Is there such thing as being too romantic?

I am worried that if I try to be romantic even if the gesture is well received that I may be coming off too strong. Is there a point where you think a guy might have tried a little too hard or do you wish men would try a little harder?

Being Romantic: I am not talking about trying to impress you; I'll impress you in other ways. I am talking about simply trying to make you feel good for the sake of seeing you smile.

Examples of gestures: Bringing you lunch when you mention you have a busy day or sending you flowers while I am away.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, yes there is. They are called HOPELESS ROMANTICS. I'm one of them. Even when you are not trying to be romantic, people who know you now that you're looking at a guy/gal and seeing "your future" or imagining romantic conversations and activities with each other -- which is inconvenient if you have NO romantic feelings for a specific person! You like to see people happy, like to see that your actions have caused the person to be happy and satisfied. I get it.

It's easier (more socially acceptable) for guys to make a romantic gesture than it is for girls to do so, which puts gals like me at a great disadvantage...

0|2
    0|0
    • I love a girls who make romantic gestures. Romantic girls are the one!

• Show All
    • Yeah it definitely takes guts. I know loads of girls (who are in relationships) who love the romantic things their guys do for them. Yet, all the single girls I know absolutely hate romantic gestures. The thought of a guy doing something romantic for/to them makes them puke.

• @QA: You're so sweet. Hope you find s nice girl to spoil you rotten.

@D: Single girls don't hate romantic gestures; you have to find one who likes what you're ready to do for her.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well I like that. That's kinda what I do for my boyfriend on a daily basis. You know, I go visit him in his office at university when he's working hard on an assignment. I text him encouraging texts when he's got an exam or when he's very busy. I call him after a long day, I cook him supper if he's staying late at school. Stuff like that. And he appreciates it a lot. IMO it's just being thoughtful and attentionate, nothing wrong with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess too much of anything can be bad, but I think romantic gestures are nice. Sometimes I wish I was a man so I could date women & do romantic gestures for them. I'd love to sweep someone off their feet & make them feel wonderful. I'm not sure how to romance a man without making him feel like I'm cutting off his balls. For example, giving flowers, pulling out the chair, opening the door, making a bubble bath, carrying to the bed, putting roses pedals on the bed, well men might find these things cheesy & weird. I've yet to see a movie where a woman carried a man off his feet to the bedroom, lol. But I totally think it would be so fun, not that I even could because I don't have much muscle. But if I did, it would be awesome.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being helpful , like bringing lunch, is fine, because it's spontaneous and not thought out far in advance. But you risk being called a stalker if you constantly plan little gestures. Planning and romance are poles apart.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I realize planning in advance is like planning to fail.

• Modern women are wary of guys being too romantic; they think they guy is some kind of nut case often. I never let that stop me from being romantic, and I've been accused of stalking several times.

• romance is a great thing but allll the time is a no no.

i dated a girl and everyday she would text me a poem or something new everyday. waay too romantic. lunch and flowers are great though but not every time you turn around

but what your describing is perfect, your good

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you kidding me!?

That's so sweet :) You're a gem. It seems like guys like that don't exist anymore.

0|2
    0|0
  • treat a woman like sh*t..deep down we want to be con ntook at rihanna running back to chris..she was sorry she dumped his

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah don't try to over do it or try doint it all the time. It's not very healthy for you

0|0
    0|0
  • I'D LOVE IT IF MY Boyfriend WAS ROMANTIC :))

Guys like you seem to be...rare. haha. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I would LOVE it!

0|0
    0|0
  • All that is soooi nicd, whomever you have in mind the are very lucky

0|0
    0|0
    • Unfortunately, it didn't work out which is why I posted the question. I felt like I probably should have walked away earlier.

• Show All
    • I blame myself for coming on strong. If women don't want a romantic guy, I figured I wouldn't waste my time on the next girl.

• True indeed but again did you come up with this conclusion on your own or she told you that, cause if that's not what she said, judging from what you said"it will be well recieved" I guess meaning from her, then I think your wrong...u are pulling back cause of your own paranoia, which has nothing to do with her.

Recommended myTakes