Partner (f34) has rejected my (m33) suggestion that we go to couples counselling, what do I do now?

Last month I was on holiday with my brothers, I contacted my girlfriend everyday and sent her pictures, whilst also enjoying a bit of time with my bro's. My girlfriend though has insecurities and often needs more interaction. I try to do this but one night she sent a relationship related instagram reel, I was conversing with my brothers so chose not to look at it for a few hours. I thought this wouldn't be an issue. Big mistake. She sent me a message saying how I never prioritise the relationship and have pathetic excuses for doing anything that can benefit our relationship. She later sent a 20 minute voice note apologising but explained she needs more emotional intimacy and vulnerability from me to be happy in our relationship.

This obviously left me feeling listless but I have tried to understand because sometimes I haven't been the most emotionally inimate person. I have found it challenging because of her insecurities and lack of trust in me (due to her past, not something I have done) which has led her to be occasionally unreasonably critical of me. I feel without trust it is difficult for me to connect on an emotional level. We had another disagreement last night and I suggested couples counselling because we do have a major problem with our communication. I feel having a third party present will provide us with a safer environment in which to communicate. Hopefully it will also allow her to talk more about her insecurities and see how it affects our relationship, as well as improving my own communication.

To my surprise she rejected it telling me "this relationship is not important enough for therapy, maybe if we were married it would be". I am not sure if this is how she really feels or whether it was an extreme reaction to shut down conversation about therapy. Anyway it shocked me into silence so we haven't talked about it again. I felt I was showing vulnerability admitting our relationship needs help so I really did not expect this response.

Post Opinion