#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Baby, You Should Go And Love Yourself

Greetings and salutations friends. Today I want to talk to you about something that has been bothering me for a while. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, there seems to be this sense of “woe is me” attitude in the atmosphere. People feel like they aren’t allowed to partake in or enjoy themselves because they happen to be single. FALSE. The overall theme of Valentine’s Day is love. No one ever said it was specific to the romantic kind. Let’s talk about something that doesn’t get talked about enough: self-love. Pull up a chair!

Baby, You Should Go And Love Yourself

.

What goes through your mind when you think of self-love? I can tell you what goes through mine. The fact that it’s such a struggle. Something that you would think would be second nature is foreign to so many. I’ve come across way too many people that either don’t know how to love themselves because they weren’t taught properly, or they simply can’t. And they can’t because they’re afraid. Afraid to let go of past experiences and hurt. Afraid of change. Afraid of what other people will think. A lot of people think of self-love and confuse it with being vain or self-centered. While you can look up the definition and find those things there, the main definition of self-love is the concern for one’s own well-being and happiness.

Let’s come back to Valentine’s Day aka just another Hallmark holiday. Stores are taken over by all things hearts, chocolate, and giant teddy bears. Your coworkers won’t shut up about their plans with their significant others. And all you want to do is wallow because you’re single. We’ll I’m here to shut the pity party down. I used to feel the same way. I would spend the day sulking and being mad at the world. Until I realized that no one was making me feel that way but me. And that no one could change it but me. One year I decided that I wasn’t going to feel bad because I was single. I cooked myself dinner and dressed up to eat it. And you know what? It made me feel good! That was the start of my V-day tradition.

Baby, You Should Go And Love Yourself

There are plenty of things you could do Valentine’s Day besides sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. The thing about self-love is that it goes long beyond a silly holiday. We should all be striving to love ourselves 24/7, 365 days a year. It’s so important to take care of yourself. Don’t wait for others to do things for or with you. Self-love is taking yourself out to dinner, or to see a movie. Self-love is taking a nice warm bubble bath once a week. Self-love is cutting toxic people out of your life and not feeling remorse for it. Self-love is joining a gym. Self-love is treating yourself to that new pair of shoes you’ve wanted. Self-love is buying yourself flowers and chocolate. Self-love is doing what makes you happy and not putting your happiness into the hands of someone else. I can’t stress how important it is to love yourself. So this Valentine’s Day, and every day after that, practice doing some things that make you happy. Whether you are single, or involved, it’s never a bad time to love yourself. Always remember: the way you love and treat yourself dictates how others will love and treat you. If you can’t love yourself, how do you expect someone else to know how to love you?

Baby, You Should Go And Love Yourself

I hope you guys take something positive away from this. Let’s make self-love more relevant this year! Until next time, stay classy GaGers. See you on the threads!

#selfloveall2018 ❣💕💜

#CHARismaticOut ✌🏾😎❤

1936
CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in a bad mood, but reading this put a big smile on my face. I will work on loving myself. I will make a list of the good things about myself. I will embrace those things. I will work on reaching greater goals in the future. I will do it all... for my own good 💛

Most Helpful Girl

Valentines Day

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 35

What Girls Said 18

• I love this! Exactly self love is essential. Last year I had been through a lot of emotional distress and attachments that drained me so low. I learnt from that , I now demand what I deserve and I'm not afraid to let go of people that do not treat me well. I have lost a few friends but made some lovely friends. But unfortunately, I feel as if the effort isn't mutual. So I told them and now becoming distant until they make an effort first.

For now I have uninstalled snap chat & insta for four months. This is because I believed I needed a break and focus on myself. It had been a day and I already feel some positive effects by doing so. I have also realised that not texting first shows who generally is looking out for u (in my case nobody so far).

I feel like I am starting to love myself so much more and that makes me emotional at times because I am finally giving myself the love others took for granted. I'm starting to look after my health by healthy eating, meditation etc and focusing on my goals. I have even realised that I am more at peace now. 💕💕💕🙌😊. Self love is essential

• Good for You! Self love is so essential. You have to take care of you and put your well being above others at times. It's necessary! Keep it up!

• I got out of an 8 year toxic relationship. Im seeing someone new as of the last 3 months, but Im still working on that self love. Setting expectations for others, making sure I feel safe and secure, and taking my time figuring out just what I want. I've been a lot happier since I've stopped living for someone else.

• I'm happy for you! Definitely get rid of any and all things and people that are toxic and non beneficial to the betterment of you!

• I know the good Lord loves me. He inspires me to love others and love myself. That's why I always feel and know that I'm never alone and that I am loved.

• Its hard to change but sometimes its worth the initial fear. Good take

• It is hard. Change is not something many people welcome. Myself included. But the most important steps you can take often lead you outside of your comfort zone. It's hard, but worth it!

Also, thank you!

• I don’t think I can handle anymore “self love”. lol

• I always love myself, I am the perfect person for me so there's that.

• I completely agree. The focus that our society places on romantic love at the expense of literally everything else is unreasonable. You ought to have a full and happy life without a partner. A partner should be a nice side dish to your life, and not the main meal. You need to have more than just that to be a full person.

Another thing: some of y’all are really out here believing that the one thing that will fix all your problems is a boyfriend or a girlfriend. That’s just Hollywood bullshit that has you believing that.

It is honestly impolite (and oftentimes cruel) to inflict all of your problems that you refuse to deal with on someone else and expect them to fix them for you. No honey. You have to fix yourself.

• Yup! Too many times we want so badly to be loved by someone else because we think that'll "Make us happy". If you can't be happy by yourself, then it's not magically going to change once you're in a relationship. Spend time figuring out why you're so unhappy first.

• I loved myself twice today 😂 seriously tho great mytake.

• I already love myself but still thanks for motivation

• I wish I could...

• Definitely needed this

• I need to love me more

• Good stuff

• Nice take

• You’re right

• Thank you 😊

• Good job!

• Good job!

Valentines Day