Feeling depressed over rejection?

I've started to feel extremely suicidal over all the rejections I've been facing in life, social rejection, friend rejection, and especially rejection from girls. Time to face the facts, I'm a loser, I will always be a loser, my dreams won't ever come true, the reason I have barely any friends is because I'm a loser, and the reason I never have and never will have a girlfriend is because I am a loser. I can't ever change that. I'm just a typical nice guy beta, that girls scorn at, and are happy to befriend, but would gag at the thought of dating me. It doesn't matter if I'm attractive or not, I'm not meant to be happy. Every night, I think about all the times I've been turned down, and it feels like a noose around my throat. I know girls don't owe me anything, that's fine, I know society owes me nothing, that is also fine, but I owe nothing to them either, I don't owe society my life and work. I don't owe my family my life, it was their choice to bring me into the world when they could have aborted me, not mine, I owe them nothing. I owe my friends nothing, they will get on in life anyway. I realize now, I truly am one of those pathetic losers you see, either ending there lives or warping into the next maniac. Fine then, no girl wants me, fine. I have come to accept that I will always be alone, I. Utter pain and solitude. I've given up on everything people have told me, those false hopes that it gets better, it never does. As I said I've accepted that I will always be alone, I've also come to accept my death. I'm beginning to see, the world has shown me it doesn't want me, fine, if that's the case, it would be best that I free the world of my presence. Basically, why should I live? I don't think life gets better, no girl will ever like me (not that I'm ugly), doesn't matter, I still hate myself), and I have no right or reason to exist, so why should I? As a side note to the mods, please don't delete this, I'm asking because I genuinely want a reason to live.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Every night, I think about all the times I've been turned down"

Let's be totally honest here. How many times has that been, exactly? Three? Four? Half a dozen at the most?

I know damn well it can't be any more than that, because you've got a piss-poor attitude and there's no way you're actually putting yourself out there. You're not a beta, you're a self-defeatist. You convince yourself that you've been rejected before you even try.

I know, because I've been there. I finally figured out that I didn't need a woman to bring meaning to my life. That I could create my own meaning. And you know what? Once I started living for myself, and enjoying the things I "could" do instead of worrying about things that I couldn't, people started to take notice. Women started to take notice. And you know what? It didn't take much, either. People want to be around people who find ways to enjoy life, even if it doesn't live up to their expectations.

I think it requires a bit of a self-epiphany to reach that point, and maybe we all get there differently, but when you do, the world changes, and you never see things the same way again.

What Girls Said 6

• One of the best things you can do for yourself is to simply accept yourself the way you are. I know It might sound scandal to people who don't see themselves as anything worth life, but look at it from another way. Changing your perspective is also a very nice way to change your life. Don't tell yourself ''They don't need me, I'm a worthless piece of trash. I don't deserve to live. They will probably even be happy if I was gone..'' etc. If you weren't worth life, you wouldn't have been given one. If you get rejected, then they don't deserve you or life has given you yet another chance to find the right person. In the end, before you jump into making life-decisions, relationships, friendships and stuff, make sure you know YOURSELF and what you truly WANT by finding out first what you really NEED and how you can get it. Wish you luck~♥ ^~^

• What you need to understand is that rejection occurs to absolutely everyone and you can try to find solace in the fact that you weren't fated to be with that person anyway if they don't like you for who you are.

Also you should spend time looking for true friends not the ones that will just accept you. If you build a true friendship with someone, that's literally all you need. Not a girlfriend. You need someone to lean on.

Spend time building your life. A career, anything. Friends and contacts usually come from people you spend working with day in and day out.

I don't know how to persuade you to stop thinking about your suicidal thoughts. However it's extremely important to remember that happiness begins with oneself. Not friends, not family and not a relationship. If you can't be happy for yourself, someone else won't do it for you.

• I don't have anything to be happy about, though. I'm a failure, that's all I can be. And, friends are great, but I already have some really great friends. I can't be friends with someone I care about, it hurts too much, one day I'd end my life over it, and she'd feel guilty, that's not fair.

• You're only a failure because you fail to realise your potential. I honestly believe you should spend time thinking about things you're good at and building something for yourself. Things you enjoy and spend time doing. Worry about relationships after. In my opinion this will be a lot healthier and better for you.

• would you like to be my friend?
    hey! everyone get rejected... its normal.. its life
    don't take it personal.. and move on
    i recently had a breakup... i was rejected for the reason even i don't know...
    so chill.. you are so young... you have lots of things to experience... this is nothing

• I've been rejected too and it really hurt. I was absolutely depressed. But I promise you'll get over that person. There are many amazing beautiful guys and girls thatve been rejected. It doesn't mean you pathetic or not good enough. Someday you'll find a girl who loves you for you. I hate society too bit hey know that they're are people that love you. And please don't attempt suicide. I did twice. And parents and family were crying. And it just was traumatic. There are many reasons to live. You have a long life to go. If you are depressed you should go get help. I did and I feel so much better than I did a year ago. But I know exactly how you feel. Stay strong babe <3

• you have lots of things to live for you should try and change the people you're around nobody stays rejected forever dont be that sad life is beautiful even if you're alone there's a lot of things to do. i know i do

What Guys Said 1

• How about I was in the exact same place (wanting to end my life and all) a couple years ago. Although I was trying to get over one person turning me down whom I had extremely deep feelings for said person.

Anyway, Prove those people wrong for pushing you to the side! Be successful in life, Don't let society win in beating you down and pushing you to the side. You've got to show them that they made a mistake by pushing you to the side, be successful and have fun without them.

No one is gonna do anything for you, you've got to go out and show them that you are a winner damnit. And if they cannot see that then they are blind.