Is 14 too young to have a boyfriend?

• NO WAY YOU'RE WAY TOO YOUNG GO BACK TO PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS
  • Still too young, enjoy just being friends for now
  • I would wait a few more years...
  • If you find the right guy and be smart, sure
  • Why not?
  • NO WAY YOU'RE NOT TOO YOUNG I WISH I WOULD'VE STARTED DATING SOONER

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its a good thing to experience what a relationship is like, and to find out what you want at your age. However, its best not to treat it very seriously, because whatever guy you decide to date, is VERY unlikely to be your future husband. Also, you should hold off on sex until you are serious with someone you trust, and possibly see yourself spending the rest of your life with. If you lose your virginity to a one night stand, or a guy you aren't serious with, you will probably regret it for the rest of your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• nope. i had a bfs when i was 5 we just dint touch ;p

its not too young to have a special friend you're attracted to at any age and 14 is even old enough to have an actual boyfriend, but i think its too young to have sex only bc if something goes wrong you're not equipped to handle i.

but a boyfriend sure no problem. as long as with any ager its bc you want him and not just someone and not bc you feel obligated or pressured:)

most people i knew had boyfriend bfs from like 5th grade on. but it wasn't sexual. by 14 it became sexual and i think thats too young for sex.

What Guys Said 14

• My opinion is one that falls between your options. 14 is old enough to have a boyfriend, but in a relationship that is "tame". At that point you can be learning how to get along with a special guy and gain confidence in yourself and your ability to have feelings for another.

But do not have sex so young, and do not even hurry into sexual touching.. Take it slow and advance slowly throughout high school. While it is true that your body is telling you that you are old enough and ready for sex, in our society your age is far to young to take on the responsibilities that sex bring on.

Take your time and enjoy your youth before getting yourself too deeply involved with someone.

• Yes I think it is..14 is a bit too young for that.. it is no different really then a baby that is not ready for big kid pants yet.. they are still in diapers and plastic pants and most are happy with that, and in a few years most of them grow out of the diapers.. some do not I guess.. but to enjoy your young life now and those really are the best times of growing up.. you do not need to spoil it by rushing off to get some guy just because you seen others that may have done that.. it ends in heartbreak most every single time.. hope you do not have to find this out the hard way

• I voted that it was too young.
    You should just wait a few years and then start dating. Relationships bring a lot of heartache with them and at such a young age, it would be better to enjoy yourself with friends.
    Make some guy friends so your comfortable around them.

• It's the perfect age to experiment with relationships and make lots of midtakes. You are learning. Just don't aim at a long term relationship or expect too much of your relationships. It will change quick and you will learn a lot.

• Voted B. Yeah, that's certainly too young in my opinion.

• It's okay, but control yourself. Rubber band that dude if he tries to go beyond kissing and touching.

• No but as long as that's all it is, a boy who is a friend and NO sex!

• YOU'RE WAY TOO YOUNG GO BACK TO PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS!

• I voted Why not?

It's a good time to know more about boys (different than making sex things that the guy asks you)

• For sure. Nothing good will come out of dating so ypung. In fact it can ruin your future through an altered psyche

• Way too young.

• Voted D. It's probably not going to last long, but hey, why not enjoy it while it lasts?

• I didn't start dating till I was almost 20 then stopped before I was 21 LOL

• I'd go with option B

What Girls Said 9

• hahah the last option is kinda of funny~!

• Probably not quite as ready as you think you are. I would wait a few more weeks.

• I don't see a problem with it. I also had my first boyfriend and kiss at age 14 and I have no regrets. I'm still friends with the guy. I think it's just a new life experience. Just don't do anything you don't want to and enjoy being together.

• It's all up to you. You're kind of young in my view, but my view doesn't matter.
    If you do choose a relationship, just make sure you consider carefully before doing anything sexual, and be safe/use protection (condoms) if you do.

• Go with the boyfriend age rule :D

For guys older than you: (your age-7)*2 = the maximum age of your boyfriend

For guys younger than you: (your age/2) +7 = the minimum age of your boyfriend

this is just a guide ofc...

• Too young in my opinion.

• I started dating when I was 13. It's no big deal and if anyone gives you crap about it then they can go fuck themselves.

• Boyfriend: sure.
    Sex: no.

• Just don't suck his dick on the first date