Is it wrong for a 17 year old to date a 27 year old?

Well I know this girl she used to date a 27 year old and no one but certain people had problems with it but if you are truly cared by the guy it should not matter right... Well that's the thing people judged them for being together because of the big age difference... If my friend does not care it should not matter to anyone else am I right or is it just okay for people to make fun of her and him being together cuzz of the ten year difference

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think the 27 y/o is a complete loser and the 17 y/o is probably just getting used. The guy is pushing 30, what could he possibly have in common with a girl who's still in high school? They say girls mature faster than boys but not that damn much! They are at different stages in their lives there is nothing they have in common except sex. I can see why they get made fun of, it's just not right.

Even if he wasn't using her for sex (yeah right) he still is pathetic for dating a girl 10 years younger than him anyway. Why can't he find a woman his own age? He should be in a completely different stage in his life and be way more mature. That's sad if they are at the same maturity level. Arrested development anyone?

• Ummm, my parents are 14 years apart and are going on their 21st year in marriage. I don't understand why people can't be more open minded. In a world with 7 billion people, YES it is a possibility that two people 10 years apart can come together and have a successful relationship!

• @NapoleonsBabe
      I totally agree with you. I actually prefer older guys anyway.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not normal, people will just think he is using her, the differnece between a 17 year old and 27 year old are much to vast for it to be considered "okay".

• But when you know they are not being used and that is what you keep trying to tell everyone........ when like this kind of place they have not had sex what would you think than that they are still using them when the guy is waiting for the right moment and for when the girl is ready to have sex that should show that he is not using her right

• It is society's standard and it won't change just like that.

What Girls Said 3

• I also am dating a 27 year old guy. He has a good job, earns good money, has two cars and he's a really sweet guy. I am also 17 and still in school. The only complicated part is that him and my brother are friends, and we've been sort of dating behind his back.

• Ten years difference is fine if she's 30 and he's 40, or something like that. This is about maturity. And I don't care how "mature" she seems or feels, at 17 she is a girl and not an adult woman. He's dating a child. I can totally understand where she is coming from in her attraction; it makes sense. There is something very wrong with HIM though, for pursuing her. Normal adults in our culture do not get involved with teenagers.

• Yes, it is wrong.

• What if he was in jail for 9 years 6 months 6 weeks and a day

• That makes it even worse.