How You Know You're Ready to Tackle the Dating World

In today's world, dating is the gateway to marriage and long-term relationships. But how do you know when you are ready for dating or whether you have the qualities of an ideal boyfriend/girlfriend? Read on:

How You Know You Are Ready For Dating

The first thing you must do is ask yourself whether you are physically, emotionally, mentally/psychologically, financially, socially, and spiritually well. If you are lacking in any of those dimensions of wellness, then you have to fix it. Otherwise, it may be very difficult for you to succeed in a relationship. How can your relationship be well, when your own self is not well? Are you able to meet the needs of yourself as well as the needs of your romantic partner?

How can your relationship be well, when your own self is not well? Are you able to meet the needs of yourself as well as the needs of your romantic partner?

When you have critically examined your personal wellness and pass on all levels, you can progress to questions related to time and money management. Dating costs time and money. If you are serious about dating, then you should make time in your schedule for spending time with your date. Also, bring money, but stay within your budget.

Dating costs time and money.

Another important thing to consider is your sexual orientation. If you are sexually attracted to males or females, then you know one characteristic of what your potential partner would be like. As heterosexuals greatly outnumber homosexuals, you may have a greater chance to find an opposite-gender partner who is attracted to you than a same-gender partner who is attracted to you.

Fortunately, sexual orientation is not the main component of a relationship. Because there are other factors involved, it is certainly possible to have a successful long-term relationship without sexual attraction or sexual activity. The partners usually satisfy each other emotionally instead.

Once you have thought well and hard about your personal needs, situation in life, schedule, willingness to allocate resources, and sexual orientation, you are now ready to date.

Asking out a man or woman is a different topic. Be prepared to handle rejections maturely.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 2

• Wow this is amazing, what if im lacking of money because the economy isn't good at the moment and my work laid me off. This means i dont have much to spend but i am ready to date could there be a chance that a girl is interested in me?

• Well, as long as you are always willing to improve your current condition (show some proof that you are seeking employment or a higher education), then I do not see why not. Maybe that girl could be the next Penelope to the next Odysseus.

• Thats true! Well see what happens

• Short and to the point but it don't answers how? Teaching people the right way to develop maturely is important. Can you do a part two in teaching this generation how to be ready emotionally, physically, spiritually, financially, and all that stuff. I see it as baby sitting but people on this site have large number of people who don't get it. Or I'll do it. Cause I feel it needs to be done.

What Girls Said 5

• People don't have to "fix" all areas of their life to be ready for dating. This is the problem with some people, they think you have to be this perfect version of yourself with all your shit together, to be considered a potential dating option. That isn't what dating and relationships should be about. It's about finding someone you can learn from, or teach, and grow together with, and share experiences with, and become a good couple TOGETHER. It's not about being two perfect individuals on your own. It's about finding in another person, what you may lack. It's about balance, not perfection.

• I have no job, I rarely go out so I already know why I can not get a date

One thing I find is that most women seem to have a problem approaching men

I prefer to approach men now

• "The first thing you must do is ask yourself whether you are physically, emotionally, mentally/psychologically, financially, socially, and spiritually well"

It would have been nice if you could've elaborated a bit more on each one.
    Also the sexual orientation comment seems out of place in this take but I get your overall message. Look forward to reading your second take

• Im not ready for anything therefore I will die single

• Dating is oten just for the experience and not meant as a gateway. I uninspiring until everything is in place can eat unpacking of youth. We don't live for 500/years and most f our twenties are taken up with fixing a lot of problems. I think it's healthier to date if you meet someone you like and acceptance t no one is perfect. Only reason I could see for not dating us if you know you are psychologically not ready. I think life's downshift fur waiting and feeling isolated usually makes problems worse. Sure if there's a shirt term problem nagging at you go ahead fix it. But financial stability spiritual enlightenment psychologucal equilibrium freedom fur ailments can take decades. Some people don't even g ave that. Dating since it involves people , should deal with reality not fantasy. Life's messy.

I think all you mentioned is really important for striving but not necessarily just to go out to a movie or walk in the park:)