Would you want your boyfriend/girlfriend to take down pics of his/her ex?

Whether on Facebook or in his/her room, would you want your significant other to get rid of them?I'm only asking out of curiosity. I see on Facebook some of my friends will take down the old profile pictures, but others leave them up.I personally have never put profile pictures of me with my boyfriend anyway and I keep the intimate pictures (like us kissing or hugging to myself). The others that are up, I can't imagine taking them down unless the breakup was really bad any we're no longer even Facebook friends.Explain your reasoning! =]

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think sometimes a past relationship can be a big part of someone's life and it would seem cruel and jealous to take something like that from them if you have no doubts about your own relationship with that person. I definitely wouldn't expect them to remove all photos of an ex because people often stay friends after a break up, but more intimate pics such as kissing or hugging I don't really see the need to keep once you're in a new relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't really care, I don't control her. I'd be slightly irritated if she kept pics of her with her ex in which they are intimate, then again, that sort of girl is unlikely to be a ong term prospect.

• I'll seperate FB and pictures in frames in her house. I wouldn't ask a girlfriend to take down pictures of an ex. I never look at an s.o.'s or an ex's FB page, but I can see why people keep the old pictures up. You don't want to look petty by taking pictures of an ex off your FB page, and you don't want to look controlled by your new s.o. when you take down certain pics that have been on your FB page forever.Pictures sitting on a shelf could remind an s.o. of a cool trip, and I'll assume the ex in the picture is not a big deal. The ex could be a friend as well; so, that's something I'm going to have to deal with if I date the girl. However, say it were an old photo of my s.o. kissing her ex, and the photo was in a place where we spent a lot of time. After a certain amout of time, I'd eventually have to ask her to at least move it somewhere so I didn't have to look at the photo all the time.

• I don't think I would ask.Though it would depend on my insecurity level and that of my new partner I guess.I could see that if I was dating a girl and her profile was dedicated to her ex I could feel a little threatened (and could cause jealousy especially if they where still on very friendly terms). Therefore, I think I would not object to being asked to remove the pictures and would do that as a courtesy.I wouldn't mind my ex keeping pictures of her ex. Just as long as those pictures took a second place to ours.

What Girls Said 15

• I would be thankful if he did but I wouldn't feel comfortable asking/telling him to.

• I don't really care - whatever option causes the least pain to the most amount of people and creates the most happiness and the least amount of drama would be my preferred option. I suppose all of that is dependent on the parties involved.

• I wouldn`t expect them to get rid of pictures of their ex completely- that`s their own choice and they may not want to erase an entire part of their life. It`s their right to KEEP the pictures, but... I wouldn`t want to see them lying around all the time or popping up constantly. Coming across the pictures frequently would bother me.

• Okay, well I answered yes under the impression that you were asking about around the house. In that case yes, with the exception of maybe if they have a child together and there's a picture up of the other parent with the kid, that would be okay. Any other pictures around the house should come down. And on networking sites it depends on what kind of pictures they are. If they are pictures of them kissing or being really intimate then they should come down. Again, if they are pictures with a kid you have together that is acceptable. Or if they are pictures from an event that they are in, that's aren't intimate, they'd be okay. On those sites it really just depends on what kind of pictures they are

• I would, if it was just the two of them. If it was a large group or a family get together, where there's a ton of people, well sometimes we just have to deal.There's 2 situations- My grandma has a picture of us and our extended family on an ornament. It's a few years old, and it has my ex included in the picture. But there's tons of people on it, so I think that's acceptable.HOWEVER,my friend dated a series of guys (from semi casual to relatively serious). She was thinking marriage with one of them, but still had a picture of her ex. She loved the picture (she's big into photography, and viewed it as a good picture), but I knew better.Unless they were in the picture with a large group of people (that they don't see often) and it's on Facebook, I'd casually mention it when the time is appropriate. When we get over someone, we don't feel the need for them to be a part of our lives- that includes pictures. I got rid of my exes. I just didn't feel the need to have them around. Not that I was bitter or anything, just why bother having them there? I won't be looking at them anymore. It took up space on my computer, and I didn't want them on my fb/MySpace.

• Doesn't matter there just photos. Photos are memories, just cause the persons gone doesn't mean you erase them from your life

• first year my boyfriend and I were together he still had pics of him and his ex in his room in picture frames. neither of us had Facebook yet. I never asked him to take them down, it really didn't bother me. when we started getting more serious he took them down on his own. if today, after 4 years together, he still had them up I would be pretty sick of them lol, but he took them down before it got awkward that he had them up. I think a good rule of thumb is that if you have told your new girlfriend/boyfriend that you love them (which, in my opinion, should take multiple to many months) then you should take the pictures of your ex down. but while you are still in the 'getting to know you' stage, and early relationship phase, I don't think you need to take down the pics, and I don't think you should be asked to take them down, that's a red flag.

• yes, because last time I let a guy keep pics of his ex because they were friends...they managed to hook up later on...

• IF things got serious and they were more of them as a couple instead of them with friends I would want them to come down

• my boyfriend now had one pic of his ex that he was in love with and I asked him to get rid of it..the reason I asked is because if he's over her and with me y does he need her picture? is it that he missis her? it just bugs me!if our reltationship wasn't serious like it is I probly wouldn't have cared at all, but we live together and are expecting a little girl so y should he have a picture of his last love if he has a new life started?he made me get rid of all my exz off of my MySpace too and I understand were he's coming from and its koo with me ill repect that

• Of course I would want them off! if he had them while his dating me that's gonna show me that he still has somthing for this bitch. lol.

• I wouldn't want pics of my bf's exs up on his profile if they were kissing or holding hands or anything like that. I guess friendly ones would be OK, but why would he want a reminder of that relationship? Most guys are really close friends with girls that they broke up with. Idk, it would just seem weird to me.

• I feel that if he or she is in your past, why does this person need to have current representation on your page? And why would you disrespect your new partner? Seems simple to me. If it's still up, there are unresolved feelings.

• My boyfriend still has this picture on Facebook of him with his arm around one of his ex's, and she's got this tiara on and this stupid little smile on her face and it kinda really bugs me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even look at it (he doesn't really bother messing around with what pictures he's got), but I hate coming across it.I'm not going to like, tell him to take it off or whatever though, that'd just be annoying of me. Really it's no big, but meh.

• I don't really know, but I think that it would depend. I'm not really a jealous person, and if there is nothing between them now or they are still friends then I don't think that I would have a problem with it. I think if he was still harboring feelings for this girl then it may make me a little uncomfortable and I may ask him about it.