Face it. Going to the cinema or a restaurant can be expensive, especially if you are paying for two. If you already make a good salary but are a miserly cheapskate, or if you do not make enough money to afford movie tickets or the restaurant bill, then here are suggestions that you may try the next time you invite your new friend for a date.
- Cooking at Home. The benefit of home-cooking is that you can easily incorporate into your daily routine of tasks. Instead of making for one as you would normally do, assuming you always prepare your own meals and live by yourself, you just have to increase your potion sizes, because you have an extra mouth to feed: your date friend. If you are very good in the kitchen, then you can use this as an opportunity to show off your cooking skills. The downside is that, if you only know how to prepare cheap dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, then you may not impress your date friend enough.
- Playing Chess. This strategical board game challenges your brain to plan and predict. Play for fun, and be entertained for hours.
- Introducing your Family Members. If you happen to live with your parents or other relatives, then you may want to introduce your parents to your new friend, or vice versa. If they like each other, this may be a good sign that they will be great in-laws too!
- Watching a Movie at your House. Going to a movie theater may require about $40 on a single date, including 2 movie tickets and food. Instead of hitting the road, you may just invite your friend over for a movie night. While watching the movie, you may provide a bowl of fresh fruits, like cherries or bananas or apples or oranges. Do not turn off the lights while watching the movie, if you are prone to sleeping when the light is turned off. For a more wholesome environment, stay away from PG-13 movies or above, and only watch PG movies or G movies or some kind of educational, informative video.
- Jogging. Jog around the neighborhood with your friend. If you don't feel like jogging, try walking, running, or cycling. Whatever you do, think physical activity!
These ideas are just my suggestions. Hope you find them helpful, and stay happy and healthy!