10 Christian lessons I learned from my earlier years as a failed author

jennifer_bloom

I’ve had 10 different types of experiments with writing before deciding on my current method of literary communication and book development. Here I will discuss what I learned from 10 failings of mine:

1. The Inspiration Route

My original plan was to come with an underlying theory or solution to poverty and deprivation and realized a good book cannot be UNREALISTIC

2. The Theological Route

I wanted to write a book where I exchange bible semantics for verbal logic and describe the secret symbolism of bible verses to people bur my life experience was never sufficient for its production so I learned good authorship cannot be UNALIGNED

3. The Professional Route

I wanted to produce academic writing using data I got from the university but couldn’t produce anything long enough because I was operating not by my own values and ideals but somebody else’s and from that I learned that good authorship cannot be UNACCUSTOMED

4. The Divination Route

I thought about writing books on fortune telling but was hated by so many and from that I learned that good authorship cannot be UNGODLY

5. The Literary Route

I thought about comparing mythologies and writing a Christian theological analysis of Hindu Creation stories and from that I learned shoos authorship cannot be UNFOUNDED

6. The Critical Route

I thought about writing a cynical review of the world or the society I lived in and explaining why it was bad and from that I learned that good authorship cannot be UNSPIRITUAL

7. The Sensationalism Route

I considered taking cosmic tales from other authors and lengthening them 30-40 gold by adding in my own details and psychological portrayal while using their plot and storyline and from that I learned good authorship cannot be UNORIGINAL

8. The Fantasy Route

I thought about creating utopian society with endless recreation and luxury and no plot development or meaningful purpose at all and from that I learned that good authorship cannot be UNPRACTICAL

9. The Psychological Route

I thought about writing books on how to express or understand human behaviour and human action and the scientific study of mental expression but it was unspiritual and I purposeful and from that I learned that good writing cannot be UNENLIGHTENED

10. The Quotable Route

I thought about analyzing and explaining quotations and from that I learned that good writing MUST be UNCONTESTED

11. This also applies to character

Destiny is uncontested

Destiny is enlightened

Destiny is practical

Destiny is original

Destiny is spiritual

Destiny is founded

Destiny is godly

Destiny is accustomed

Destiny is aligned

Destiny is realistic

These are the 10 traits to discovering your purpose

2
0

Most Helpful Guys

• TheDarkReunion
    good writing can be unrealistic, unfounded, and unpractical (and in my opinion, should be). the most important thing is well fleshed out characters with realistic behaviors. the plot can be anything, the characters drive the story. of course the plot should be interesting too but unless your plot is wildly original and strange it won't stick out at all unless you have good characters
    i dont read christian novels very often but i have read a few. most of them i find very boring because theyre dealing with just... very regular and mundane things. theyre too grounded in reality. normal people doing normal things and nothing sticks out.
    take narnia for example, unrealistic plot, christianity is a theme that inspires the story. how literal you want to make god in your story is your choice, he could be an actual figure or some kind of metaphor
    hope this helps in my opinion good christian novels are few and far between
    Is this still revelant?
  • This was a fun recap and highlight of your writing journey! Thank you for sharing it with us!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

00

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!