Guys, would you date a girl with daddy issues?

If you knew she had daddy issues and it was very obvious but otherwise she was everything you wanted, would you date her? Not talking about myself lol, just curious.

• Yes
  • No
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Daddy issues are not about a girl wanting a man to be her "father" as most who are not in the know assume. It is not about a man pretending to have relations with a 12 year old girl either. It is more about the girl being cared for in a way where she can put life responsibilities aside in those moments they share together. It's a place where she is free to let go of work and worry and feel like a pampered princess. Her Daddy is usually also an authoritarian and puts her in check when she gets out of hand. So, there is a bit of check and balance. The girl does not have to be some dysfunctional teen who's father neglected her, but is often a woman with heavy responsibility in the workforce seeking a place where responsibilities are handled for her. If she is younger and pre-educated / pre- career she is often still confident and strong and seeking a place she can let go of that stress and be timid and docile. He does not have to be older than her, but is rarely younger. He is a man that is confident and strong and makes her feel safe. He wants to treat her very special and make her happy which often leads to her naturally behaving a bit spoiled. Exit cuddly Daddy, enter no nonsence Daddy. Often a look or a phrase will send shivers down her spine and get her right back in line as his perfectly playful little princess. However, sometimes her feminine nature kicks in and she can't help but push back. It seems in times like this she really craves a firm hand from him. There is something very therapeutic about a good hard cry for her. It can be a wonderfully rewarding experience for both due to the very loving, tender and playful aspects of this type of relationships. This dynamic offers a way for a couple to seemingly breeze through ordinary difficulties. They don't suffer harsh fights and periods of silence that modern couples do. They both not only accept their specific roles, but actually crave them. This unigue chemistry has a way of ending the power struggle between a man and his woman and ends up being a very rewarding experience for them both. I have seen a lot of negative responce to this type of question in the past from people who have this negative association to incest or pedophilia. I hope this explaination shines a healthier, more accurate light on this type of relationship. Now you see when I say I've been there and done that, I actually do not only own but where the tee shirt free from shame.

Most Helpful Girl

• Almost everyone has "issues" regardless of where they originate from. It would just depend on how they handle themselves and their issues honestly.

What Guys Said 51

• if the "daddy issues" didn't prevent her from being able to be in a healthy relationship then I could date her

• Lol this is for a friend isn't it haha? Back to serious face, been there done that and I personally am not on this earth to be an emotional tampon or a therapy provider. I need someone who is content and fine with their life. I dated a girl who had her dad walk when she was three. She has never trusted men since and thus never trusted me since I'm male. Prior events form future trends so I wouldn't. Get a good emotional stable lover, not someone who needs every moment to be saved by my own happiness.

• You can have "daddy issues" or any kind of emotional baggage without treating your SO like an "emotional tampon." The majority of us have some sort of troublesome emotional baggage.

• Here's the thing, yes all people do have some "emotional baggage" or traumatic event in their life. Even I have them from my profession but I don't take it home with me after my shift. A women that had *key work* daddy issues would either attempt to resort the issue or not let that event define her. Therefore, speaking of daddy issues as the core subject we can conclude there is still a current problem otherwise the subject wouldn't exist.

• It's not for anyone, it's just a question.

• At my age there are extra red flags - I was with someone 10 years younger than me who came from a very insecure childhood and a lot of lines blurred in our relationship so I would be incredibly wary of possibly going into another relationship like that again.

• ehkkkkk
    maybe yeah but it's a hassle isn't it?
    Them issues. I suppose it does depends on how much do I like her eh?

• I never really undestood what traits constituted as someone with "daddy issues" but say they need more attention or affection than the average female (because of an absent father) then I'd be willing to give her the extra attention and affection. I tend to treat women that way anyways. In fact, it may even be a positive thing because i tend to seek out somewhat clingy women because when I'm in a relationship with them it takes a lot of pressure off of me being too clingy. And instead of constantly seeking reassurance from her, I'll get that reassurance through the way she seems to need me.

• Unless her daddy issues were really extreme, I would in a heartbeat.

• I became friends (almost dated before she got back with her BF) with a girl who had MAJOR daddy issues.
    •She was not a slut, only had slept with her boyfriend, at worst she posted a nude to Reddit for attention.
    •She was actually very sweet and caring, but was so hurt on the inside she couldn't see how great of a person she was.
    •Her father turned things around and while they don't have a strong relationship, he supports her now, which has improved things.

Almost all of her pain is now from her abusive ex, so Dad was just a small issue. Daddy problems doesn't define a girl, just makes them lose trust in men generally.

• Nope absolutely not, daddy issues are honestly one of the biggest red flags out there, and they often come with a huge amount of other issues too stemming from the daddy issues.

I would only consider dating them after I was completely sure they worked through their problems, preferably with therapy or in some professional way. The main reason is that I have never heard of a relationship where the girl having daddy issues wasn't an issue, but I've seen it too many times when it basically ruins the relationship. For example my friends ex cheated on him with some older guy and the only explanation she could give him was that she couldnt stop him.

• What kind of Daddy issues? That would make a huge difference.

• It's a bit more complex than just labeling it "daddy issues". One of the reasons I'd say no to such a thing... is if she starts looking for a father figure within her boyfriend. That gets a bit weird.

• Think all the girls I been with have had daddy issues, lol

• My girlfriend has daddy issues. But there's two types of girls who have daddy issues:

1) Those who crave male attention because they have no daddy.
    2) Those who have an extremely hard time trusting men due due having no daddy.

I've not really seen a middle ground for girls with daddy issues.

• That really depends on what "daddy issues" mean. I'd mostly be concerned if she labels herself as someone with "daddy issues".

• Nobody's perfect, so it wouldn't bother me.

I'm definitely not gonna do any daddy kinda stuff during our super happy fun times, though.

• Nope.

It's funny i think a lot of guys on here would PREFER she had daddy issues as if that would mean she would become emotionally dependent on them. PA-THETIC

• I suppose, so long as she doesn't let them be a problem in our relationship or other aspects of her life.

• Many great girls have daddy issues. As long as it doesn't make her incapable of having a healthy relationship I would date her.

• Yeah of course. If I didn't, I'd probably die a virgin. XD

• as long as she didn't solve her daddy issues by being a ho

• I'm already with you babe, don't worry

• Voted yes but it depends on the nature of the daddy issues if that means clinginess and bursts of anger then its NO

• If she's dating/fucking me cause of her daddy issues I won't complain.

• I'd give her a try, as long as I felt she could be faithful.

• I suppose it depends on how severe they were.

• Honestly if it might mean she calls me daddy... I'm in ;) haha XD

• Yup, I have already.

• I'll date any girl who's pretty and ready to date me. Daddy issues or not

• Yeah of course

• Yeah 💁🏻 I'm not perfect myself 😂 Why would care about her dad

• Depends on how bad they are, but usually yes if the girl is willing to improve herself.

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 10

• I have daddy issues so I sure as fuck hope people would lol

• I am not sure I would!

• That's a lot of guy's dream... Hahahahaha
    As evidenced by the poll.

• If she wasn't off her rocker, then why not?

• Not really but that is because i'm straight.

For me it's not about daddy issues. It's more like just my parents and sibling issues. There is a HUGE rift between me and them.

• Wtf are daddy issues? I hear this all the time but what is it?

• what kind of actions does the one with daddy issues take exactly?

• Generally looks only for older men.
      Can be sorta slutty.
      Attention whore.
      She kinda (maybe even subconsciously) looks for a father in her partner.
      Etc

• @gwenlota2442 No offence to the asker who tried to answer your question, but her opinion portrays the common misconception. A girl with these issues is typically not slutty at all but quite loyal to her partner. Attention whore is kinda strong but don't all girls love attention when it comes down to it anyway. I do know some people can take it to a whole new and unhealthy level though. As far as seeking older men, that can be true but more often it has to do with strength and maturity and the way a certain man can seem to carry himself. I am not the authority on the entire species of girls with Daddy issues but I do share more on what I know above in the Guys responce section if your curious.

• @MrEMann were you talking to me or the asker of the question?

• Yes, why not?

• I have daddy issues. I use guys for money and I never give it up ha ha suckers. Lol I'm just kidding
    Not really

• "Daddy issues", what an amazing way to judge someone!

• @Annonymous I can tell you know what's up and got a little offended at people's misunderstanding, Miss Anonymous. Don't be shy, sweetie. It's ok to be us. The world don't need to understand.

• @MrEMann lol