Is 5 years a big age gap?

So I have my first proper date next Sunday and because I'm disabled I need help with toileting but the point is I told my mum so she knows and my sister so she can toilet me but my mum and sister is disapproving but I'm still going to go, I just don't see the issue. Is the age gap too big?

Most Helpful Guy

• 5 years is nothing, as long as their old enough.(over 18 being legal in most places)

What Guys Said 3

• No it's ok

• Not a big deal in my opinion. I had a 4 year gap in my last relationship, it wasn't an issue.

• No big deal if your over 18 and even less of a deal the older you get

What Girls Said 3

• 5 years really depends.. 16 and 21 is way different then 24 and 29.. and when you're talking 43 and 48.. it really doesn't even exist anymore

• Perfect answer!!!

• What about 18 and 23?

• 18 and 23... it can really depend.. but.. if you have enough commonality it shouldn't be an issue.

It comes down to what you both are looking for.. and if you can respect each others wishes.

• no unless you are under 18

• I am 18, its just annoyed me because my mum has always said who cares about the age as long as they make each other happy but as soon as I see someone older she pulls a face

• My sister guilt tripped me into telling her saying how hurt she will be

• hm... I don't care anymore what my mom thinks... i guess I don't know Don't care...

• What is the age gap? Younger or older?

• I'm 18 he's 23

• That's what I was thinking

• They could just be being overprotective.