Should I seriously give a short guy a chance?

Okay so I'm a young woman of 6'2 barefoot and the tallest guy I have dated was 6'1 but he cheated on me with a petite girl, then I dated a guy who was 5'9 but was very abusive to me because I'm bigger than him and he manipulated me so many times. I really want to date a taller man but guys seem to like the shorter women. I've seem a 6'7 guy with a 5'1 girl and a 6'3 guy with a 5'2 girl. Tall girls get nothing. I had a crush on this guy last week and he was 6'10 but he has a girlfriend and she looked about 5'8.
Damn I can't get any tall men. I get shorter guys about 5'6 and shorter hitting on me. This guy who was 5'7 asked me out but I reject him. My man HAS to be my height or taller. I don't date short men. I get pissed to see tall men with short gals.

• Yes. Stop being so flipping picky!
  • No.
  • Tall females should at least give a short man a chance
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't settle. If you do, you'll be thinking "what if" all the time.

What Guys Said 20

• if you seriously have to consider it then it most likely means you're considering settling, I would highly recommend you don't settle, even though people would argue and say you never know what may come of.

• Who cares about height. Any man talk or short would be lucky to have you :) . Don't let height get in the way of things, it really isn't healthy. A good guy will come no matter his height :) . I'm so sorry to hear of your past experiences with those men and I have to say they are jerks with napoleonic complexes. If you were my girlfriend I would treat you with the respect you deserve, although I'm only 5'7 by the way :( but I'm open to anything I guess 😉. Tallest girl I dated was my ex, she was 5'11. For some reason I always get girls 5'5 to 5'11, I guess the tall girls find me cute for some reason :)

• As a short man I take umbrage with girls who posses your attitude towards short men. I would rather die on my own than have a woman settle for me.

You aren't attracted to short men? You see men like myself as unattractive? That's fine, that's not a problem. Go and chase after tall men but you have to remember that tall men like you have their preferences and they prefer short women because it makes them feel more masculine and feeds into their fragile ego's.

• What would you answer if I asked you if I should date tall girls? Should I give them a chance or hold out for the cute short ones? Seriously

• What do you mean?

• I'm saying, would you want a guy to refuse to date you because you were tall? Because you are doing just that to short guys.

Maybe it's just me but guys take all kind of flak for focusing on if a girl looks attractive and not as much on personality, and then questions like these happen. I'm not trying to be rude or mean but it annoys me lol.

• Nope, never settle, no matter who gets offended.
    Them getting butthurt over it isn't your problem, its theirs.
    Find yourself a good tall man, or at least a man your height.

And no, I don't say this just cause I'm 6'2 and I don't understand what its like to be short, cause I have plenty other shortcomings I have to live with, so I do understand.

• Basically you are making dating harder on yourself. If you met your dream guy and he was exactly 3 inches too short... would you really want to not even get him a chance?

• For something like height, I would say if he's slightly shorter, like 3 inches. Give him a chance. But if he's too short and it bothers you THAT much, then you have absolutely no right to complain, because you are waiting for that guy who checks all the boxes on your list

• So let me get it straight -- you're only willing to be with a guy who is your height or taller, but your upset that "Tall girls get nothing"?

That is a way of having your cake and eating it too.

I am a short guy (5'6) and girls typically want guys who are taller than 66 inches and also taller than they are.

• Don´t do it if you are really not intrested in dating him. Hmm if he haves something that attracts you like his acctitude for example, go for it.

• The same reason why ur too tall for guys who are too tall lel

• if a shorter guy tries to abuse you beat him into submission

• Yeah you should.

• You can find taller i think my many friends is 6.2 or more

• Dealwithit. jpeg

• You don't have to.

• Tbh you are freakishly tall for a woman and guys dont like that. Stop being picky and find a nice guy that likes you whatever his height.

• You sound a bit too harsh. Based on your attitude, no man whether short or tall is gonna wanna date you.

• So a guy HAS to be your height at least for you to date him but you don't like it when you get shorter guys approaching you and claim tall girls get nothing. Well guess what, you just got a taste of your own medicine. Do this guy a favour and do not date him. He deserves a girl who is much better than you. You'd think someone who suffers from preference of others would learn to be open minded. Just as you don't date short men, tall men date short women. Get over yourself.

• I think your question implies that short guys are nothing.

• That's a bummer! The problem for you is guys don't put as much emphasis on height as girls do. ALL girls want a tall guy. But guys don't typically care that much about height. So if you have a guy who has LOTS of dating options (tall guy) what's he going to do? Go for the girls he finds most attractive. For guys that tends to have more to do with a girl's body shape than her height. So a thin girl with great curves will win no matter what her height.

Tall guys aren't exclusively attracted to tall girls, even if girls generally want a guy their height or taller. Same problem with education. Educated guys aren't exclusively attracted to educated girls even if most girls want a guy with their education level or more.

• Why aren't tall guys attracted to taller girls?

• It's not that they aren't attracted to them. It's just that they aren't EXCLUSIVELY attracted to them in the same way girls are much more likely to ONLY want to date a guy at or above their height. Give a guy an option between 2 girls, one that's taller and the other that's shorter but has a better body shape, and almost all guys will prefer the second one. Not a problem for you if you've got a great body in addition to being tall.

• Honestly if you have to ask us if you should give him a chance because of his height you don't deserve him. And seriously guys lIke short girls... lol. Less than 13% of guys consider height a factor in choosing a girl. When 48% of females will never consider dating a short guy. It's a gender stereotype, girls no longer need to be "protected".

What Girls Said 11

• I have an idea of how you feel, always having been by far the tallest in my class and now being 5'10". I also shared the same opinion as you, and worried that I'd be forever alone because there's so few guys taller than me around my area, and most of them seem to be way older, live too far, already taken, etc..

I started hanging out with a friend who is now my boyfriend, is a bit shorter than me, and honestly I now couldn't care less. Of course I ran it by him that he isn't bothered with the girl being slightly taller, but with that taken care of the only issue a height difference presents to us is possibly attracting more attention from others since the general rule is that the guy be taller. I don't see why that should be followed though- as long as the guy is not below your chin/shoulders, it's not much difference. It helps of course that he be pretty fit but if you completely rule out shorter guys without even giving them a chance, you'll have a much smaller pool to choose from.

• so i know I'm not as tall as you, being 5'8"... but i understand where you're coming from. i have been considered tall all my life and if i had a dollar for every time somebody commented on my height i would have a grand... lol but yeah my entire life i have been attracted to tall guys because it doesn't make me feel so tall. i can't imagine what dating must be like for you.. considering that rules out all guys shorter than lets say 6'0... i have thought about dating guys shorter than me, but i just think that i would be uncomfortable all the time. as it is, anybody shorter than me makes me feel insecure. no matter how hot or nice the guy is, I'm sorry but i make take a pass because in the end i know i won't feel secure being next to him. call me shallow but thats just my preference and what I'm comfortable with

• I wish I was your height! Being a 6'2 girl sucks! All guys I know prefer short women. Short women are so lucky.

• tall girls consider my height pretty short, short girls consider my height to be kinda tall... in the end, i wish i was 5'7" lol

• Me too. I hate feeling so big.

• Being as tall as you are, I cannot really blame You for Not wanting a short stop. I am not one to point fingers just because this is your preference and if anyone was in Your shoes, how would they feel?
    Being a short sally myself, I never had much of a problem. But for the tall, model like gal it Can be a big deal and a Deal breaker in any relationship.
    Might I suggest you go online and find a reputable dating site. State just what you are looking for. You probably will get hundreds by the flocks and stocks.
    It is often hard going out there and finding just the Perfect Person for they all come in all shapes and sizes.
    I think today it doesn't really matter the Height... however, a short guy could be the gem of a gentleman where a tall tom could be a tough target... it seems it is just boiling Down To----Being between a rock and a hard place, sweetie.
    Good luck. xx

• Ok like I always say to everyone. Do not settle.
    If you want someone tall then don't settle for someone short. There's every type of person in this world so why should you settle? Find a guy that meets your standards even if they are "too high" according to other people. Everyone has the right to get what they want in life.

Now from my own experience I've been with guys my height, taller, and shorter. And they were all cool. I just like walking with a guy that is confident of who he is and feels proud of holding my hand.

Also I have a cousin that she's your height and all get bfs have been extremely tall. It's just about waiting for the right man to come along. DO NOT SETTLE!

• I'm a short girl standing at 4'11" and I like dating short guys but I mean I'm open to anybody. It all depends on who you're attracted to. If you happen to meet a short man your attracted to I say give it a chance. Most short guys are so used to looking up to people they don't care that you're tall and they probably like it. I say give it a chance. You never know..

• As a tall girl with the same problem, I say, do not settle for less if that gonna make you unhappy.

• You should and there probably worried they will never gget a girlfrined.
    Hope this helps :)

• you don't have to date anyone you are not attracted to, but it would benefit you to open your mind a little. I understand your frustration though

• I'm 5'10. I'm the tallest girl in my school, which is strange. There are only a few guys taller than me, and most of them have girlfriends. Anyway, just give a short guy a chance. It's worth it.

• You don't have too but you should try.

• I mean I'm 5'8 or 9 and I've dated a guy a little shorter than me. I've had guys tall, short and average like me. It's okay to have a preference but you shouldn't be cocky to shorter guys. Just saying.

• I wish I was your size. Being a 6'2 girl sucks shit.

• Model. And all the boys will worship you