Asking what went wrong on a date.. is it OK?

I had a date with a guy I met online a few months back. It didn't go horribly wrong, but I felt no chemistry, he was talking too much about himself and then at the end he just said "see you some other time maybe". I am not dumb, I get the message = I dint like you. I dont feel bad because I didn't like him much either, but I would like to know what was that he didn't like about me, so I could work on it. Is it weird to ask? Via Facebook. Thanks.

Wow, now I am just confused, you people are telling me opposite things :D

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a little weird. No doubt it would be helpful to know, but at the same time you have to be yourself on dates since you is what they'll be with if it turns into a relationship, right? You can't keep up a charade forever.

There's also the concern (from both parties in a situation like this) that it'll turn into a fight or argument. "What, you dumped me over that? You jerk, I didn't say a thing about the way that you... etc etc etc"

Someone you dated doesn't owe you anything. Personally I'd just move on and not dwell on it. Usually if you're compatible, you feel it right away.

What Guys Said 3

• No, online dating is about making wide contacts, not being polite to people you barely even know.

It's fine to ask him for feedback on the date. IN fact, you should ALWAYS do that on a date, whether it's set up online or not, if there isn't a follow-up date.

• It would probably come across as a little weird, but I'd like to know the reason if I had a bad date. If I could improve in any way then I would at least want to know

• It's not okay.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like a lack if chemistry.
    But if you feel confident enough, go for it. It may have positive outcomes.

• No definitely not! go for it :)