Can you be a feminist and still expect guys to pay for dates?

Quote from feminist...

"I am a feminist. I strongly believe in the social, political, legal, and economic equality of men and women. Yet, on a first date, I expect the guy to pay for me."
  • Yes
  • No
Who
Wants
MHO
?

5391

Most Helpful Girls

• No. As a feminist you should know that gender roles and societal expectations in terms of gender is 100% bullshit. There's no rhyme or reason in upholding those standards as a feminist, when the core of feminism is about eradicating such pointless and discriminatory standards.

• It's like saying you're a vegan but you eat meat on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Like that's not how it works hunty.

• @Cammy137 I agree. Dumbest video ever. What kind of dumb logic is that anyway?

Most Helpful Guys

• The answer of course is no, but I'm not surprised half of women said yes. Despite what so many women seem to believe, this is really a very clear cut, black and white issue. You either want equality or you don't.

Most feminists are not interested in equality at all, and most women are very put off when a guy expects them to pay their share on a date, or when the guy accepts when they offer to pay. It's a turnoff for them.

So essentially, women are turned off by equality.