What are men really looking for in a woman? & What would they like to see in a woman's online profile? #GAGExpertChat

#Dating Expert, @James-Preece, will be discussing
" What are men really looking for in a woman? & What would they like to see in a woman's online profile?"

During the chat (an hour +), you’ll interact live with James, as he provides you with immediate insight and advice.

Check the new time for this chat!!!

This #GAGExpertChat takes place on Monday, February 9th at 4:00 p. m., CST. Watch for James' Featured Question at this time. See you there!

static.wixstatic.com/.../...0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Join the #GAGExpertChat Live in a couple of hours!
You can follow James' Featured Question at this time.
Today Feb-9th at 4:00pm/US-CST
See you there!

What Girls Said 15

• "Guys" aren't all the same, some are looking for one thing, and some are looking for another. I'd say the trick is finding the guy who's looking for the same thing you are. There's a lot of guys out there looking for sex, but I'm sure there's also a lot of guys looking for a companion, something more than just sex. It's always a roll of the dice, just use your best judgement, if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

• Actually they are all the same (genitals), but other than that I agree they are all different. Same could be said of women though so moot point I guess.

• I personally am looking for a companion who will give me sex at the same time actually. :)

• The description doesn't matter whatsoever. If you're hot, you'll receive dozens of messages daily.

• They want to know if you're compatible with them.
    Music taste, hobbies, drugs, smoker... And what type of shows on tv they like.

• Okay president 😂

• @James-Preece I really need to talk to you one on one. Please reply :)

• How can I help? :)

• Just confused to certain things with dating. Cause people who know me or just met me will tell me the amazing wife/gf i would be if i were not single. But yet I am. I am just really confused cause guys tell me this but yet choose women who hurt them or end up being krazy or whatever bad situation arises from pursuing the wrong kind of girl. I think like this is a convo that should be like Skype or a call (viber, tango etc). I feel like I am missing something here but I don't know what. Its not like I can't get a bf easily, just finding a good man worth pursuing is. Well it seems that way.

• Physical attraction, sexual compatibility and emotional compatibility.

• MOST straight men are repulsive pigs. They only care about looks. Why? Because ALL they want is sex. It's not just young men either, even middle-aged and in fact, ELDERLY (I used to work at a nursing home, trust me) are just as disgusting.

For the small percentage of men who aren't superficial, kudos to you all!

• That's what men are built for. I guess it's a womans job to always be saying no, eh? Draw them in so you can have them to yourselves, then take away the sex. I know the routine.

• first of all, every man is diferent. but in my opinion about first question some men may are looking for the homeship and the stablity and the love and the sharing and the gentleness in the women. about the latter question they would like to see the something can hit their heart in a women onlion profile.

• It depends on them..

• Who knows ask a guy

• I'm convinced guys want everything in a girl. They want the super model that can laugh at fart jokes while cooking a 10 course meal in a bikini.

• Honestly i think tastes will vary, but i think most guys would respond well to a pretty smiling profile picture, a positive/hopeful outlook, and interesting answers to some of the most boring questions...

• That's definitely a good start. So many women look scary or unapproachable!

• Nice boobs, flat stomach, small waist, nice ass, low BMI, long hair, and a very compliant, laid back personality.

• No... I really don't think that is what most guys are looking for. I personally find a woman with a flat stomach attractive, yes, but not to the degree that I wouldn't talk to someone who didn't or anything like that. And a lot of guys like girls that have their own thoughts and opinions NOT just someone who is laid back and compliant. Some guys like short hair some guys like long hair. I'll admit, most guys like a girl with a good butt and boobs. As long as the person is healthy, BMI doesn't matter to me (not 100% sure about other guys). But really, I'm far from perfect, so why should I require perfection from the opposite sex. Anyone who is looking for a girl who has the looks and nothing else better be damn good looking and have a great body themselves. I don't, so I don't view things like that. And even if I did, I still wouldn't see it like that. Personality is more important. Otherwise we would all just buy manicans or blow up sex dolls and paint them to look like women

• You got it head on really

• They're looking for a sexy bitch who also meets their list of desired characteristic attributes. It's not that hard to figure out.

• Not ONLY that.

In the profile we want to be able to get a read for who you are, so we can get a better idea of where you're coming from.
      Random opinions and conversations without any incite as to the people involved just makes for bad conversion and overlooked and quickly forgotten posts.

• Well of course you want to know who they are, that's a given. My answer is general because the question is general.

• men are looking for boobs ass legs pretty face that is it. guys are pigs

• not me, i look for a pretty face a little bit of innocence...

• And men and women are equal right?

• So much backlash but tbh it's her opinion. & get this it's given on a question that is asking for her opinion! If down voters don't agree, down vote but don't call her names.. Voice your own opinion on a separate thread :/ #hatersgonnahate

What Guys Said 40

• Signs that she's a modest and friendly person. No profile pics with loads of make-up or outsize boobs that dominate the picture.
    Just a simple smiling girl with healthy interests and a positive attitude.

• I feel like online dating is like 90% based on your picture u post lol

• I typically look for a woman who is independent, has goals, close friends, a good career, good personality, etc. Her looks are just a plus, it won't or break my decision if I like her.

• Fun, adventurous yet laid back. Great sense of humour. Sweet, caring and warm personality:)

• A cool chick who hasn't seen too much dick

• the archaic notion of there being something wrong with sexually experienced women has absolutely zero logical basis.

• Nobody said anything is wrong with it. Thanks for outing yourself you sexist pig. All I said is what I want and feel comfortable with.

• Also its biological. Biology doesn't follow logic. We are animals after all.

• Smile. Smiles tell us who you are. If you are happy and enjoy your life, if you have a balanced personnality, if you want to give happiness through your smile or receive attention.

For me smile is the most important thing. I can fairly say I've had a crush on most girls because of their smile. But when I'm saying "smile" I include all the face.

• I'm looking for a woman (girl) whose dating profile
    doesn't scare me away, i know i can read through them
    if something sticks out that tells me red flag i will back off
    I'll be less likely to respond to them type of dating profiles
    i like woman (girl) who carries her self well, has good body
    language , if she's sarcastic that's a turn off, if she's loud
    than again she will scare me away, if she talks about sex
    right away a turn off, if she worries about her body, looks,
    posts fake profile pics all a complete turn off to me i think
    more of females who post Avatars / real pics is turn on

• Only things I look for outside of looks are confidence and the ability to actually start a conversation.

I mean it's difficult to get a woman's attention online as it is...

• Just because we are attracted to women who have those attributes doesn't mean we have a checklist of some sort and each and every thing must be checked off for us to consider. Would a girl rather have an average looking guy with a good personality or a male model with a good personality? Obviously the male model, but presumably you aren't going to overlook someone who doesn't match that description. The way I see it is if you want the perfect looking partner, you better look perfect yourself. If you ask guys to name a list of things they like in a woman the list will look something like that. And yet, those are often not the girls that guys get crushes on. Looks aren't everything. I can take to an absolutely stunning wall already, so why would I go looking for a stunning wall (a hot girl with no personality). I can't communicate my feelings with a wall, so obviously I want an actual human to interact with. What guys prefer isn't what we require...

• At first I thought why GirlsAskGuys is asking such type of questions.
    However, my doubts are cleared after reading the description.

• Well, a girl not having a dick helps a lot.

• Everytime you see "good personality/good attitude" on someone's online profile, a red flag IMMEDIATELY pops into my head about their probably shitty appearance.

But then people will say "don't be judgmental bc it's what's on the inside that counts". Well if the fatass really cared about themselves, ie had good in them on the inside, if they really "have a good attitude/personality blabla", then they would take care of their bodies and not be fat/ugly/unhealthy.

I have always been highly skeptical and resistant towards online "dating" because of this. People love to lie on their profiles just to get their foot in the door.

TLDR: Like some of you have said, it's always a roll of the dice.

• A girl who really WANTS to give oral because she knows he enjoys it and she wants him to feel good.

Apply that concern, ambition, compassion, and partnership to every other part of the relationship.

That is a woman every guy wants.

• Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hello before this big chat tomorrow! If you have any particular questions you'd like me to answer do let me know. Thanks

• If she is naturally pretty, then just a skinny girl, if she is not natural, at least slim, and knows how to put make up to look pretty, and you can tell she smells nice, pretty hair, etc. We guys only care about looks. Everything else only matters if the relationship develops further.

• I have said this before:

I don't really, "look", I just wander and will occasionally stumble onto someone I like.

So far, no one's liked me back. It's a little annoying sometimes, but it's not too bad. At least I learn about myself and other people.

But basically: someone who will laugh with me, be my best friend, and who just emotionally connects with me. That's all I want, really.

Have I found it in a romantic partner? No, but at least I have made friends along the way.

• Here is a little first hand insight. I myself have an online dating profile. Sensible with enough stuff about me. I hardly get any response. But when I created another profile with a great looking male model, not only I got tons of looks at my profile, but some women actually message me which was a 8th wonder. And almost invariably every women replied to my message.

so please STOP blaming men for showing interest in looks because women does too and it's called being HUMAN.

Also I created a female profile with a gorgeous model and undoubtedly I was irritated at the number of messages. Unlike what women claim in their profile, no even a single man used any kind of profanity or was asking for hookup. Not sure why women claim "Don't message if you are looking for sex"

Now that the looks part is out of the way it depends, I personally would not prefer women who have tons of club pics, bikini pics. I like to see that she is educated and simple. I treat a women like a queen when they don't mention in. If they mention it explicitly, I can't because then I feel like a slave. So a big NO to all self proclaimed divas and princesses

• Hot girls don't do online dating so I don't do online dating. I'm not lowering my standards for that garbage.

• Guys and girls don't know what they want until they see it and can compare it.

For example Girl A likes manga and cosplay. Her facial appearance is ordinarily plain and she's a little overweight but wears make up and is fashion conscious Albeit a little edgy at times ; Girl B is stunning and likes to go out and party and have a good time with her friends ; Girl C likes cooking and kickboxing. She's into politics but also satire. her facial appearance is above average yet fashion is on the safe side.

All these girls would be a first pick varying from guy to guy. A guy wouldn't seek any of these characteristics intentionally but present with the choice it becomes easier to picture what spending time might be like with that girl. For me personally I'd pick A C B in that order.

• Online profiles are just that online. A guy who is looking at these sites has his own agenda and desires, and he is looking to see if he feels she would be a good fit. Same as, I would imagine, that girls look for. There is no single right answer to this question, A man might be looking for a woman who is between the ages of _ and _ who lives within an easy commute and nothing more, or he might be looking for a woman who is into THIS (hobby, kink, etc.) and NOTHING else will do.

As a social experiment the administrators of a certain dating site (that is no longer around) put up a generic profile of a woman with the photo of a model and changed single answers to questions such as "do you believe in love at first site" and they found that these answers DO matter. Yes they were drowned in responses as the photo was of a HOT woman, but the experiment stood on it's own.

• "I never know what I'm supposed to do, I only know what I can do."

Women shouldn't get too caught up in making a profile to suit men. Sure, be aware of certain things like a lot of men actually like girls to take selfies and get annoyed if every pic has your friends in it and we can't tell which one is you. But, I think you can take it to an unhealthy place where for example you like having pink hair but a bunch of guys tell you they wish you had blonde hair so you change it and then the dude who loves a girl with pink hair swipes left because you seem like a boring blonde. Like, all a woman can do is be herself. Her best self, sure, but she still has to be the author of her own image.

• That you like girly things and look good.

• Depends on the women what they r trying to show

• Speaking for myself, I love the eyes of a woman,
    It draws me into, and if I'm drawn in, (some) women have the tendency to
    reveal what's in a man intimately if they ( the woman ) look into the eyes of the man.

Might be gibberish ( I am new to this ) #Virgin,
    I've recently heard it from my baby myself.

• I'd say I've got to be attracted, number bone. Sexual within a month , no exceptions. And intellectually my equal.

• Its subjective..

Somebody will say "that dont help!" but then what else do peoole want? Dating is not as complex as people make out...

I want looks, ambition, a goodnature. But that is just me, not anybody else...

• Well Guys are looking for girls. that are attractive to their taste , they are not negative (halo effect is pretty important)

• I don't really believe a lot of the things girls say in there online profiles.

• I'd like a girl who isn't insecure, who isn't ultra paranoid, and who values her relationships.

• here's the truth!! We want a sex maniac wholl take care of us!

• More from Guys
    10