacteria that normally wouldn't be a problem, after covid, your immune system needs a bit to recover. Of course I'm going to wear a mask in a supermarket etc , I'm not gonna walk my dog with a mask.
    "Treat them accordingly. " , what does that mean?
  • Healing_123
    That actually makes sense.
    - "You're going to kill people around you!"
    - "IT'S MY RIGHT! FREEDOOOMMMMM!!!"
  • RingOfFire
    Whenever I hear people lecturing about "following the science," I always ask myself WHICH science.

What about the science of psychology that is warning that the social and workplace isolation toll on both mental and physical health of a prolonged shutdown of our schools and workplaces will case far more damage than the virus itself?

What about the science of economics that warns that millions of deaths from the effects of poverty will follow if we don't get people back to school and back to work?

Whenever someone talks about "following the science" I am immediately suspicious of their motive because they seem to only want to follow SOME of the science and not ALL of it.
  • Ad_Quid_Orator
    Here's what we need for those anti-mask shitheads:People who complain about wearing a mask, score high on sociopathy - the science is in!
  • cloud9vortex1234
    I didn't need a study to believe this especially when they put up an argument about the inconvenience of a mask. That's conclusive for me that they are sociopaths.
  • Bananaman177
    There's also a direct correlation between sociopathy and high IQ, so. . .People who complain about wearing a mask, score high on sociopathy - the science is in!People who complain about wearing a mask, score high on sociopathy - the science is in!People who complain about wearing a mask, score high on sociopathy - the science is in!The same way there's a direct correlation between low-IQ and suggestibility, as well as hysteria. The dumber you are, the easier it is to trick you and the easier it is for you to panic.
  • SetFree
    I read through the comments. Looks like the pro-maskers are by far the most abusive people here. So much for your "science"...
  • curiouscuriouser
    Masks are just cloth. The whole thing is more about making people more comfortable. Is really about keeping our fear and irrationality down. The mask is a gesture that tells people to feel more at ease but is not a deterrent. The virus is a kind of flue and just like the flue everyone will get it at some point. All these masks and social distancing is meant to slow it down. Also I don't think there will ever be a cure. We cannot cure common cold or flu because it mutates too quickly and I doubt we'll be able to cure Covid19. Is more likely there will be a medically controlled society with chipped people who have Covid-passes which allowes them to buy things with cash or get better jobs etc
  • msc545
    This is not surprising. People who refuse to wear masks are basically selfish, oppositional assholes.
    • msc545

I also think this tends to be gendered with a lot more men refusing to wear mask compared to women.

• Liam_Hayden
    You obviously cannot read. It said nothing about complaining. It talked about compliance.