The three fold selection process of God’s elect - Bible Talk

jennifer_bloom

This is mentioned in both Matthew and Luke and neither one addresses the store in its entirety

It says two men will be in the field. One will be taken and the other left behind.

Meaning two secularists and unbelievers and skeptic Christians and agnostics will be in the world. One will learn to believe in God while the other will continue to be an atheist.

Two woman will be grinding with a hand mill. One will be taken and the other left.

Meaning two worshipers with false theology will humble themselves before God and seek Him and suffer for Him. One will learn correct theology over time while the other will continue to practice, believe and teach false theology.

Two people will be in bed together. One will be take and one left.

Meaning two people will have correct theology but misuse their knowledge of good and evil by condemning and judging others. One will learn to forgive and atone for the times they destroyed others. The other will continue to be vindictive and judgmental and hateful and exclusive and morally classist and stingy and bitter and resentful and ungracious.

So to become God’s elect

You must acknowledge God’s existence

You must acknowledge God’s justice

You must acknowledge God’s graciousness

4
1
1Girl Opinion
4Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• DJB72

Read in the context of the whole Bible you can see Christ is talking about taking people out who have a true relationship with God through Christ, not who have learned homolitical, hermeneutical, philosophical theology. He seeks relationships with His people and those He has that relationship with will spend eternity with Him

Is this still revelant?
  • Jjpayne

Those are three very solid and good points to follow!

Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

12
  • Gravit1

I have a different take. I think he was illustrating the fact many will come to him in the Judgment an point to their works, but he never knew them. Jesus also said he came to divide houses, families, and communities. Those that follow him and he knows will be called up. Jesus Said: My sheep hear my voice. Jesus knows his sheep. The numbers mentioned here appear situational, not exact statistics. Those that aren't truly living for God aren't going to heaven. Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments. That is what divides, those that truly love Jesus and the religious going along for the ride.

Reply
  • CrazyRay43

The Bible is a work of fiction

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Anonymous

Christianism is not important

LikeDisagree 2 People
    Reply
    • Why not though am a Muslim. I believe all believes have value added in them. To show people can live in true Harmony and kindness. Without wars and fights. We can exchange dialogue and debate and learn from one another as Socrates and Plato did.

• Anonymous

Where are you from

• Canada tok