Are traditional gender roles good for society?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

41109

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes.
    A good society understands that not everybody is the same, and that that's a GOOD thing. We all have different talents, shortcomings, genetics, whatever, but those things aren't a BAD thing. It's not a coincidence that EVERY civilization in human history had men as hunters/soldiers and women as nurses/mothers. Gender roles exist not because we make them exist, but because each sex was biologically designed to do certain jobs. 50 million years of evolution created gender roles, society didn't, society was based ON what humanity's strengths were.

• I think they could be depending on how they manifest themselves and how extreme they are. I think men and women being different has to do more with biology than anything else, and this difference has allowed the flourishing of society in my opinion. You have women who dominate the health care field more than men because of women’s natural caring ability for others, and you have men dominate things like engineering and law enforcement for the more logical and less emotional aspects of men’s biology. You’ll see women and men gravitate towards what they like based on their innate biology and psychology and rarely anything else. The reason why you don’t see a majority of women wanting to go into law enforcement or firefighting, is the same reason why you don’t see a lot of men wanting to become nurses. It’s the biological and psychological differences that govern what interests men and women

Most Helpful Girls