I know that a lot of people on here are having a really hard time lately, myself included. I just wanted to show people that all is not lost and that there is hope.
1. Poverty rates have gone down
In the last thirty years the number of people living in poverty all around the world has been cut in HALF. Isn't that just awesome.
2. Crime rates are down
Despite the media heavily increasing coverage on crime the fact is that crime rates have been heavily and steadily falling for the past two decades.
3. DIVORCE RATES ARE DOWN NOT UP.
Despite what you might say or believe the stats do not lie. Divorce rates are at the lowest they have been since the 1970's.
4. Teen Pregnancy is at an all time low
Society moving towards teaching safe sex instead of abstinence is largely to credit for this.
5. Disease deaths are down
Deaths from the big killers in the U.S like Heart Disease and Cancer have gone down.
6. Despite what you may believe, since Obama took office the deficit is down
The Deficit has gone drastically down these past few years.
7. The Hole in the ozone is getting smaller
The hole is the ozone is getting much smaller. Yay for the environment.
8. Literacy rates are rising
Global literacy rates are rising and that is just awesome, remember kids reading is cool.
9. We are using FAR more renewable energy sources than we used to.
over 23 percent of the worlds energy now comes from renewable sources and the number is on teh rise. Hooray.
10. People are getting smarter
People keep getting smarter and smarter. I honestly don't care why but the fact that we are is a very good thing.
11. Combat related deaths are down
Globally less people are dying of war related causes. Considering that human history is just so full of war and violence towards their fellow man. This is an absolutely phenomenal thing.
12. LGBTQA people are gaining more and more accepted
These people are just trying to live their lives and more and more people are starting to realize that its not perfect but its getting better every day.
13. We are much closer to finding a cure for HIV and AIDS than ever before
We are making heavy progress in this field people and that is just so awesome isn't it.
14. The internet keeps reaching more and more people.
This means easier global communication and far more people have access to learning and information that ever before.
15. Human population growth is going to start declining
Which is just freaking great for humanity and the environment.