Inexpensive Date Ideas

Face it. Going to the cinema or a restaurant can be expensive, especially if you are paying for two. If you already make a good salary but are a miserly cheapskate, or if you do not make enough money to afford movie tickets or the restaurant bill, then here are suggestions that you may try the next time you invite your new friend for a date.

Inexpensive Date Ideas

1. Cooking at Home. The benefit of home-cooking is that you can easily incorporate into your daily routine of tasks. Instead of making for one as you would normally do, assuming you always prepare your own meals and live by yourself, you just have to increase your potion sizes, because you have an extra mouth to feed: your date friend. If you are very good in the kitchen, then you can use this as an opportunity to show off your cooking skills. The downside is that, if you only know how to prepare cheap dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, then you may not impress your date friend enough.
  2. Playing Chess. This strategical board game challenges your brain to plan and predict. Play for fun, and be entertained for hours.
  3. Introducing your Family Members. If you happen to live with your parents or other relatives, then you may want to introduce your parents to your new friend, or vice versa. If they like each other, this may be a good sign that they will be great in-laws too!
  4. Watching a Movie at your House. Going to a movie theater may require about $40 on a single date, including 2 movie tickets and food. Instead of hitting the road, you may just invite your friend over for a movie night. While watching the movie, you may provide a bowl of fresh fruits, like cherries or bananas or apples or oranges. Do not turn off the lights while watching the movie, if you are prone to sleeping when the light is turned off. For a more wholesome environment, stay away from PG-13 movies or above, and only watch PG movies or G movies or some kind of educational, informative video.
  5. Jogging. Jog around the neighborhood with your friend. If you don't feel like jogging, try walking, running, or cycling. Whatever you do, think physical activity!

These ideas are just my suggestions. Hope you find them helpful, and stay happy and healthy!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• Picnic at the park
    Cooking dinner at home together and watching a movie
    Going on a walk or a hike
    Fishing
    Just chilling on the couch talking
    Going to a museum or art gallery

These would be more along my idea route for inexpensive date ideas, also introducing them to your parents does not really qualify as a date.

• I don't know about cooking at home together, especially when the two persons involved don't share knowledge of the same recipes. I have never had a friend of the opposite sex, let alone a romantic partner/date, but if I did, I think my partner would be surprised at the ingredients or even the cooking techniques. I know how to make Chinese steamed eggs, stir-fried eggs and tomatoes, wonton dumplings and soup, which are traditional Chinese home-style foods.

• Generally you stick to recipes you would both know or that you could teach them, that's kind of the fun of it, showing them how to do it and making it together, so you stick with fairy simple stuff to achieve that.

• If you have 2 brains on stims and love chems, you can do anything.

• 6. Throwing empty beer cans at cars from overpasses.

7. Mocking funny-looking children on their way to/from school.

8. Dualing a capella karaoke at 3 AM outside the retirement home.

9. Calling up random strangers and making his-and-her grunting sounds into the phone.

10. Spitting watermelon seeds (or tobacco) for distance and accuracy.

• Those are all fun... If you're twelve.

• Good luck doing that when most women have the personality of a mammoth tusk and a sense of humour comparable to Anne Frank in the attic.

• Mutual masturbation

• Are you Chinese?

• 1) Hate when this one is suggested because barely anyone under like 25 can do it
    2) Not hours, realistically maybe 30 minutes
    3) Also like 10 minutes, and could end up super awkward and bad
    4) My house that I own? I'm 18.
    5) Fuck exercise why do people wanna exercise on a date?

Sorry.
    Can someone make a "Expensive Date Ideas" Take for once?

• Walking in parks is fun too - keeping balance over uneven ground is a great excuse to hold hands.

• What about taking her to McDonald's and getting her something off the dollar menu

• @idkwtftoputhere do u wanna go to Asian restaurant on our first HAWT date or juz stay home with meh and have a HAWT smex? šŸ‘™šŸ’‹

• Playing chess? Are you a Twilight fan?

To this list I might add visiting a museum, either art or natural history. They are usually very inexpensive.

• No, I'm not a Twilight fan. What does Twilight have to do with dating?

• On all the honest trailers of Twilight, they frequently poke fun at the fact that they seem to play a lot of chess. If you've not watched honest trailers on Youtube, give it a try! They're hilarious!

• I consider most of those hanging out more than a date.
    Personally i would not want someone to meet my parents for a first date/get together. And i also dont want to meet here parents right off the bat as well. Thats just me, i feel like it puts too much pressure on everybody.
    Jogging could work if your both fitness people, but then your all sweating and smelly.
    Trying to watch a movie at one of your houses or playing chess would mean that your already close in some way. Not going to invite someone you dont even know over as its too forward and to girls might be creepy if they dont know you at all.

Personally i like a more adventurous first date so we have something to do and then laugh about later.

As a cheap guy myself it is hard to pick a good first date with out breaking the bank. I've even done small "surveys" with girls about a guy using a coupon or groupon on a first date. The answers i get are very mixed depending on the girls upbringing and life style. The way i see it, if we can both eat or do an activity for the price of one then why not.

• Do you have any comments about eating home-cooked meals?

• I think it really depends on the girl, and how you met.
      In my age range of girls, they have this "every guy is a perv and a creep" so a home cooked meal date might not work if you dont already have an relationship or know each other a little. I see it as too romantic for a first date. Thats just my opinion

• Plus given they're at your house for dinner at night, they might think you wanna bang later and want easy route to sex

What Girls Said 8

• I run an 8:30 mile but my boyfriend runs a 6:15 so it doesn't really work.

• Playing chess

I dead

• Lol "date friend." What an interesting term.

Cooking for someone is only an option if you know them fairly well beforehand. Meeting someone's parents is not my idea of a good date. Please don't make me jog.

Good suggestions, but perhaps not the most general.

• What kind of food is in the first picture? It looks unfamiliar to me lol. And as an inner fat ass I'm very interested.

• I have no idea. LOL.

I think one dish is full of chicken feet, and four bowls are full of rice porridge and preserved duck eggs.

• Nvm interest is gone 😂

• netflix and chill... but surprise her. Go all dominate and make her your slave.. get exciting, bring out the handcuffs.

• I was just about to post a question asking about cheap date ideas then I saw this on the front page lol.

• I'd personally say go on a picnic at the beach or some park or just anywhere with a nice scenery.

• Depending on which city you live, I like going "Sight seeing" but I live in Vegas.