My ex boyfriend doesn't want to be friends with me anymore?

Me and my now ex boyfriend broke up at least 2 months ago because he was "not ready" for any type of commitment. I was really devasted at this point because he soon told me that he had been feeling like he was losing feelings for me over the course of two weeks which made me even sadder. After that, we didn't have much communication only a "hey" or "how are you" text then and there. Then about a few days ago, my friend messaged him and asked him about me and he pretended not to know who I was. I was really mad about this because he had also blocked me on all social media accounts as to which also confused me since he had always said he wanted to still be friends after the whole breakup. So more weeks passed and about two nights ago, I finally realised that I should unblock him, because I realised it was childish so I did , and I decided to message him and ask him if we were still friends and he left me on read. What does that mean? Does he still have feelings for me? Is he over me? I'm not sure but he also told me that it takes him about 3 months for him to get over someone so I'm not sure. I really need advice, please help.

67

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't flog a dead horse. He's not interested. I think it's more about you wondering why you repelled somebody and you can't take it. Everybody fucks up with people in life. I've had more enemies that I can count. You can't please everybody all of the time. You can't even please some people some of the time. Your in danger of losing your dignity and self-respect. Sometimes you just have to take one on the chin, pick yourself up and move on. Trust me by this time next year you won't even be thinking about him

What Guys Said 6

• sounds like it's over

in more cases than not ex's don't remain friends. so i'm sorry to say it but i think you'll just have to accept that, at least at this point but most likely going forward, you guys won't be friends.

this may not be a bad thing though. it will probably be easier to move on within him constantly being a presence in your life

• Not to sound harsh or anything, but if you read your post outside from what you're feeling, this guy doesn't like you anymore. He was the one that broke things off. He also said, we can still be friends, out of courtesy. After reading further, this dude never really meant it by treating you like that. Friends don't ignore each other, do they?

Move on dude, you are better off without him anyway.

• Well... he seems to have moved on, and so should you. Why do you even want to have any kind of interaction with someone to whom you now mean nothing? Have some self respect, leave him alone. He doesn't give a hoot about you any more.

• Don't push the friendship. You can't force any kind of commitment on a person. It probably isn't what you want to be told right now (understandable), but you can't change things that are outside of your control. In these situations, the friendship is always fake if the feelings remain on either side. You would be pretending you don't see him like that while suffering on the inside. Don't prolong your suffering. "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they are yours. If they don't, they never were". Easier said than done, but it doesn't make it any less true.

• I am happy for him that he left you he did good with you. I wish I can do the same

• he doesn't gt power over you if he bothers threaten him

What Girls Said 6

• He Not only 'Was Not "Not ready" for any type of commitment here, dear, he is Also Not... A friend in Need or a friend Indeed.
    He has shown sure signs of Moving on down the love line, and with you Not Only Finding out things on One end, you also Found Out... He left me on read.
    This is Not a Hint, it is a Helpful No hymn Nor Haw that he wants to be on his way and has Decided against the idea Of... Wanted to still be friends.
    Good luck. xx

• Sometimes (most times) people claim to want to remain friends after a breakup just to soften the blow of the breakup to the other person. They really don't mean it in a true "friend" way; more of a "I'll acknowledge you if I see you somewhere " kind of way.

He obviously falls into this category. The best thing to do is just leave it alone. Why bother with someone who just doesn't seem to care?

• A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

I'll put it to you in lay terms: Men and women are incompatible as "friends" due to social conditioning and inter-gender dynamics. Toxic masculinity now withstanding, most heterosexual men see us as chattel, objects to be obtained, he may pretend to be friends with you but in actuality he's scheming of ways to get sex from you. In fact, the majority of rape cases involve a female being violated by a male "friend".

I know that sounds harsh, but it's reality. It's this sexist, racist, homophobic, pro-white, capitalistic society we live in, in this shithole we call America.

You are blessed that you are pretty much dead to your ex, I can't tell you how many times I've heard about girls getting assaulted, raped and even killed because they continued relations with a manbeast that should've been dead to them post-relationship.

• Nobody is really friends with their ex. Its quite impossibly. Move on. Many fish in the sea, wait until you find your sea

• He doesn't want to talk to you because he doesn't want to be reminded of you. He wants to get over you. He wants to figure out his love life before he can contact you again. He wants to think things out and have some alone time, and possibly date other women. Possibly the other woman is upset that he keeps in contact with his ex?

• I don't remain friends w my exs. It's too painful for someone and uncomfortable when you start dating again