What to do if there is no one around to comfort you

jennifer_bloom

Lately this year, I’ve been ignored and possibly ghosted by a friend and I don’t discuss this with others cause they would think I’m weird for complaining about somebody I’m not even dating.

There were also many times in my life where I wanted advice or feedback and could not find the right person to go to for help or the person who offered help, knew less about the situation than I did.

So what I learned from that is, when there is no one to comfort you or understand your situation, you must proactively work to comfort yourself by sticking to the guns and boundaries and standards you set for yourself.

Like I told myself after my text message was ignored, that since I said on here not to take rejection personally that now it’s my turn to not take rejection personally. If I don’t care about being rejected by my church brothers, than their rejection has no impact on my life.

I also realize if there is nobody around to give me advice for my book, that I can give myself advice and if there is no one in my life that I am romantically involved with, I can go to God for affection and connection and joy, because even though I have friends, most of them are not intelligent enough to make me happy. But God is perfectly intelligent.

10
4
4Girl Opinion
10Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• JCrockett
    When there's no one to talk to, I find that taking aloud to yourself accomplishes a lot. You might think that you're thinking these things all the time, so you don't need to say it if it's not for someone else's benefit. But something about putting into words and actually speaking your thoughts adds a great deal of clarity and relief. Sometimes, you'll even realize that the answer to your problem is obvious. You only had to state it clearly, rather than feel it.
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
  • Heartache0405
    Find comfort in yourself. You’re the only one who can truly comfort yourself and you’ll never hurt yourself either.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

48
  • melanieeeB
    I either go to my family for comfort but I don't ask them for advice, I figure it out on my own and there it's helpful to write it down and really think it through
    Like 1 Person
  • Seangreen
    Hey look honey sometimes you just got to suck it up because you know what I don't have anybody ever around to comfort my ass and I just got to deal with that shit I can't sit around feeling sorry for myself I got to keep going
  • Apulu_3
    Yes I do the same thing too. I'm my own best friend. It's a good mytake.
    Like 1 Person
  • Sonorous
    I listen to asmr like this:https://www.youtube.com/embed/pdE2Yws3MD4
  • gamernerd
    I feel you. I honestly just try to focus on the things that I can do. I soon realize that things come and go, and the only person who will remain with you is yourself at the end of the day.
    Like 1 Person
  • Phoenix98
    Just did what society taught me to do figure it out on my own, deal with it or shove the problem deep down inside my subconscious and forget about it.
  • anon171999
    Cuddle pillows or animals. Listen to calming music (not depressing or sad, but calming music).
  • emperor90
    I would call someone and talk to them over the phone
    Like 1 Person
  • Agape93
    Depends on how serious it is and how in need I happen to be
  • Tyric331988
    There's God. He is always there.
    But most people don't care until things are going wrong and falling apart.
  • cth96190
    For men, that is situation normal.
    Like 3 People
    • Dontaaaa

True asf.
      I've been having some rough times with my mental state for a while and I live alone, seems to be the norm for me now. Hardly have any friends come by.

• najekim
    Make a drink and watch a movie.