Is it ok if I get into a relationship with my ex's twin brother?

My ex and I broke up because he lost interested in me and he said I deserve better than someone who doesn't truly love me like him. I still love him a lot. His twin brother looks exactly like him, his voice, his face, his sweet personality, etc. And his twin brother likes me. I like him too, but I'm not sure if I like him just because he looks exactly like my ex or not. Is it ok if I get into a relationship with my ex's twin brother?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know someone who was madly in love with this guy for many years back in high school. They were very good friends and always together. Never technically dated but were inseparable and like I said, she was crazy in love with him and wanted a relationship. Because they were always together, she became close friends with his identical twin brother. The twin and she quickly fell for each other, she immediately forgot about her feelings for the other brother, and they started dating. It lasted many years and they are now very happily married and have been for a few years.
    It isn't unreasonable. It happens. You have to make sure you are completely over your ex, and that bother brothers are comfortable with it. But if it is meant to be, go for it.

• I do like his twin, and I do not wish his twin is him. I know they're two different individual, but I don't know whether I developed feelings for him merely for who he is or because he looks exactly like my ex that I'm still not over yet. However, I found all the quality I love about my ex (emotionally and physically) all in his twin too. I don't want to use him as a rebound, but I really don't know if I really like him or my ex.

Does this gonna affect the twins relationship? They're very close and I don't want to break their relationship.

• For my friends: the brothers were completely ok with it. The one she originally liked is recently married as well and all 4 of them are very close. The key to that is being very open and honest between the 3 of you. You have to flat out ask both of them how they feel about the situation. If it affects their relationship in a negative way, you do not want to be the girl that tears apart brothers. That doesn't work out for anyone. From your words I can tell you aren't over the ex enough. You need some time to yourself away from both of them. Do you. Learn you. Then you will be able to come back to the situation and see it more clearly. That requires telling the one you like that you need a little time to yourself to figure things out. Insure him it has nothing to do with him and every thing to do with you and the fact you don't want to start something for the wrong reasons. Especially when it is so serious and could drive a wedge between him and his brother or he and you.

• If he is a guy worth your time, he will understand.

What Guys Said 8

• Nooooo... do you want to get with their father next?

• seems like you are trying to get back with your ex through his twin I would be very careful here.

• No I'm not trying to get back with him through his twin. I'm not gonna use his twin for that, but his twin likes me a lot and I think I have feelings for him back for the reason he looks exactly like my ex...

• Sorry i didn't mean literally use the twin to somehow get back with the brother. I just meant that you are perhaps using the twin as proxy for his brother.

• It sounds pretty strange to me, not gonna lie.

The mere fact that he's your ex's brother makes it seem like a bad idea, and then you add in the twin thing for good measure.

I'd skip it if I were you.

• nope not a good idea and here's what steve carrell has to say about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

• You're in love with your ex, not his twin brother.

Plus I'd have a hard time imagining twin brothers doing that to each other. Identical twins usually have particularly tight knit relationships.

• Might be because of that identical twins like the same type of girls? Yeah his twin is concerned about my ex too he doesn't want to make my ex feel bad in fact he didn't tell my ex about his feelings towards me yet. They do have a really close relationship in fact his twin is hurting because he develops feelings for me when he knows I'm his brother's ex. And that's one of my most concern too I don't want to break their relationship, but again my ex decided to leave me even when I cried my eyes out...

Yeah that's true, I'm not over my ex yet. I feel like I like his twin back because he looks exactly the same as my ex... I just couldn't help it when his twin hugs me and smiles into my eyes I'm in love with my ex and he looks exactly the same I feel that warmess and love all over again... :( I know his twin is a different individual, but I found all the quality I love about my ex (emotionally and physically) all in his twin too.

• *sorry, meant to upvote

• Yeah it's ok... you don't know about my situation entirely so it's ok for you to assume that way.

• It's okay, probably gonna be awkward though.

• No that's just messed up.

• It might make for a weird family dynamic but go for it if it's what you want.

What Girls Said 11

• "I still love him a lot. His twin brother looks exactly like him, his voice, his face, his sweet personality" - you just said it yourself that you only like him because he reminds you of your ex. it would be a really bad idea to get into a relationship with him. and it would be really stupid of him also.

• Well, first of all how do you think that's going to change the relations between the two brothers? Are they both at an understanding about this? How long have you and your ex been broken up? Depending on these answers it may be be healthy for you or for them to be involved in this manor. You may just need to step back and take some time for yourself and to figure out what you really want. Love is great, being with someone is great. But it's when it's for the right reasons and at the right time when it's at it's greatest peak. Love will find you, you just have to come to terms with some of the repercussions.

• Yeah that's my number one concern, though my ex shouldn't get that mad since he's the one that leaves me even when I cried my eyes out... :( We've been broken up for about 2 months now. I don't think I'm over him yet, probably that's why I like his twin brother. I do see this in this way though, that my ex is just another person and just because he's my ex doesn't restrict me from dating someone else, and his twin is included in that someone else... I do know that his twin is not him, I do not wish his twin were him. I know his twin is a different individual, but I found all the quality I love about my ex (emotionally and physically) all in his twin too.

• I know it's not the best idea, but I just can't help it when his twin hugs me and smiles into my eyes I'm still in love with my ex and he looks exactly the same I feel that warmess and love all over again... :( When I'm with him I sometimes forget it's his twin brother not my ex... They're just too similar it heals my broken heart...

• I would definitely say it isn't healthy then and you should take more time to heal on your own than with someone else, but of course this is to your own discretion.

• Sounds like you need some good ol' fashioned therapy.

• damn! nope!! not a good idea at all!
    img4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Hahaha_No_Owl.jpg

• Why? He's just another individual...

• he looks just like your ex and will constantly remind you of him

• I would say yes, do it. It is not ok, and at the beggining it will be awkard, but who cares? You'll get used to it and your ex doesn't love you anymore, he's the one who broke up with you. Maybe now you still have feeligs for your ex, but soomer or later you'll forget about your ex and will love his brother for who he is, not for him looking like your ex. I think you should try it, but first of all you two should have a talk with your ex. If he doesn't love you anymore and his brother does, then why would your ex care about your future relationships?

• Well, you'd never have to take down your fb pictures or the pictures in the home. If he is exactly like him, the relationship will not last.

• No, you're not over your ex. If you did happen to get with your exes twin brother imagine the tension you would cause between them and yourself. It's not worth it. Get over him and move on.

• My ex shouldn't develop any tension since he decided to leave me... Yeah that's true, I'm not over my ex yet. I feel like I like his twin back because he looks exactly the same as my ex... I just couldn't help it when his twin hugs me and smiles into my eyes I'm in love with my ex and he looks exactly the same I feel that warmess and love all over again... :(

• It's ok. You just have to slowly start getting over him. It will be hard at first, but you'll be able to do it. :)

• http://youtu.be/lLbWoaoDh-4

Maybe this will help.

• Oh my good ness gracious. This is fun but yeah not my situation since my ex and I broke up on good term, and the fault is on his side...

• Yea I don't care. I just wanted an excuse to post this

• Twins basil... twiiiiins...

• NO DON'T DO IT!!!

• Why? He's just another individual...

• I wouldn't date him if I were you. You like him for all the wrong reasons. You're still in love with your ex, and you like his twin because they're similar. They're not exactly alike though. They're two different individuals. It's like buying a knockoff bag instead of the real thing. In the end it is most likely not gonna work out because you still haven't gotten over your ex. He's just the rebound guy, and it would probably be better off if you didn't date cause somebody is probably gonna get hurt.

• Yeah that's true, I'm not over my ex yet. I feel like I like his twin back because he looks exactly the same as my ex... I just couldn't help it when his twin hugs me and smiles into my eyes I'm in love with my ex and he looks exactly the same I feel that warmess and love all over again... :( I know his twin is a different individual, but I found all the quality I love about my ex (emotionally and physically) all in his twin too.