Is it illegal to date someone who is two years older than me if I'm 14 and he's 16?

Most Helpful Girl

• I see No Date rape,' so do not fear, dear. As long as your parents know, nothing seems seems out of sorts, then carry on.
    My sister was 13 when she got into her First Real Relationship with a 16 year old guy. Both families were chummy, never a problem, and if the guy Is trustworthy, then everyone stays a happy family.
    However, if there is Trouble in Paradise where you blab of "Rape," of course, I am sure they could press some not so pretty charges, so for Now.. Keep it light and semi sweet with no tweet.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 16

• Why is it illegal? If there is no sex, then how can it be illegal?

A date: Guy asks girl, "Shall be meet for a coffee?"

Girl replies, "OK".

That is a date!! What's illegal?

• I meant, "Shall we meet..."

Further thoughts, why this obsession with 18? If it is pure dating, i. e. setting a time and date to meet for something innocent, why again is that illegal. What laws define dating? Can somebody quote?

• @opinionowner your girlfriends texting you

• No it isn't illegal to date someone older than you :) especially since you are from the US :)

• You should focus on school right now rather than dating 16 year old boys.

• if he's not 18 then no depending on what country you live in. I live the USA were people get their salads tossed for messing with little girls.

• He is age of consent and your not but you need to check on the laws where you live and ask mom / dad/ guardian for their advice as well ,

• In my state that would be legal. You have to check with your state.

• You're going to the chair for that.
    No it's fine it's not illegal to date someone off 2 years diffents

• yeah you're both underage so no biggie. even if you were 16 and he was 18 and you wanted to fuck thats still legal in most states. (sometimes depending on if you had a preexisting relationship before he turned 18)

• Yes, it is.

• u just a baby

• Probably not but it depends on State and Country.

• Not sure. I know many girl who are 14-16 and they fuck 25+yo guys, up to 32 yo.

• Most answers here are wrong. (Not all)

Dating is not illegal in any western country. I believe there are a few countries where it's illegal for women to leave the house without a male relative chaperone, but unless you're in one of those, you can 'date' anyone.

Sexual contact depends entirely on where you live. In the U. S., it would depend on the state. In some it would be a crime, others a misdemeanor, others legal. Depends where you are.

• No, but when he's 18, you'll be 16, that'll be illegal

• No but having sex would be. Unless your in spain

• Yes if sex were to occur it would be considered statutory rape in many states here in the United States of America

• Also if nude pics were sent by either one of you you could be charged with child pornagraphy no matter how old you are.

What Girls Said 8

• No, because both of you are underage. If he or you were over 18 then yeah, it would be a problem.

• nope, ur both still minors.

• What country are you in? It's the sexual relations which make things illegal, but don't send him any naughty pics of yourself either, in some countries, the UK included, you can get charged with distribution of underage pornography.

• no i don't see how that would be against the law at that age lol. if he were 18 it'd be different but for now you're alset

• Its not illegal but jeez 14 dating 16? How moronic.

• She's dating a guy for his personality, not his age.

• Maybe not. Read this. This is what prohibition does!!

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1699227-i-feel-like-i-am-supposed-to-supress-my-sexuality

QUOTES:

"My parents won't talk about it, my friends won't talk about it and in general nobody would talk about it! . It made me even more intrigriued about sex, and I had only one resort, to talk to guys."

"Shouldn't we embrace our sexuality?"

You are NEVER going to legislate about peoples feelings!! You think YOU can? Be a feckin' realist.

• @dogbert444 Asnwering Machine: Hey Bards here! I'm busy not giving a fuck because I'm celibate. Hahhaha get it? Leave a message at the Beeeppp. *beeps*

• Right now its not, but in two years when he's 18 and you're 16 it will be. As long as your parents are okay with it in two years, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Provided you don't have sex, it's legal. You both need to be over the age of consent to have sex.

• no? xD it might be once you're 16 and he's 18