Should I ask my friends with benefits to be my sperm donor?

I'm nearly 32 (age range is incorrect on here) and have no kids. I thought I met the one twice but both times things didn't workout. I currently have a friends with benefits whom I've known for three months. He's mid-40s, attractive and by far the best lover I've ever had. Despite this, my attraction and his is only based on lust and nothing more. Being that I'm getting older and probably won't find the One, I've contemplated asking him to be my sperm donor within the next 6-12 months. It would b via artificial insemination and I would pay the attorney fees to draw up a contract so that he would not be on the hook for financial support. Additionally, he has no kids and expressed wanting to have kids before he's 50 (he's 4.5 years from this point) so maybe he won't want to do it for this reason alone. Anyway, is this a good idea to ask? Would you do it if your friends with benefits asked? Why or why not?

Although he's not on the hook for financial support, I would never deny him the possibility of seeing his child if he wanted to.

210

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you want fucked up kids? Cos that's how you get fucked up kids. Research i to the statistics of children from broken homes vs children who live with both parents still married, there's a huge difference in how they turn out. What you're planning to do is very unhealthy for the child.

Most Helpful Girl

• you can ask it

What Guys Said 9

• you can ask. or going to a sperm bank and choosing a donor about whom there may be very comprehensive details about background may be better

• It would cause far more issues than it would solve...

Visitation, your own current relationship with him and of course unforeseen issues as well. You may discredit these issues as minor but they are very real issues...

It's far better to get knocked up by a random, attractive stranger.

• something tells me you already know what you wanna do ;). I'd say ask him. what's there to loose? a sex partner and nothing more. in the end it's ur choice. ;)

• If you feel that you want the responsibility, then it sounds like a pretty good plan.

• No dont raise a child alone.

• Good luck

• you're having sex with him anyway but you want to use artificial insemination?

• Yes, we are having sex but if we use artificial insemination that would ensure that he's not going to sue me later for parental rights and that will give him peace of mind that I won't be asking for child support. If we do it the regular way, then a judge could very well rule that he gets parental rights or i can request child support (which I don't plan on ever doing either way).

• If that's is what you want... I mean really all he can do is say No

• At least you had a boyfriend. I can't get a women to date me.

• Why is that so you think? For me, I have very big commitment issues when it comes to relationships not in terms of wanting and being committed to a child and it's well-being. Definitely put yourself out there and I can assure you someonthat will be your gf!

• It's all about confidence. It doesn't matter how attractive you may be, if you lack that component then it will only hinder you.

• I showed the confidence and I still got rejected. I even got told its because I'm ugly, fat, and have a disability.

What Girls Said 1