Is there such thing as being too romantic?

I am worried that if I try to be romantic even if the gesture is well received that I may be coming off too strong. Is there a point where you think a guy might have tried a little too hard or do you wish men would try a little harder?

Being Romantic: I am not talking about trying to impress you; I'll impress you in other ways. I am talking about simply trying to make you feel good for the sake of seeing you smile.

Examples of gestures: Bringing you lunch when you mention you have a busy day or sending you flowers while I am away.

92

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, yes there is. They are called HOPELESS ROMANTICS. I'm one of them. Even when you are not trying to be romantic, people who know you now that you're looking at a guy/gal and seeing "your future" or imagining romantic conversations and activities with each other -- which is inconvenient if you have NO romantic feelings for a specific person! You like to see people happy, like to see that your actions have caused the person to be happy and satisfied. I get it.

It's easier (more socially acceptable) for guys to make a romantic gesture than it is for girls to do so, which puts gals like me at a great disadvantage...

• I love a girls who make romantic gestures. Romantic girls are the one!

• Yeah it definitely takes guts. I know loads of girls (who are in relationships) who love the romantic things their guys do for them. Yet, all the single girls I know absolutely hate romantic gestures. The thought of a guy doing something romantic for/to them makes them puke.

• @QA: You're so sweet. Hope you find s nice girl to spoil you rotten.

@D: Single girls don't hate romantic gestures; you have to find one who likes what you're ready to do for her.