Why does my girlfriend treat me like shit when I treat her like a princess?

I've know my girlfriend for 5 years and been dating her for almost 2 years and our anniversary is in August. At the beginning of the relationship I was very happy we spent a lot of time with each other getting to know each other personally. But then things started to go south, she kept mentioning exs and guys she has been with. After hearing it once I was fine but then she kept brining them up over and over. She would talk about her sexual experience with them even at times when it's unnecessary, I would tell her to stop talking about it and it made me feel uncomfortable. After telling her more then 10 times and getting into a fight she finally stopped. Through out the relationship she would lie to me, ditch me when we make plans and on important dates, she constantly says one thing and does another, promises me a lot of things and never follow through. I have never once treated her badly or with any disrespect. I always surprise her, tell her how much I lover her, and bend over backwards for her but she won't do the same. I feel like I'm putting 110% into this relationship and only getting 40% back. We have talked about this over and over but it's hard to get words out of her about our relationship. I am kind and sincere when we talk but she won't say a word she would just cry and I would have to pry to get her to talk. Back in January After we got into another fight for her making plans with her friend after we already schedule and paid for a date that same day. I asked her to make up all the really bad things she has done to me before our anneversery. That gave her 8 months to make up for 6 major things. It's May and she has not done a single thing or any kind of attempt. I asked her about it and she said it's hard and she forgot. I don't know what to do, I love her but I don't like the way I'm being treated. I think about breaking up with her but it makes me really depressed.

Most Helpful Guy

• dude stop... sounds like she's a spoiled brat... y do u bother?

What Girls Said 5

• Don't even waste any more time with her. She's not going to change and it's no fair for you to be putting in all this effort and having her act like that in return.

• Break up with her. She seems like a spoiled brat. If a guy acted like that I wouldn't even hesitant to break up with him. Girls like that doesn't deserve you. Dump her sorry ass, forget about her, and get a better girlfriend.

• I think she isn't really into the relationship anymore and she isn't worth wasting your time on.

• Coz she's a bitch. u deserve dignity and her love!

• Just leave the bitch.

What Guys Said 5

• If you are hardly getting anything back after 2 YEARS I highly doubt you will get anything more. It's time to tell her to step and and reciprocate or it is time for you to leave if you do not want to continue to be treated this way.

• I guess she enjoys emotional manipulation. It is weird that she stays with you while talking about other guys. Usually women don't want to break down a boyfriend's self esteem because they prefer confident men. Maybe she just want to keep you jealous. Anyway I would recommend leaving her.

• I have no clue why you're still with her. She seems like an awful person. You've gotta get out of there asap.

• I think its time to leave her and find someone who deserves you.

• Mentioning exs is an early warning for what you can expect in a relationship