I feel like I can't move on any advice?

So as of may last year I lost my (first and so far only) girlfriend of about a year from her cheating and getting pregnant. I haven't really seen her since outside of her trying to break the restraining order (long story) I had to place against her. I'm not entirely sure if it's from how she acted (she had substance abuse issues, was literally bi polar and wouldn't take meds, used to beat me, and whenever I tried to leave she would threaten suicide and one time actually slit her wrist) or if I'm just really screwed up in the head but I just can't bring myself to date anyone else. Straight up this year I have had 3 girls whom i wouldve been lucky as hell to date who either asked me out and i turned down or who were flirting with me and i friendzoned them. This combined with these nightmares I keep having of her makes me think I will never move on. I have no intent to get back with her yet I can't help but feel as though she has left a mark and I want to move on but can't. What should I do?

11

What Girls Said 1

• being with someone who has mental health issues/substance abuse issues can definitely take its toll on your own mentality. you might not be ready, you might not trust women, you might fear going through what you went through; all of those reasons are valid as to why you feel this way. you need to give yourself some time, give yourself some freedom, give yourself some love. you need yourself right now, and right now could be the best opportunity for you to befriend yourself and learn more about why you feel the way you feel.

What Guys Said 1

• move on remember you can't save no body who don't to save themselves. it's not your job to carry another person problems so move on