How to Deal With Jealousy

Some of us are more and some of us are less possesive when it comes to our partners.

Either way,all of us at some point of our relationship got a tiny bit jealous. (Don't try to deny it)

Don't worry though,it is natural to feel a little jealous at times, especially if you have very strong feelings for the person you are with right now.

Till a specific level,jealousy is acceptable but sometimes it gets out of control and that leads to fights.....So as a jealous type of girl I will tell you how I personally deal with jealousy when it comes to my man.

1. Don't act in the heat of the moment.

How to Deal With Jealousy

I know it's hard.

It is almost impossible not to act the way you are feeling especially when you feel jealousy,cause it is a really strong emotion. But the funny part is,that the feeling on it's own isn't a problem,the trouble starts when you let it consume you and take over your logic. So,what you have to do is feel the feeling, but do not act on it. Distract yourself,take deep breaths,have fun,don't let this fill your thoughts.

2. When it's the right time,express your jealousy...As "softly" as possible.

How to Deal With Jealousy

This is a really important step. When you two get alone and you feel like you are calm enough to have a conversation with him/her, express all your feelings. Be direct and straight. Don't start exaggerating about everything, don't be a drama queen/king cause if you do these you will not be taken seriously.

Say whatever you felt in a mature and calm way,this will help you take it out of your system and him/her understand you.

3. Accept that the weird feeling that makes you go crazy is jealousy.

How to Deal With Jealousy

Many people don't accept that they are being jealous,because they think that this shows weakness.

And the truth is that it does...In some way. You know, jealousy affects everyone differently. Some people feel jealous because their feelings are hurt but some others feel it because their ego is hurt.

Either way, accepting that you are jealous it's more like a sign of power rather than weakness. So just admit it to yourself.

4. Trust your partner or...Change partner.

How to Deal With Jealousy

Yeap you heard that right. You will either learn to trust him/her or you'll find someone else that his/her vibe is more trustworthy in your opinion. You can't continue torturing yourself and harm this relationship,you have to make an important choice. Either fight it or change battle.

5. Talk to a person you know,that will understand you fully.

How to Deal With Jealousy

This is the part where your best friend come in. You need to take the anger out,and what's the best way to do it other than talk sh*t about him/her to your bff?

You need someone to understand you FULLY. Someone that even if he/she hasn't expirienced what you have, will be able to relate to you and get as pissed as you to him/her. Believe me,this step works better than anything.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Yeah.....Or you can just do this ↓ (At least that's what I'm going to do if I see someone hitting on my bae.)

How to Deal With Jealousy

-END

AngelicSin

920
AngelicSin is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Nice gifs and points.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Sounds good. Maybe a short tip for your second point. When a person starts a conversation with “I need to talk with you” the other one often expects some bad news. I personally prefer to start such a conversation with:”hey can you help me with something?”
    “Sure”
    “I’m kinda feeling jelly (and then you express your feelings and try to find ways together for your problem )”

I mean both ways work but it’s just a bit more smooth

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• The last gif. Omg!!!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I love it! Jealousy is more or less of a common feeling and we have all bee there... it is neither a good idea to lash out nor is it good to keep the feelings to yourself. It is ideal to talk about it, in a good manner of course. :)

Previously I had a jealous ex. It was hell.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 18

• Totally agree with you on everything you have mentioned dear Angelic Sin. This is really one of the best "My Take", simple, points well made, clear, straight to the idea, etc... I love it and thank you for sharing it.

As matter of fact we cannot hide our feelings and emotions whether they are jealousy or admiration. Some people may have a poker face, but the eyes never lie, and as great as a poker player may be, he will have sun glasses on, not for the looks but to hide the emotions his soul show through his eyes 😉

The best advice you have gave dear is the first one. In any situation, it is best to wait till we calm down and rethink about the moment.

Your point regarding how to manage your anger out of your system is the best ever as for it is what psychology and meditation books teach us.

You ended your post with a nice laughter honestly, enjoyed reading it a lot.

I am jealous frankly of the guy you will be sharing your love with. Great beautiful souls like you are becoming rare nowadays 😊

Keep up the great posts, my pleasure was to share an honest opinion and looking forward for your next invitation dear Angelic Sin.

• I think this is some of the reason women don't talk to us men they don't like a man with someone else, but yet they won't talk to us men when we are alone. Women only go around a man when he is with a women. Women will have an angry face, not say one word to the man and just walk right on by the man. Letting the man know by looking at the man or ignoring the man totally that she's pissed he is with a woman. Then when the man is alone, women either don't come around at all or women still walk around angry and just walk right past the man totally ignoring me.
    Then I just go home after spending hours alone out in public without ever talking to one woman. And everything is my fault because I'm with a woman or not. Or I can talk to a woman and she is angry and she let's me know she is angry by the way she talks to me. But she won't try to get me to go out with her and just lets me walk away knowing she is very angry at me. The woman only comes around me when she is with a man, never when I'm alone. There is know way for me to ever win because no matter what I do, I'm wrong. It's like the women know exactly when I'm with a woman and that is when they come around me angry. Like i'm not to be with any women at all, not even them. Then some women tell everyone that I'm gay when i'm Not gay so all these men swarm all around me. Then men are just as bad and tell everyone that I'm gay when I'm Not gay and men swarm all around me. It's all disgusting and makes me want to throw up. It's all about jealousy and revenge. I guess I should start playing the same game and start doing the very somethings to men and women as they to unto me. Is that right? Do everything bad to men and women as they do to me. Is that what this world consist of everyone going around and doing harm to everyone else? That's Not the world I want to live in.

• I just try to find a good match to where her and I see eye to eye on a lot of the same issues.

If I'm with a woman who does things often that push my jealousy buttons I just break up.

It usually has more to do with the "type" of girl I'm dating. There are types to where jealousy would pretty much never come up and there are types to where she's be doing stuff that made me feel miserable all the time. I just try to stick with the type that doesn't do that stuff I don't like.

• What if I have no desire to "deal with" my jealousy, and I'd rather have a relationship in which we were mutually accommodating of each other's jealousy?

I don't think it's healthy to suppress it. Rather, it's simply a matter of finding a compatible partner who wants the same boundaries.

• burn it all away! you don't need jealousy it's a cancer!

• Basically you just detach your emotions from them since we can't trust our partner. Not bad. But i hate when i dont give 0 fucks about a girl, never cared if she lived or died but then when a dude hit on her its like. Bruh, back the fuck off, stomach gets butterflies and shit. Its like what the hell? I dont know her.
    So the denial part spoke up i was eying her quite a bit, wanted talk and maybe flirt, but never physically or verbally did those things. So then it lead me thinking about her for little bit. Then somehow my mind thinks we are in a relationship or something.
    Fuck my life. Lol am i right?

• AJ Lee was cool in that last gif.
    What movie was the first gif from? Who was that?

• jealousy is a big obstacle that is not early conquered.

• I accept it and let it go wild like a forest fire

• <3 wow <3

• lol nice one

• l know a girl on this site thats like that?

• I know how

• good mytake

• Nice one 👍

• good one

• women man lol

• good take

What Girls Said 7

• So far, my partner has never given me a reason to be jealous. There's been an ex though, and that was a whole different story. As long as they're not doing it while I'm around, I'm not going to let it bother me.

• I suffer with this... only because i have been cheated on. However if i see a girl eyeing up my man like a beef steak... the little demon of jealousy inside me rises, but outwardly im as cool as a cucumber, if he reacts in the wrong way to the flirting of women around him, and rubs my nose in it... he's gone !

• Ill admit, Im an EXTREMELY jealous person, and it makes my life super tough when it comes to my relationship. Because of my jealousy, i dont like going out to clubs/bars and never have because I know id get jealous of some of the girls their. I know im attractive, but i also know i dont like dressing slutty, and there will be plenty of attractive girls who will dress slutty all around my boyfriend. Knowing how i act when i get jealous (which is super irrational) i just avoid the situation completely. I do think i should just take your advice and take a deep breath and talk to him about it later unless he does something that is wrong.

• Carefully it's a dangerous emotion. Eny turns to jealousy which then leads to hate

• Thanks!

• That's helpful, thanks

• By the title I thought that it's gonna be about other jealousy, but it's hard to be jealous over a partner or friends you don't have xd I'm extremely jealous and envy every attractive women