Growing Up Ginger

Idonthaveausername

I was born into this world with a full head of bright red hair, the first ginger in 3 generations on either side of my family

The rare genetic mutation of the recessive gene for red hair affects an estimated 2-4 % of the world's population, but it affects those of us who have it in many significant ways, both biological and societal. Growing up with red hair affected my childhood significantly, especially during social interactions with other children at school. As a result of my experiences and image, I base a decent amount of my personality and personal identity on my red hair

This girl could be my long-lost twin
This girl could be my long-lost twin

Standing Out

My parents are brunettes, and all of my siblings and cousins too; I am the only redhead in my family. Even my sister who had blondish hair as a child still looked like a member of the family, but now her hair has darkened to a similar brown. Everyone in my family tans yet I burn, peel, and stay pale. Nobody has freckles either, but my face was spotted with freckles as a child (only fading when I retreated myself to a life indoors, away from the sun). People tell me I don't look like my sisters and often ask if I was adopted. Luckily I look like my great-grandmother, so I'm confident in my genetic origins

Fraternal twins who look nothing alike
Fraternal twins who look nothing alike

In a crowded room, it is easier to spot the lone redhead than anybody else. We shine bright and pale among softer and darker natural tones. Since I stand out so much physically being a redhead (and also petite at only 5' fully grown), it has always been difficult for me to fit in, especially with other kids my age as a child. Generally people are adverse to things different than themselves, so other children instinctually singled me out for my red hair. The other ginger in my class and I were thusly forced into friendship simply based on the fact we were different than everybody else, leading many to wrongly assume we were related

Growing Up Ginger

As an adult, I still stand out because of my red hair. When people describe me to others, I am "That girl with the curly red hair." Most people have little difficulty remembering me because they know few people to associate me with. When I go out with a group of my girl friends, I am always the one guys notice first simply because I stand out. My hair is a prominent facial feature, so many people notice it first when they meet me

Bullying and Racism

I was bullied constantly as a child up through high school for my red hair and pasty skin. Common names people called me to make fun of my red hair were Carrot Top, Firecrotch, and the most notorious one: Ginger. Children also mocked my stature with Midget and my curls with Poodle. When it came to my pasty white skin, they called me Vampire, Daywalker, and Albino. Thanks to the famous episode of South Park, people shamed me for "having no soul." For the most part, I bit people or threatened to steal their souls if they continued to pester me, so they resorted to more drastic measures of throwing things in my hair such as salad, burritos, and the little edge you rip off the side of a spiral notebook piece of paper to express their disgust at my hair

Growing Up Ginger

I survived school-age bullying because I had bigger problems with my psychotic parents at home to deal with, but that viciousness is something I will never forget. Even as an adult I still experience some bullying due to my hair color. People still call me names and poke at me for having a temper due to my red hair if I ever get upset (even though I have great self-control when it comes to my temper). Some adults still act like I'm a witch (historically redheads were burned at the stake falsely for being witches) but most have grown up and treat me decently. My bosses at my old job treated my just like my teachers at school, punishing me for standing up for myself when something was wrong

I got put in time-out a lot for backtalking as a child

Bullying redheads is a form of racism. Teachers never took this kind of discrimination seriously, but it is very serious to those of us who have experienced it, especially at school. If you ever took part in "Kick a Ginger Day," you are a racist. Many immigrants and people of minority status are racist towards me because I'm a ginger. When I work in customer service, many Middle Eastern and Arab men (and sometimes women) refuse to work with or try to argue with me, but utter no complaints about my blonde and brunette coworkers. Black women are often racist towards me, but black men are not. But the majority of the racism I experienced as a child was from non-redheaded whites. For those of you who don't agree that bullying redheads is racist, understand that the mutation of our MC1R gene stems solely from an Irish/Scottish race, and ginger in itself is a separate race as you cannot develop it after birth

Racism: noun

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior

Compliments

For every jerk out there who bullied me for my red hair, there has been a decent human being who complimented me for it. Many cultures traditionally admired or worshiped redheads, specifically the Greeks in romantic artwork and Romans who sold redheaded slaves at a higher price, and red hair is currently a beauty standard in America. Elderly women love my curly red hair along with nurses and hairdressers. If I had a nickel for everytime anyone asked me "Is your hair natural?" I'd be a lot richer than I am now. Women who dye their hair red often tell me theirs isn't natural, and a girl I used to be friends with as a kid dyed her hair to look like mine. I distinctly remember an old lady on a street corner grabbing my hair like a lot of people who don't understand that having red hair does not give strangers license to physically touch us

Growing Up Ginger

Men treat me completely different as an adult than they did as children. Certain men fetishize red hair and most believe gingers to be more sexually alluring than blondes and brunettes. I first noticed men fetishized my hair in high school when I heard two men sitting next to my table at Red Robin talking about their redheaded ex-girlfriends. The top two compliments I receive from strangers tying to flirt with me are about my ass and my hair. My ex loved my hair, used to run his fingers through and pull on it all the time. One of my guy friends used to comment about how much he preferred to date girls with flaming hair. As an adult, I attribute a large amount of the attention I receive from men to my red hair

Redheads and Sex

According to science, redheads engage in more sex and experience better sex with more orgasms than any other hair color. Gingers in relationships have more sex with their partners and those who are single engage in more casual sex and hooking up. Our genetic makeup causes us to develop a specific pheromone that basically makes us smell more sexually desirable. Since the color red increases romantic interest, wearing or naturally having red hair increases sexual interest and desire. Ginger women orgasm at a threshold of over 40%, about 10% higher than brunettes and blondes. Personally I believe this is due to having more sensitive skin as the gingers I know tend to be more ticklish and develop skin irritation and rashes more than skin that contains normal melanin

Gingers are seductive even without skimpy outfits

Despite the science and fanfare, I am personally waiting until marriage to sleep with someone. People usually expect me to be more promiscuous than I am, probably because people assume redheads are promiscuous in general. A recent study touts that men approach redheads less because they view us as more attractive, and are therefore more scared of rejection. In my experience, I get much more attention than my non-ginger friends, so I highly doubt the "intimidation" excuse

Pain and Health Risks

Gingers experience pain differently than other people due to our specific genetic mutation that affects more than just our hair and skin color. We resist pain at higher levels and for longer than others. When it comes to surgery, especially dental work, we require approximately 20% more anesthesia to incapacitate and numb the pain; I can personally attest to still feeling pain during removal of all 8 teeth pulled out of my mouth. Due to the way our bodies metabolize, we are much more susceptible to the effects of pain medication and opioid dependency; I can personally attest to experiencing withdrawal symptoms from prescribed Hydrocodone. On the other hand, we are much more sensitive to changes in hot and cold temperatures. Even as a child I tried to explain to people how I felt pain differently than them, but I didn't fully understand it until I learned the connection to my genes. I never feared the doctor or flu shots as a child while my brunette sisters literally screamed in terror. Fun fact: redheads are also resistant to capsaicin, allowing us to enjoy spicier foods

Growing Up Ginger

Despite all the benefits the ginger gene provides, we are unfortunately at risk for several severe medical conditions. The different type of melanin in our skin that gives us such a pale color not only increases our chance of skin cancer, but specifically doesn't contain cells that help prevent Melanoma from duplicating. Memories of tube and spray sunscreen slathered all over plague my summer vacations. As an adult, I've fallen in love with wide sun hats to protect my face, wear thin long-sleeved clothes to cover my arms, and support using sun umbrellas. Polarized sunglasses are an especially important tool for redheads to help prevent skin cancer on the especially delicate skin around our eyes. Unfortunately we are also more at-risk of developing the lethal degenerative disease Parkinson's

Growing Up Ginger

Fortunately there is one advantage we gained with our pasty white skin: us redheads produce our own vitamin D. The greatest benefit of the sun is vitamin D, a necessary nutrient to regulate mood and happiness, so being "allergic" to the sun should theoretically cause more depression in redheads. Fortunately for evolution, the genetic mutation that created red hair took this vitamin D from the sun problem into consideration. Gingers not only create their own vitamin D in low sunlight conditions, but also absorb it from the sun more effectively. Redheads have long been believed to be happy than their darker-haired counterparts, but the way their bodies process vitamin D seriously supports it

Bravery and Success

Redheads have long been considered to be brave, fearless, brash, and fiery. Not sure whether this comes from our genetic makeup or the way people treat us as children, but I agree with it to a certain extent. Brave, a Disney movie about a fearless girl with fiery curly red hair (just like mine) perfectly captures the bravery and attitude of gingers. People tell me I'm brave for standing up for myself and defying critics, but that stems from defending myself for my red hair as a child. Personally I feel like my red hair has given me the freedom to not care about what others think of me and to try harder to prove myself. An added bonus of red hair is that I feel free to make all the questionable fashion choices I desire because people are more likely to focus on my hair anyway

Growing Up Ginger

Historically, redheads are disproportionately famous than others, noting Cortez, Napoleon, Nero, Boudica, Winston Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, and Queen Elizabeth as fearless conquerors and leaders. Famous fictional redheads include Pippi Longstalkings, Ron Weasly from Harry Potter, and Merida from Brave. Gingers are about 4 times more likely to become CEOs, likely as a result of trying to be better than what people expect of them. When it comes to income, blondes supposedly make the most, but I know plenty of waitresses who earn much more in tips when they dye their hair red. Personally I feel like my red hair and personality have helped with success at work. People offer me jobs all the time (I had three job offers before I quit my job last month and I wasn't looking) and I've been hired for every position and promotion I've interviewed for. I believe my red hair also helps me at work because people remember me and guys who are attracted to me will purchase more expensive products

Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth

I Love My Red Hair

Despite the criticism and bullying I've experienced, I love my curly red hair. I feel like my experiences in life would've been much different if I was born brunette like my sisters. Growing up I learned to embrace being a ginger and it has made me a much better and successful adult. I believe everyone is beautiful in their own way, and I appreciate my red ringlets for my own unique beauty. When I was in high school, I cut off and donated my hair to Locks Of Love so someone else could appreciate being a gorgeous redhead like me

My two favorite quotes by the adored I Love Lucy's Lucille Ball should sum up the rest of this Take:

Growing Up Ginger

Growing Up Ginger
Growing Up Ginger
71
31
31Girl Opinion
71Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• princessfromjupiter
    Those are some cool fun facts about us gingers!
    I finally know what I can answer to people who are so stunned over my ability to eat raw chilis and jalapeños now 😂
    Overall I've had pretty similar experiences to yours actually, except that I am also very tall so the 'standing out' effect is amplified by that additionally. While it used to make me uncomfortable, to the point that I used to dye my hair all kinds of colors, I have started to own it and don't really notice or mind when people stare at me anymore except for the few that do it very obnoxiously. -- If you ever catch that just wave at them or look at their shoes like you're judging them, it works!
    Nice take :)
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Being ginger is difficult, but adding short or tall height on top of it is worse. That only gives bullies more ammo ti fire at us

Oh I make no qualms about judging other people. They need someone to stand up to them

• manmeat

@princessfromjupiter
      do u have ginger / red pubes bet that is so hot on a girl :D do u keep them or shave them off?

Most Helpful Guy

• ADFSDF1996
    Yes, Red heads face a lot of prejudice. They even made a music video about it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0r0JfnzATyc
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • Lol WTF did I just watch? But I do agree with his analysis. There's nobody in the public eye defending us and we don't have a formally organized group preaching about anti-redhead racism. Historically yes they did round up redheads (Nazis did it and we used to be burned at the stake), but there hasn't been a modern-day "bus full of redheads" like the comedian guy was talking about because it's ingrained into society between individuals. Nobody cares about it enough to the point where this video is considered funny instead of racist... and I agree it is a bit weird to see all of them together because it's not normal to see that many gingers all in one place

My personal view on the South Park episode is that it's actually pretty funny and you get to see Cartman be a major sell-out because he's scared

• ADFSDF1996

Thanks for MHO.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

3070
  • curiousnorway
    Where I live redheads are quite common and it's not so common being bullied for it as long you're not living in an almost isolated village in North-Norway. No, I'm not Irish or Scottish. I'm Norwegian and in Scandinavia having orange hair is relative common. Most people are either blondes, hazel or light-brunette, but there's many orange haired too. Medium brown and dark brown hair isn't that common although it isn't as uncommon anymore, but black hair is very rare.

If we looks away from all the mass immigration and adoption that has happen after the 20th century, I guess ca. 70% of the Norwegian population are blonde (light, medium or dark blonde), 10% redheads, 15% hazel brunettes (light or medium), 3% brunettes (dark) and 2% blackheads. The majority of the blondes, hazel and redheads have either blue, green or gray eyes, but the majority of dark brunettes and blackheads have brown or hazel-green-brown eyes.

Dark people in my country often gets questions on if they're foreigners, immigrants, refugees and on who their parents are. Blondes, redheads and hazels rarely gets their nationality questioned. I'm a black haired none-white person and many don't believe me when I says I'm Norwegian.

So in some places redheads are common and in other places they're not. A thing I've noticed is that people with rare features often gets bullied. In Nordic countries people are more often mean toward dark looking people, but in countries where the majority are none-whites a lot of blondes and redheads gets teased. It's a weird world we lives in where people teases others for no good reasons. So seems like some people tease based on rarity and not on the look itself.
    Like 3 People
    • I totally get what you're saying here. Since gingers are from Scotland and Ireland, Northern countries like Scandinavia and even Germany have higher populations of us. But yes the effect is that dark-haired people are then outcast

In nature, the weak, sickly, young, elderly, and those unable to camouflage themselves are hunted as prey. Humans do this too based on something as sple as your hair color

I knew less than 10 redheads in over 200 kids in my class growing up, less than any other ethnicity

• I sees gingers almost all the time. Blonde, ginger or light brunette - they're all so common that I gets often surprised when foreigners says they're so rare and exotic. Black haired brown people are mostly immigrants and adoptees. Not many have been in my country more than three generations.

• Cammy137
    Gingers in my school used to get torn to shreds. I remember when mobile phones first started to make significant advancements, there was a ringtone that everyone had that started off with sirens and then went "Warning! Warning! Ginger Alert! Ginger Alert! Warning!"
    Even now, I get comments about my ginger beard. My hair colour is blonde/brown but by beard grows ginger-ish in certain areas. I think redheads possess an incredible colour of hair!
    Like 2 People
    • That's a waste of an alert, like they can't see us coming a mile away lol

I've heard several guys tell me they don't grow beards because they grow in ginger despite brown hair on top. I always wondered how that happened, but am definitely pro-gingerbeard

• I also want to know! I have a friend who has brown hair but it quite literally transitions to red halfway down his face! His mustache and goatee are red. It’s quite interesting.

• Cammy137

It's to do with a recessive ginger gene. It's a particular mutation that doesn't code for head hair but does for facial hair. So a lot of people (myself included) will get brown or blonde hair growing on their cheeks and jaw but a more ginger/red colour on their moustache and chin

• CoffeeWC
    I remember in elementary and middle school there was a set of fraternal twins, both gingers. It took me years to figure out they were related.
    Like 1 Person
  • Femdomina
    Very interesting MyTake, but there is something that's bothering me, you forgot to mention raven haired girls, black hair is not the same as brunette (brown) hair.
    Anyway, nicely written, one of my best friends is a redhead, and we get along very well, we never had any quarrels related to hair color :)
    Like 4 People
    • True, but only because black-haired girls don't have a singular word to describe them in English, and I didn't feel like explaining "morenas". I certainly hadn't forgotten about you. In fact I always wanted black hair as a child and always pretended to have black hair when I played make-believe as a kid

• Femdomina

Morena sounds like a cool name, I know it's not originally English, but neither is brunette (French word for brown) :)
      Blonde is also a French word, I think only ginger or redhead is a genuine English word.
      I think you would look great with black hair, and I should try to be a redhead for awhile :D

• CassieIsTrans
    I have been thinking of dying my naturally curly brown hair to a strawberry blonde, but I don't want to ruin the hair i I have, and I don't want to be perceived as a fake. Your article supports my desire, but I'm still wary of chemical dyes and I am unsure of how my hair would actually change perception of me. Maybe I'll do it anyway.
    Like 2 People
    • When dying your hair red, skin color matters most. If you have a yellow or ivory tone or dark skin in general, it won't look natural. Part of the MC1R gene is a different type of melanin in the skin that causes a pink undertone. So if you're unnaturally pale or have a pink undertone, then you'll probably be alright. Generally brunettes and darker have a difficult time pulling off red hair because their skin is too human looking lol. Platinum blondes have the best chance of pulling off red hair

Red hair dye is difficult to use too. It will fade more quickly than others, so you'll need to dye your hair more frequently

Good luck if you do try for it. You may need to try more than one color to find a shade that works

• FoxnEagle
    Huh, so I guess that's why I've never seen a tan-dark skinned redhead, you literally can't be. Also is calling them a Ginger actually an insult? I thought it was just a name for it, I've never used it derogatively but that's what I normally call them.
    Like 1 Person
    • Lol nope. Tanning is simply impossible for us. In second grade I spent all summer outside (with sunscreen) and came back only a shade darker, not enough for others to notice. I strictly use SPF 100 sunscreen because I'll burn within a half hour of summer sun exposure with anything less than SPF 75. I have burned in March before when I went to walk the dogs in the park. Redheads can't tan because we're allergic to the sun

Ginger is one of those derogatory terms we adopted ourselves. It's kind of like being given something nobody else can have, so we accepted the label. Words only hurt if you left them, so some redheads may feel hurt if called a ginger by a non-ginger, but we use it for each other all the time in a sense of camaraderie. A redhead guy I used to work with called me Ginger Leigha because I wore my hair up like Leigha from Star Wars, but nobody else could get away with it

• wingattebaby16
    I love this mytake!

My adopted sister, bonniebaby19, is a red head. She has the freckles problem really bad! Head to toes

Your comments about sex hit the nail on the head. Bonnie was very sexually active ftom 11.5 yo on

She still is oversexed now. I am surprised her boyfriend is able to keep up with her needs
    Like 1 Person
    • Lol my sister's used to squeeze my cheeks and say, "Look at the cute little freckles!" Once I learned staying out of the sun helps them fade, I avoided daylight like the plague

That is young to start. Hope her boyfriend doesn't get tired out. It's hard to keep up with a redhead in all parts of life

• MarkRet
    I'm sorry you had to put up with so much crap just for having red hair. Personally, I never cared for red hair, but I'd never bust on anybody for it. Lisa DeLeeuw, the famous pornstar, was a redhead. Maybe she had something to do with that theory about redheads being so sexually wild.
    Growing Up Ginger
    Like 1 Person
    • Thank you and your concern is much appreciated

Never heard of her, but possibly. Overtly sexual or attractive characters on TV are often cast by redheads. It isn't as obvious to most people, but it's something I've picked up on being a redhead myself

Think of Lucille Ball being adored by millions, but so was Lindsay Lohan before she screwed her life up. Emma Stone and Julian Moore are often cast as romantics. Characters like the redhead from Edward Scissorhands, Dexter's mom from Dexter's Laboratory, Poison Ivy, and Jessica Rabbit are all famously oversexed

• Miristheiss
    I love redheads. I mind fair skin to be the most attractive. I find redheads with fair skin to some of the most attractive on the planet.

Sorry you were teased as a kid. Kids are jerks. Anyone different and they'll go after.

Yeah, don't try and get tan, just use sunscreen and don't stay in the sun too long.
    Like 2 People
    • Thank you for your concern, it is greatly appreciated. Kids are some of the biggest jerks

I strictly use SPF 100 and reapply every 2 hours lol

• PossiblyInsane
    This must have been hard for you, I'm sorry. I do love red hair though, as do many others, so it's probably not so much of an issue anymore now that you're an adult. I wish I was a redhead haha
    Like 2 People
    • Thank you. I genuinely appreciate your concern. Most things in life change as an adult, and I'm beyond glad being a ginger is one of the things that got easier

• It's no problem! Kids don't grasp empathy so well, so that certainly makes a difference. And from a biological standpoint, redheads are instantly more attractive out of human instincts to find someone with rare qualities to breed with so that those features may be of use to their offspring.

• baseballnerd24
    I really like red hair on women. For some reason it really makes a woman stand out and I find red headed girls very hot. Also if people are going to make fun of you for your hair then they're not worth your time. While I don't have red hair I do have dark black curly hair and I am very pale so kids used to call me jewfro even though I am not Jewish. Guys used to also ask me do you comb your hair a lot which was annoying since I can't really straighten my hair.
    Like 2 People
    • Kids are jerks. That doesn't make sense to make fun of you for being a Jew even if you're not... I could possibly be Jewish... and I don't understand why people make fun of Jews so much anyway because all the ones I've known were pretty decent people

• Sabrina_gomez
    I think gingers are cute especially that little girl (in the picture.. on the table)

But yes I do agree that they get picked on and bullied which is unfair because you can't pick what color hair you have before you are born!
    Like 2 People
    • Yes! I love that little girl on the table because she perfectly epitomizes my childhood angst, but is still adorable

• yes she's an angel <3

• dontgofalling
    Ginger hair is as natural as any other hair color, mutation or not, and actually, hair is a mutation itself, so you're special.
    Personally I find ginger hair very attractive for some and actually my mom has natural ginger hair as well and my dad has totally black hair so my hair is a little different as well, kind of a mix in a way...
    Like 1 Person
    • Thanks. I think everyone looks best with their natural hair. Dying or straightening and curling your hair are the worst things you can do to it

• Aynsof
    Kick a ginger?
    Never got the animosity towards the redheaded people but it honestly isn't much of a thing here in Denmark seems from American TV it is there though
    It is just a part of the colour spectrum within the human genome no big deal
    Like 1 Person
    • Well Denmark gingers are lucky. People used to come up and kick me in the shins all the time just for having red hair... but they never did it more than once after I tackled them!

• Aynsof

Kick you in the shins for having red hair? Is that like a thing? I mean not just your personal experience but something kids generally do to redheaded kids?
      I guess those south park episodes where Cartman goes on about gingers not having souls make some more sense then

• Well... yeah... especially on "Kick A Ginger Day." Ginger bearings are the worst in the UK, but things get physical here in the USA too

• monkeynutts
    Nice, thanks for the read, I believe that most of the stereotypes about red heads are probably correct some of the time, and generally I don't type cast people based on appearance, but I'm sure you are a pretty young woman.
    Like 1 Person
    • Haha I'm a firm believer in stereotypes and will he the first to admit most ginger stereotypes fit me. The last time I had to punch someone, my friend laughed and said "You're such a ginger"

• Who did you punch? I probably would laugh too. I have ginger genes as well.

• Some Indian guy who kept groping me, my friend, and all the other girls in the club we were at. I gave him three chances and a very fair warning before I decked him. Then I yelled at him for making my hand bleed... the bouncers tried to kick him out, but he wouldn't leave, so they had to call the cops. It was a bad situation and he was just unlucky enough to meet a redhead who may have had too much to drink lol

Eh, it's a fun night to remember

• Gopnik
    red hair can be beautiful if done right, sadly sometimes that's not possible.
    one of my friends is a ginger and he used to always have an afro, which looked good on him.
    Like 1 Person
    • Hahaha love it! When I cut my hair short I used to have to tame my ginger fro. Not a great look on me personally

• Киттйлинк
    I love that color... and I love freckles!
    I never understood why some people pick on others with this if it looks sooo nice... to me it seems as jealousy even if it’s no, simply because to me it’s beautiful... I don’t get it!
    Like 2 People
  • Butternuts
    That was quite a long read! There's no excuse or bullying and there's never been anything wrong w having red hair or pale skin. People suck dick and other people should help stick up for you if you are being harassed or bullied.
    Like 1 Person
    • Well yeah, but I tried to make this one shorter than my others...

Thank you. The whole time growing up, there was only one instance where someone stood up for me when I was getting bullied. He was a popular kid, and looking back, I think he may have had a crush on me but was too scared to ask me out because he knew I would've said no. Even though it only happened one time, I will always respect him for the one time he told other kids to leave me alone

• Butternuts

You deserve to be treated humanely and w respect. It's a shame only me person stood 4 u. by the way, y would u have turned him down if he asked u out?

• Yeah that's why I make it a point to stand up for other people when I can. Most people are too scared to stick their necks out

I turned down everybody at that age (middle school). I didn't date my ex-boyfriend until 22, so just over a year ago. Unfortunately it didn't last long because he cheated on me

• briecheese07
    This was very interesting and provided a lot of great information! Great mytake.
    Like 2 People
    • Thank you. Just trying to share a different perspective for people on this site. They get so narrow-minded

• True that.

• close2heaven
    I can attest to so much of this and you honestly could have been describing me with your background. I am:

1. The only red anywhere in my family, but without location of where the last one was, though it stands to reason because both of my parent's families are fucked up all to hell (pml.)
    2. I'm 4'11"
    3. I had a terrible relationship with my parents and when I was 11, I was raised by my aunt and uncle (my dad's sister and her husband) and my cousin.

The rest is a yes, too.
    1. The bullying - yep.
    2. Sun has been an avoidance issue for me.
    3. I have an insane resistance to pain relievers and novacaine.
    4. My orgasms aren't as proilific as they use to be, but there's reasons for that.

Thank you for doing this. So few people understand it!
    Like 2 People
    • Haha thank you and you're welcome. I'm glad I was able to bring a few of my fellow gingers together here

I didn't realize how bad redhead bullying was until j heard about what happens in England. People don't understand how hard it is to be born ginger

• manmeat

@close2heaven

• Show More (80)